PDA

View Full Version : thinking of ordering a i-phone but need some help

paul01609
03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
this phone is a copy of the apple i-phone and its from china,im after some basic help with the triband,im on o2 uk network would this phone be ok to use in the u.k is the network triband?the phone is only $159 deliverd

Comes with a Free 256MB Transflash Storage Card
Unlocked Tri-band Phone (900/1800/1900 Mhz) for World GSM Support
Built-in Bluetooth
Dual SIM card slots
Comes with a spare lithium battery so you don't have to worry about power
Ring tones Type: Polyphonic (64 channels), Monophonic, True Tones, MP3
Music player: Support MP3 player,with mp3,midi,wav format
Movie player: Support 3GP/MP4 movie player with full-screen
Camera function: 2.0MP Digital Camera Built-in with video recording capability
Memory Type: Support T-FLASH arbitrary expansion slot
Interface: USB 2.0
Built-in handsfree operation mode
Display: 3.3" TFT Touch Screen QVGA display with 260k colors, 320 x 240 pixel resolution
Vibrate: Yes
Internet Browser (GPRS + WAP)
Java 2.0
Handwriting Recognition
Mes****ng: SMS, MMS
Cellphone Directory: iPhone Book Memory supports 300 records
Supports Caller Ringing / Caller Video Player
Game: Two games built in + downloadable
Calculator/world time/stopwatch
Unit Conversion/Currency Conversion/Calendar/
Stand-by time: Up to 150h
Talk time: 180min--300min
Complete English Interface (Default)
Included Accessories

CECT GSM Tri-Band Cell Phone Unlocked (as pictured)
2 x Lithium Batteries (1800mAh)
2-in-1 Power Adaptor + External Battery Charger
1 x 256MB TransFlash Memory Card
USB Data Cable
Earphones
Handwriting Stylus
Instruction Booklet

xanadu
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
It will work fine in the UK, as GSM is a standard system, as long as the phone is unlocked for your service provider.

I would be more worried about buying a Chinese copy of anything! :D

zad
03-10-2007, 07:33 PM
beware it is reported that the latest firmware for iphones will lock it again!

xanadu
03-10-2007, 07:39 PM
beware it is reported that the latest firmware for iphones will lock it again!

As it's a copy, I suspect it will not have Apple firmware, if it's as bad as the Nokia N73 and N95 fakes.

paul01609
03-10-2007, 07:40 PM
its a copy of iphone and its unlocked,its a trusted company with a good review of the mobile phone with 1 years warranty.i have orderd many items from them in the past and i know i will get it sent.theese are the place every one of fleabay get there stuff from then sell it on for a profit

A
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM
It is selling all over Asia I just saw it there 2 weeks back.
Did not try it though

paul01609
03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
huumm going by the replys its got a good rating,onlp problems some found with it was the ear phones seems a good price for aprox £79inc shiping

Pros: Very good looking (even if the design is not very original).
Feels solid, responds well to the controls.
Great gadget for attraction other people's attention.

Cons: The phone is solid, but the accessoiries are not so good. I had to fix a loose wire in the USB cable and the earphones are uncomfortable and bad-sounding.
The English translation of the manual is a mess.

Other Thoughts: You need to get used to the way this phone works, and that can take a while. The positioning of the options in the menus is not always logical and the translations could be better. I still have not gotten the bluetooth connection configured properly, sometimes it will not disconnect from my carkit and receiving files also did not work.

Bottomline: You can find better phones out there, but they will be expensive. I rated it as a 4, but I was close to rating it 3 because of the low-quality accesoiries and the illogical menus. What pushed it to 4 was the sheer coolness factor of a close-to-perfect iPhone replica!

paul01609
03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
just watched a video of the phone in action and it does look very cool think i will be ordering one this weekend
_h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_8wuVEYMZ8_

mixalis-g
04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
The things that you do not see is the ones you should be worrying about.....

This phones have pass no quality control test.

Who says to you that if you speak for 2 hours a day on this ****e piece of phone your brain would not be fried......?
Or how do you now that one day if you leave your phone to charge at home while you are taking a shower the battery will Not explode and your house is Not going to be on fire....Burning your wife in her sleep and your 5 month old baby....

The choice is yours.

People think before you buy crap from China

zad
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Who says to you that if you speak for 2 hours a day on this ****e piece of phone your brain would not be fried......?
Or how do you now that one day if you leave your phone to charge at home while you are taking a shower the battery will Not explode and your house is Not going to be on fire....Burning your wife in her sleep and your 5 month old baby....

The choice is yours.

are all electronic devices not made in china these days????

and as far a qc checking goes its a waste of time!
i work for an electronics store and some of the crap i see coming through the door is nether safe nor reliable and they both have qc stickers on them!
ps i dont sell anything like this refuse to infact!

paul01609
04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
i have now been buying from china for the last 3 years with no problems with any thing i have ever bought,and as stated above most electronics are made in china,japan

Gone_Fishing
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Nothing wrong with buying a copy iphone as long as you don't mind cooking one side of your brain and your eyes and teeth lighting up when you use it :eek:

TNT

xanadu
04-10-2007, 07:04 PM
are all electronic devices not made in china these days????

Yes! :)

But most products are made in China under licence by reputable established companies. ;)

The copy products are probably made by drug dealers, and money launderers that don't care if the product burns your house down, only works for a month, causes interference, or fries your brain! :eek:

zad
04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
i have had a look around the web (guessing where taking about the AV-P688 here) and i struggle to find any reports from anyone that actualy has one.

this can 1 of 2 things,

1 everyone that has bought 1 has had no reason to go online and complain about it
2 there aint many being sold (could just find 1 on the bay)

just noticed tho it does not have wifi and does not look like it will be able to do gps (dont know if the iphone can do that tho)

paul01609
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
h**p://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5179

Gone_Fishing
04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
hmmmm

Nothing like the iphone then no touch screen

TNT

paul01609
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
yes its touch screen

Gone_Fishing
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
yes its touch screen

What finger touch ?

TNT

paul01609
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
i beleave you can use stylus or finger

zad
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
so........

does anyone have one yet?
i quite fancy one myself!

paul01609
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
my order is placed will let every one know the out come,do a search on youtube for p168 loads of clips on there of the phone in action

paul01609
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM

The choice is yours.

found a large forum about the phones and some one has tested them they give out less than a sony ericson

zad
09-10-2007, 10:29 AM
just bit the bullet and bought one myself £90 off the bay inc post and package!

will report back once i get mine, ps if you do want to go for one make sure you get the tri band version, some sellers are passing the dual band version off at the same price as the triband

paul01609
17-10-2007, 08:15 PM
just got mine today cracking fone for the price very happy,found a even better site with very fast delivery was only posted out yesterday and will be here friday

aadham
18-10-2007, 12:09 AM
...found a even better site with very fast delivery was only posted out yesterday and will be here friday
Can you share the new web site's url plz?

Thanks

zad
22-10-2007, 07:24 PM
well just got mine and im well pleased with it, easy to use loads of functions and does everything that a phone should do as well!

well worth the case i must say, all i need to do now is get myself a larger memory card!

paul01609
22-10-2007, 08:27 PM
its alot of phone for little money,i had a lg prada what cost a fortune which lasted about 3 weeks befor dieing.and i find this one much better

paul01609
22-10-2007, 08:34 PM
h**p://www.sourcinggate.com/ 3 days from china to my house in the u.k but you pay for shipping with the other company its free but i waited 2-3 weeks delivery

aadham
22-10-2007, 10:11 PM
@paul01609
Thanks mate :)

dogbob
26-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Just back from the states while i got myself a iphone from apple store it had the latest firmware 1.1.1 which they claim can not be broken, guess what i now have a brand new unlocked working great phone, you tube wifi ect.
fantastic bit of kit.
anybody have any questions on this and how it was unlocked i'll be only to happy to share with you.
Bob:D

Garf
10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Just got myself a cect599 touch screen phone from china. I knew I wasn't getting an iphone and it wouldn't have all the features of one either. Paid £65for the phone and £25 for delivery. Arrived within 4 days of despatch. For the money I thinks its the best phone I've bought.

Put in my o2 pay as you go sim and was able to set up wap and mms with ease.
I've downloaded decent video converter onto my pc so I can put videos on it. There were no instructions with it but it is very easy to use and set up.

The sound quality is not bad and the video screen changes automatically if you turn it on its side just like the iphone. Also has a quirky shake facility. Shake the phone while playing a song and it moves to the next song. Excellent facility to have, especially when playing in shuffle mode.

Oh, and you can make phone calls on it too:D

Came with headphones, usb lead, 2 batteries and additional battery charger

Well pleased and as far as i'm concerned a bargain.

Gone_Fishing
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
h**p://www.sourcinggate.com/ 3 days from china to my house in the u.k but you pay for shipping with the other company its free but i waited 2-3 weeks delivery

M8 how much was the delivery from them and what about import tax etc

Has anyone got the "Desay M888" thinking of buying one for someone

TNT

invalid
05-02-2008, 07:41 PM
i got the Desay M888 m8 from the china site,phone was £85.24 & packing was £21.06 total £106.30.
Well pleased with it so far,no manual with it though but not 2 hard 2 setup.

H.

paul01609
05-02-2008, 08:07 PM
when ever ordering from china always ask them to send as a gift with low value to try and avoid import tax