PDA

View Full Version : 2.4mtr Channel master = very very angry wife

Keano
28-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Guys gone and done it now.

I got myself a 2.4 mtr channel master dish and yes I suppose its a bit big.

Wife has come home at 5 and gone up the fooking wall and still now at 22.00 shes not stopped.

She is demanding it comes down tomorrow.

I have not even had time to tune any sats in yet.

I would not mind I sprayed it brown to match the fence and the tress behind but it made no difference she is livid.

To all those guys who are single for god sake stay that way.

Bl**dy women.

bgsats
28-09-2007, 10:38 PM
You could get a new one (not dish).

bbeef
28-09-2007, 10:44 PM
i pic would be good mate, not of the wife of the dish of course ;-)

mark666
28-09-2007, 10:55 PM
she'll be ok by the morning,take her out for a meal smooth things over,is she complaining about the size or the cost m8?............

also would'nt mind seeing a pic and where did you get it from?

good luck m8

dishdad
28-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Keano,

Got to be at the top of my lists for posts that make me smile. 19210

Good on you mate but can understand the BOSSES feeling.

When I am flying into coastal Spanish airports it is so easy to spot the English (mainly) residents with their 2.4's !!!

If she is not too happy she could always....... 19207

satmo
28-09-2007, 11:11 PM
its either the dish or missus...

:D

i know what i would do...

jeep
28-09-2007, 11:11 PM
ill bet she is a western woman................and she will turn it to here advantage and nail ya balls to the floor..................again..... ............get rid and get yerself to thailand.....for a treat

sstylianou1976
28-09-2007, 11:38 PM
You sure she is not complaining about your man hood not your dish being too big mate I mean many men would die for that one?:D

Keano
29-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Well guys I am writing this in the same place I started the thread last night, spent the night on the sofa.

I have a couple of pics on my phone I'll put them on later, when shes gone to work.
If I do it now and she sees me doing it she will go crazy again.

Its not the cost I got it for a good price.

The bottom line is a blame catseye he pm me telling me he knew where one was being sold, only kidding m8 its my fault I decided to buy it.

satwyn
29-09-2007, 08:49 AM
there was one on *bay listed as 3M then revised to 2.4 two piece job just imagine the hastle if you'd bought that one and it was 3M bags packed by now

tr8.
29-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Had the same when i put up a 3rd dish, 1.8 Channel master, and two 1.2 Channel masters, she went made had them up for about a month.
Now i only have 2 the 1.8 and the 1.2 ( should have had them both as 1.2 as gain nothing) now she has stopped complaining and no longer moans about having 2 in the garden, it was worth the pain as she always moaned about having 2 dishes.

Do you get much more with the 2.4 and is it the petal type?

tr8

satwyn
29-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I think the 2.4 is a split design two piece I agree 1.8M not mutch to gain over 1.2m

Keano
29-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Guys not even tried it yet.

She as just gone to work now and is not as mad as last night.

Got to say spraying it brown as made a real difference ( i think so any way ) it does not stand out as much.

Check out the pics, see my attempt to "hide" it with some trellis:D.

denny1
29-09-2007, 09:31 AM
bloody hell mate no wonder shes livid if thats what you call disguising!
Hope you get on well with your neighbours:D

Keano
29-09-2007, 09:52 AM
What I don't understand is right across Europe and the Middle East you see this and no one blinks a eye lid yet in the UK all you get is grief.

To me it is no different than putting a shed,pool,trampoline, or anything else.

The fact its a dish and its like "oh you can't have that".

Yet people are happy to look at some great big trampoline ( neighbour has one )
with sides on it that is higher then my dish, its also a lot wider !

Crazy people us Brits, moan about fooking everything.

renibacterium
29-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Static I assume for 7 deg W?

mark666
29-09-2007, 09:57 AM
looks good m8,stick it on a mast aswell:p

is it motorised?

cheers

catseye
29-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Hiya m8
Sorry to hear misses got the hump over the dish- there's a spare room in our house if you get desperate! -got no room for the dish though:D

Hope she calms down soon -showed my misses the pictures & said she 'dont you think of getting one of those or you'll be on the bloody sofa!!

How did you manage to get it from Redditch to Manchester?

Let us know what you getting from Sirius & Nilesat -if you lay it flat you could sleep on it tonight:D

bbeef
29-09-2007, 01:32 PM
thanks for the pics mate cool as!! :-) And to think i got loads of **** when i put my 80cm up at the top of the garden! I remember picking it up from Echelon and thinking bloody hell this is huge!!!!!!!!

chelseaboy
29-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Mines on a big pole and my missus moans about that and its only a 1 metre, thats one big dish youve got there, i might surprise my missus with one.:D

I love the way you have disguised it with the trellis, it could be worse it could be in the front garden.

top post mate lol

chelseaboy

Keano
29-09-2007, 02:00 PM
hoping to test it later, should get 5.0e to about 10.0w.

It has two motors which I have tested today and both work 100%.

Incline and decline and east and west, two 18nch arms very quiet for arms also.

At the mo the arms are off, because what i said to wife was when not in use i will take arms off and it doesn't look as bad:D.

Also told her "what you worrying about it will dark at 4 soon you don't get home till 6 so you wont see it";)

I'll post another pic soon with it painted brown and you will see its not that bad.

If it comes to it and I have to take it down and at least it made a few of you smile :D, even though it cost me a bit.
Spent fifty quid on bags of instant concrete.

maurice
29-09-2007, 02:04 PM
These women have no sence of adventure, want to get a wife like mine, as long as she gets her S*Y channels she leaves me alone with my 2 x1.8, 2 x1.5, 1x 1.2, 3 x1mtr cables all over the place, fantastic time!!!!

3tv
29-09-2007, 03:04 PM
you need to paint a fence patern on the bottom 6 foot, then a bit of grey/blue sky on the rest. It should then look invisible :)

pilsner
29-09-2007, 04:04 PM
what i did stuck 1mtr channel master up on wall left there for about 2 months let the mrs and neighbours get used to it then when everbody was out at work i switched the face to a 1.2 mtr nobody has ever noticed its been there five years now dont think i would get away with a 1.8mtr though LOL.pilsner good luck

scrapman
29-09-2007, 04:21 PM
well i live in salford right next to manchester,and ive just had a look out of my bedroom m8,and i can just see the top of your dish:Dbut i think youll be alright you might get away with the planning:eek:thats one big mother fooker:cool:rgds scrappy

Keano
29-09-2007, 04:45 PM
well i live in salford right next to manchester,and ive just had a look out of my bedroom m8,and i can just see the top of your dish:Dbut i think youll be alright you might get away with the planning:eek:thats one big mother fooker:cool:rgds scrappy

hahaha:D

Just had a quick play and got a signal for show sports on 7.0w.

Weak though only 20% on technomate.

Need to have a play and try a few different lnb's.

traveller
29-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't know what she is moaning about you could have mounted it at roof level to get a full arc sweep. :D

tr8.
29-09-2007, 05:41 PM

That is low i get over 60% on my 1.2m C/M and over 70% on my 1.8 C/M on the H. and V both over 90% here on the suffolk coast with my 1500s the 9100 seems to depend on which version of ur I run

What a lovely beast though

tr8

sonic1
29-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I have to laugh Keano I would not have the balls to do it:D
I can see this thread going for some time, It will beat the hell out of Eastenders:p

ka004h9564
29-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Keano if its the one from redditch,i told her it was a 2.4m not a 3m dish,i went down to see it on monday "but for £500 to see a few extra channels" naa !
ps;glad your mrs likes it
LOL
Ken.

gbazza68
29-09-2007, 06:59 PM
dont know what she is complaing about.
all you need is a bit of ivy on it, soon be out of sight.
tell her it is the only way to get corrie and eastenders when the tv's all turn to digital!!

brainstormm666
29-09-2007, 07:56 PM
these dishes are sooooo good if you set them up right, ive set one up for a mate who had a bar in tenerfie ... you have to get the two halves perfectly in line with each other and you will notice a big diffrence in signal :)

bobon
29-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Really wanted to buy this dish, but did'nt have your balls. Hope you get 7d with it.

bonehead
29-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Nice dish m8 showed it my missus a she said she wouldnt mind me having one of them,maybe I will surprise here with one sometime.:D
You could always turn it upright and tell her its a giant birdbath:D
Have the neighbours said anything about it?

Regards,
Bonehead:cool:

Keano
29-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Neighbours have not said anything, wife as just said "I'm not joking about that dish its f**king stupid".

I am just playing dumb for now.

And yes to be honest it is the one from Redditch and Ken if you're the guy who offered the old couple £160 for it then you are wishful thinking.
It was their sons and still have the bill for £2500.

It came with a invacom lnb with 4 outputs, one of these high and low ouput lnbs, I don't know how these work so need to do some reading.

ka004h9564
30-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Ken if you're the guy who offered the old couple £160 for it then you are wishful thinking.
No mate i would not of insulted then,i know thier son paid over £2500,i met him 2 years ago when the dish was brand new.
Ken.

Yoda
30-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Keano mate,

You should have painted the fooker pink and told her that you are searching the skys for handbag and shoe shopping channels just for her.

By her a bag of chips and tell her she looks nice and you will be back in her good books.

Yoda

edthekid
30-09-2007, 09:24 AM
simple to solve........make every thing in garden giant size....the dish will only look like a sly dish lol.............

dostoy
30-09-2007, 11:01 AM
This is a very interesting and funny thread.

I have a 1.1 metre motorised wall mounted dish and I would love to have a bigger dish.

I think I have room for a 1.8 metre ground mounted dish but would still like it to be motorised.

I don't have a clue where to get one or how much it will cost to get the dish or to install it.

Does anyone have any useful info ?

Tell us how you get on with your new 2.4 metre dish as I am very interested in what satellites you can get with it.

Thanks.

abdi351
30-09-2007, 11:28 AM
i envy you, but not for the wife ofcourse

>COR<
30-09-2007, 02:22 PM
My wife couldn't care less, as Ham my roof is an spiderweb with masts and antenna's, wire antenna's strung between houses , in the livingroom no audio rack but an large rack with hamradiogear, and the dish downsized from 2 meters to an triax 1.1 since i can get all with it i wish..

Trade in wife, get 6 meter dish :D

wsm25
30-09-2007, 10:19 PM

Let us know how the reception goes m8.

At what % does your receiver lock a signal ? and that 20% for Showsport, at what time of day/night ? beleive me it makes a difference ?

I'm interested in comparing with my reception etc .....

Keano
01-10-2007, 05:29 AM
I am watching show sports at this moment in time.

I use the technomate for tuning and the db for watching.

On the db its currently 76% but is showing a few ber numbers, picture is spot on though.

11996H is always 20% does not matter, I tried yesterday morning at 10.00 and then last night at 19.00.

I am going to order a different feedhorn this week and see how things improve.

dishdad
01-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Great result and best wishes for your future scanning AND with the domestic situation. 19282

wsm25
01-10-2007, 09:49 AM

On the db its currently 76% but is showing a few ber numbers, picture is spot on though.

11996H is always 20% does not matter, I tried yesterday morning at 10.00 and then last night at 19.00.

Cool, my Showsport is always on since I got the dish, not had real bad weather since though.

How's ART sports doing with you? they are slightly weaker signal

and for a laugh , do you get Melody TUNES (not melody arabia or hits on verticals) ? that one a real weak signal, only get it few hours a day.

The signals defnitely stronger at night m8, picks up from say 7 or 8pm, peaks at 1pm then drops slowly. So you're right , 19:00 is about same as 10.00am.

good luck

Keano
01-10-2007, 11:38 AM
ART sports is on 11804H and could not get this in the day but this morning at 05.00 I did have a weak signal.

I also need to replace my cable between dish and db, it is in two pieces with a joiner in the middle.
So this will not help for the weak signals.

I am going to try another feedhorn because I still don't think this dish is giving 100% yet.

Failing that then might have to get the pros in.

Showsports is OK but do get the odd glitch during the day, night time its fine though.

I have taken a couple of pictures now that I have spray painted it brown, anything to try and "hide" it.

Also see the picture of the 1.5mtr next to it and see the difference.

tosser
01-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Hows the wife? Are you still on the sofa? But in the end it will be worth it mate.

Keano
01-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Hows the wife? Are you still on the sofa? But in the end it will be worth it mate.

She worked most of the weekend, so I was in peace.

Last night she did say "you are in the bad books and I've not forgot about the dish "

I'm just hoping that frigging ivy grows quick;).

Saying that yesterday I stood right in front of dish and it made no impact on signal, so what I could do is put trellis right round it and grow plants up it:D.

Just as well winter is coming and dark nights, so it will give me sometime.

Any way she knows the score my mother told her when we first meet 12 years ago, she said " you will always be second best to Man Utd and his football ".
So 7.0w = plenty of football.

Only thing is 12 years later she still looks great, as for me i've lost me hair and put 5 stones on.
So getting rid of wife and finding new one might be kind of tricky.

Fil
01-10-2007, 01:43 PM
sod the ivy, get some sort of bush / tree planted at the side of it

renibacterium
01-10-2007, 02:24 PM

On the db its currently 76&#37; but is showing a few ber numbers, picture is spot on though.

Best time for 11996H is between 11pm and 1am, unfortunately not good time for Prem fooball !

Wossname
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Keano:
get down the garden centre and get some fast growing evergreens and in the meantime some plastic ivy and stuff with big leaves will fill the trellis until the real stuff grows up.
and if the missus still great looking after 12 years, make sure you tell her that & some nice flowers won't hurt...
wot is you can't get with a 1.5 in your location ?

ManikM
01-10-2007, 04:08 PM
the dish doesnt look half as bad after the paint job mate!

lol - what a beast though!!

wsm25
01-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Does paint affect reception atall ? you sure you didn't get 40&#37; before ? lol

One advantage of a prime focus is atleast its slightly lower than the offset ones. Nice work with the paint, should've painted Man Utd on it though :D

Keano
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
@ wossname good idea m8 I never thought of that, the 1.5 gave me all the V beams on but not the H beams.
Any where past about Coventry in the UK and you need a big dish to stand any chance of getting the H beams.
Even now with this dish I can't get all the H beams until about 21.00, I can get the all important 11996H but its very weak in the day and can breakup.
I am going to try another feedhorn and see if any improvements.

Regarding the paint, I never tried dish before the paint but i am 100% certain that its OK.
I painted the 1.5 and my 1.1 (roof) with same stuff and never effected them.

Its spray stuff and spray it on lightly.

fred fickle
02-10-2007, 02:30 PM
I think the 2.4 is a split design two piece I agree 1.8M not mutch to gain over 1.2m

There is a big difference between 1.2 and 1.8 m8 especially if you want nilesat .

@Keano

I had the same problem trying to hide my 1.8 when I got it first but after planting a row of Cypress trees strategicaly around it much better now although it took 6 years for them to cover it in my case as dish is 4mtres high!!!!!!:D:D

P.S. Must keep a eye out for yours when next in Manchunia for a game.

satwyn
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
the H beam is not possible in north UK for nilesat with 1.8M dish so for me personally not mutch to gain now 3M is a different story

ManikM
04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
is Nilesat obtainable in south east london with a 1.2m>?

NICKO
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
how about digging half of the dish in the soil ?

Keano
04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Not worth the hasse m8, remember this is very heavy dish and the mount it comes on weighs a ton, so putting that in the hole and then also securing it would be very hard work.

I did think she was forgetting about it until last night at bed time she said that dish better not be here this time next month.
I bet it is :).

I like Fred's idea, I need to get my hands on some conifers.

Best of it I have now found out that I have the wrong feedhorn but can i get the matched one anywhere ? Not a chance.

I have ordered one but could take a week or two before the company gets them from the USA.

Considering I have the wrong feedhorn, its not bad to think I was watching ART Sports on 7.0w yesterday morning, it was weak and daytime is no go.
Only between 22.00 and 06.00 for 11804H.

@ManikM m8 there have been reports of people around Heathrow getting 11996H with a 1.2mtr dish.
I think if you are on the South Coast of England then you have a very good chance.
The only way to find out m8 is try, go for 11747V first then once you have that then try a H beam.

cirkvice
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Well mate people in Prague were talking about size of your dish mate, only joking. hope she sees sense and we will speak when i get back mate.:D:D:D

finestrat
04-10-2007, 11:24 PM
7 west cracks the tiles over here in Spain on a 1.5 mtr dish. Didn't know showtime was open.

Keano
05-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Don't get your hopes up m8, its on gamma card or dreambox with c/s.

snakie
05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Nice disc Keano m8 :) Although watching my roof everyday makes no difference to me ..it just looks normal ( i got a 3mtr mesh for C band reception , 2.4 prime focus for sky , 1.8 prime focus for taquilla and a 1.8 for thor ).Sometimes depending on the paint it affects the reception,but in ur position i would definetely play with some LNB`s with larger feedhorn ( dont go for brandnames ,try also the cheap ones).Here in Cyprus we work a lot with big dishes so im sure that dish u got will help a lot in the reception for Nilesat.Dont forget also the skew of the polarity on LNB,as horizontals have less signal u should optimised the skew for it.Keep in mind also that u have an offset dish and offset dishes at that size (2.4) are being effected by the ground noise a lot.So if u can get it go higher than the ground it would help a lot...

andeeeee
05-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I have taken a couple of pictures now that I have spray painted it brown, anything to try and "hide" it.

Also see the picture of the 1.5mtr next to it and see the difference.

what paint did you use , was it put on by spray or brush. its near invisible now . if theres any paint left treat your good wife to an all over tan

bgsats
05-10-2007, 01:47 PM
"So if u can get it go higher than the ground it would help a lot..."
Maybe that would be rubbing salt into the wound???? He's in enough trouble already!

Keano
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Spot on m8.

She started again last night.

Her main problem is the height.

I was thinking about digging down a foot or two and lowering it.

I am going to contact a m8 tonight who's a gardener and see if we can get some 6-7 foot conifers.

HOTSTUFF
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I would like to put a picture of my 2.4 fortec dish on here. I have posted on other forums about the reception of this dish. However was wondering how you put photo's on this site.

Cheers .

zad
05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I would like to put a picture of my 2.4 fortec dish on here. I have posted on other forums about the reception of this dish. However was wondering how you put photo's on this site.

Cheers .

you will have to put them into the public upload section mate.

ManikM
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
you will have to put them into the public upload section mate.

cant you just do attach files? and then manage attachments!?

HOTSTUFF
05-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Sorry guys how do
we do that? cant see the attachment section or the public upload.

Many thanks.

xanadu
05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Sorry guys how do
we do that? cant see the attachment section or the public upload.

Many thanks.

Public Upload section is here:- https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=388

zyban
06-10-2007, 06:19 PM
:p Errrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm I don't like the colour Keano

carolina
08-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I guess you should rent a 3 m dish, put in there and after another moaning session put back your 2.4 m-- your wife will be delighted with the small size of the dish. Other thing you can do is to find a channel which will be interesting for her so that she can also have some advantage of it

Captain Jack
09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
@ Keano

What are you doing with your 1.5m, mate? :D

grumpyy
09-10-2007, 06:24 AM
:p Errrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm I don't like the colour Keano

Agreed, looked better unpainted

It simply looks like you are trying to disguise a monster dish as a pile of brown **** :p

bgsats
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
@ Captain Jack ...... I doubt whether the 1.5m dish will be for sale. However, if you're looking for a wife........????

Captain Jack
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
@ Captain Jack ...... I doubt whether the 1.5m dish will be for sale. However, if you're looking for a wife........????
Well, not just yet! At 26 I can wait.... especially for the one who will appreciate the bigger things in life!

bgsats
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Don't think Keano would really let her go (the wife, that is, we know he won't let the dish go! As regards bigger things, are we getting onto a different subject?

Captain Jack
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Well, I was talking about the dish... :cool:

Keano
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Guys for now got to keep hold of 1.5mtr dish just in case I lose fight to keep bigger one.

@grumpyy I wouldn't really think the CM 2.4 mtr painted brown is a pile of sh*t as you put it.

I have neighbours to the far right of me and I am no Scientist but if you have a brown fence and a brown tree then whats going to stand out more a big white dish or a brown one ?

I don't see the army running round in pink combats while serving in Iraq.

grumpyy
09-10-2007, 02:34 PM
You are open to praise for your dish , please also be open to criticism - esp as it is a combination of fair comment and tongue in cheek :)

You have posted the pictures in public and I would say that the mass of brown does not look good at all. It would be different it were done more creatively and faded into green at the bottom or grey at the top.

As I said it looked better unpainted.

Regards

CROSSBONES
10-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Have you fitted the matched feed for it yet mate?

I have to admit I also hate the brown colour, but if it lets you keep it then its better too have brown than none at all:)

Keano
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi bud,

M8 it has not come yet, even though it was posted Special Delivery yesterday afternoon because of this post strike it has not arrived.

I hope it comes tomorrow.

Wonder if I can get refund on paying for next delivery when i did not get it next day.

ManikM
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
im sure royal mail have a clause in their somewhere about not guarantee'ing next day during strike action etc..

ouagadougou
10-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Spot on m8.

Her main problem is the height.

I was thinking about digging down a foot or two and lowering it.

I am going to contact a m8 tonight who's a gardener and see if we can get some 6-7 foot conifers.

You could always rotate the dish 180 degrees then it isnt as high when looking at 7W. It will take up more space horizontally but wont be as high this way. Might be easier to hide form her as well.

See pic.

Keano
11-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Well I never knew offset dishes would work like that.

The only problem would be mounting the bugger but something that is well worth looking at.

joshjess
11-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Hope you not near a airport! I remember the sketch in Only Fools and Horses! when Del put a big bugger of a dish on his balcony! What do your neighbours think of it?

ManikM
11-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Can a dish work like that mate!? ON its arse!? Then you could use it as a trampoline too - like your neighbours!

PS: Grumpyy - I just can't imagine how you get your nickname!

LOL!

ouagadougou
11-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Well I never knew offset dishes would work like that.

The only problem would be mounting the bugger but something that is well worth looking at.

It will work, tried it myself a few times but as you say mounting the bugger is a bit of a problem with a dish of that size and obviously working out the new angle will need a bit of experimenting. Try it with a smaller dish and see how it looks it should be a lot flatter with only the feed arm setting the overall height.

You can even mount them with the feed arm on one side but you wont see as much of a reduction in the height that way. Remember its the LNB that sets the polarisation all the reflector does is focus the incoming signal.

Keano
15-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Cool, my Showsport is always on since I got the dish, not had real bad weather since though.

How's ART sports doing with you? they are slightly weaker signal

and for a laugh , do you get Melody TUNES (not melody arabia or hits on verticals) ? that one a real weak signal, only get it few hours a day.

The signals defnitely stronger at night m8, picks up from say 7 or 8pm, peaks at 1pm then drops slowly. So you're right , 19:00 is about same as 10.00am.

good luck

M8 just to let you know that the only Melody Tunes I can find is on 10797V and get this no problem.

There is a channel called Melody Aflam and this is on 12036H and this is weak.
I have it on now perfect but nothing will be here later.

The H beam stronger for me between 20.00 and 07.00 and done a scan now and got 530 services.
During the day will get about 404 services.

Cheers

wsm25
15-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Thats the one . Tunes on 10797V, its on different sat and very weak, I'm surprised you have it stronger than Melody films.

Keano
15-10-2007, 04:31 PM
m8 10797V as got to be one of the weakest transponder on the V beam.

I have just checked now and its still coming through OK, its on 77% on db and to get a stable picture on db I need 75%, so you can see how weak it is.
Its just started to rain here in Manchester ( for a change ) and have lost a few channels and now have breakup on 11966H, showsports, movies etc.

You're in Holland are you not ?

That might explain why you get H better than V.

The channel Melody Tunes is good, loads of English latest hits and FTA.

Still not had chance to rebuild dish yet, need to take it down and build it on ground first.
Only thing is getting someone else to help me than put it up.

wsm25
15-10-2007, 05:06 PM
m8 10797V as got to be one of the weakest transponder on the V beam.

I have just checked now and its still coming through OK, its on 77% on db and to get a stable picture on db I need 75%, so you can see how weak it is.
Its just started to rain here in Manchester ( for a change ) and have lost a few channels and now have breakup on 11966H, showsports, movies etc.

You're in Holland are you not ?

That might explain why you get H better than V.

The channel Melody Tunes is good, loads of English latest hits and FTA.

Still not had chance to rebuild dish yet, need to take it down and build it on ground first.
Only thing is getting someone else to help me than put it up.

M8 , I am in London, Horizintals are far weaker than Verticals, but that particular vertical TP is weaker than horizontals even.

Keano
15-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Sorry m8, don't know why I thought you were in Holland;).