PDA

View Full Version : Dish is just swinging round! Help

madgooner
04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I have 3 recievers and a disq motor with a 1m dish . Just tried them out this morning my motor is going past all the channels eg premiere. Its coming on my dreambox with a tick as if it was going to lock but continues to max west then maximum east. Is the motor broken or not any ideas?

ManikM
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
on all 3 of receviers!?

goto your USALS menu, and try a "goto" position. eg 28e, does it still go past?

madgooner
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
It wont even stop it keeps going clockwise then anticlockwise im wondering is it broke ive had it for about 4 years

ManikM
04-10-2007, 01:19 PM
LOL!!!!

oh my god!!

cant u stop it!?

if u pull coax out of recievers does it stop!?

Wossname
04-10-2007, 02:02 PM
M8
something similar happened to me with my last dish. Motor developed a life of its own and was not doing what the receiver was telling me.

I found that the motor has a reset button or slot into which you have to insert a thin metal object such as a bent paper clip. it will restore factory south position but you have to set up the sats again which is a pain.

I know it sounds mad but its true. Have you still got your motor instructions?

surely somebody knows more than me

andem
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
yeah happened to us also. I had a superjack, It didn't work after that, it was the socket on the bottom, cable got caught and ripped it off.

We have a 36v one now, but we moved and I haven't installed it yet.

have just put a scafold pole in the garden, need to run some cable now for the 36v.

hope you get your motor fixed. Try reseting it. can you move it manually. left and right, has it got buttons on it?:)

madgooner
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Disconected all the other recievers and just left with the dreambox, still wipping through the sats even the premiere movie portal comes on for a second then goes, i cant get any control to the Stab usals motor cant find my instructions, cant remember any reset on it.
Looks like a new motor tommorow unless anybodys got a answer.

andem
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
i think it is stuffed mate