PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom software v712

Russell1
30-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Tested & working on my Go500 - even got some of the map corrections facility on my UK & RoI v675.1409 map, but not on my Western Europe v675.1322 map.
LoquendoTTS also working.
Can also change the navigation arrow to a custom icon.

Also reported as working on One v1, v2, Go300 (but a bit slow), 500, 510, 710, 910, Rider v1

To install this I extracted the contents of the zip file to a new folder on my PC, then copied contents of the new folder to my Tomtom memory card (I used a card reader) & let it overwrite any existing files / folders.
The first time your Tomtom starts up it may take a minute or two to boot up.
***MAKE sure you have a full back up copy BEFORE making any changes***

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKBJ8BMY

Here's a quote from 'elburchio' - the person who released this file (he has a Tomtom One v1 unit) :-

- this crack is based on the 7.12 found on new TTOne, I found it in ipmart;
- this is intended for sdcard-based devices, I don't expect it works well on hd ones;
- after running this crack, you will find a new folder named /bar: this contains the hardware capabilities of your device. as my device doesn't have a microphone I don't know about audio recording. maybe someone can try this:
1. open /bar folder with your PC;
2. delete the file 'canrecordaudio';
3. make a copy of the file 'loquendo' and name it 'canrecordaudio'
4. good luck.
- on the root of your sd you will also find a file named 'mymodel.txt': it contains the ID of your model. mine is 'TomTom ONE = 6'

Russell1
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
MP3s go in folder named ' mp3 '
Photos go in folder named ' photos '
Text files go in folder named ' text '
(you will have to make these new folders)

Custom icons go in folder named ' cars ' which is in a folder named ' art '
Here's the art folder zipped up - unzip & copy folder named ' art ' to memory card -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9EXF6LX

And here are the Help Me files - unzip & copy folder named ' helpme ' to memory card -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ASOW2PK

CapricornDog
06-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Do you know if this will run on a nokia n80?

Russell1
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
No it won't - it only works on the dedicated tomtom units.

CapricornDog
06-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok thanks anyway

malcolm7753
06-10-2007, 08:21 PM
hi i installed it on my tt one but i can not get any sound any ideas ? there is sound on start-up but not on the voices

Russell1
06-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I think you need to use the LoquendoTTS voice, not the human voice - see here. You will have to re-load TT v712 again to get it to work with these voices.

Also think you will have to use .ogg files for any POI warning sounds (see the speed camera thread for a link about .ogg file warning sounds).

I've tried this on a mates Go300 tonight - it worked but was very very slow, so had to go back to v6.

welshboy
06-10-2007, 10:24 PM
theblob, try searching "route66 mobile 7 ver 7.3.486" I know that this version works with Nokia n95, and apparently with older versons? I'm checking it now
I'll let you know

CapricornDog
09-10-2007, 09:00 PM
theblob, try searching "route66 mobile 7 ver 7.3.486" I know that this version works with Nokia n95, and apparently with older versons? I'm checking it now
I'll let you know

Thanks m8 i have TomTom v6.2 on my n80 i just wondered if this new version was compatiable thats all.