PDA

View Full Version : TT Go 300 - advice

rickt
05-10-2007, 10:07 AM
some friends have a TT go 300 and have never updated it and have hardly used it . Their new car now has no satnav in and they want to use their TT. What is the maximum size SD card they could use ??
What latest map would work with the 300 ??
I have a good selection of tt maps mainly for my TT6 [as supplied by our friend Russell1] on my PDA and wanted to know if they would work on the 300.cheers

ssjenkins
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi rickt ,

I just updated my 500 last week for the first time so I'm pretty genned up on what to do . Mine had the Spanish/Potugese maps 5.XX loaded onto a 256M SD . The latest map (for my region) is 6.75 which didn't fit so I bought a 1G card . A friend of mine gave me the latest maps which I copied accross and I had to use a small TomTom "crack" in order to extract the Activation Code .
I'm now fully updated . All of the maps/radars/POIs etc can be found on many TomTom dedicated web sites .

Sammy

rickt
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Many thanks , as said I use TT6 myself on my PDA & phone and have ugraded lots of maps , currently using UK & WE [675] , but I know nothing about the dedicated TomTom units. Not sure what map fits what dedicated TT , hence the questions. I'll start by getting them [friends] to buy a 1 or 2 gig SD card and try a few maps out to see what works.

Russell1
05-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Most 2gb cards will work & a few 4gb cards work (not sure which ones though). If you've got software version 6.*** on any Tomtom then you can use any of the v675.**** maps. So yes you can use the maps you've already got.

rickt
06-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Many thanks , Russell1 , like I say I know nowt about the dedicated TT's . how would I find out what software version is on the TT go 300 ? .
The girlfriend bought a TT1 , nice little thing it is , [ I'm taking about the TT here :-) & noticed it doesn't have all the streets in our town on , So I said I would update the map for that too , again I would like to know what version it is and can you put another version on ?
cheers once again .

Russell1
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Tap the screen on the GPS signal bars (bottom right corner) - the latest is v6.52*- if you've got an earlier version you can upgrade it free from Tomtom site using Tomtom Home.

If you've got TT v6.*** an any tomtom unit you can use the latest v675.**** maps

rickt
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
@Russell1 ,many thanks for the info ,I downloaded TTHome but haven't tried it yet . Do I need any log on or serial number to get onto the TT site ?? or will the site just recognise the unit and update ? I'm wondering if I can connect the device at work and go through the network to access the TT site. Questions ! Questions !
cheers.

Russell1
08-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Don't know about using it at work through the network, but you should be able to upgrade using tomtom home without any serial numbers. I have updated mine while I had copied maps on it :D

rickt
08-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Cheers , Russell1 , I'll have ago tomorrow @ work .