PDA

View Full Version : What system to go for????

sherry
08-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys.

I am totally new to this and I am hoping for some advice.
Can someone please tell me if it is possible to get a system that will let me get most of the sky channels, HD channels and also live Scottish football? Am I correct in thinking that it is possible to get the Saturday 3pm games? I have got these from a streaming web site but would love to have them in proper quality. I also would like to have a HD box with a HDD recorder.

Is this possible or am I just hoping for too much?:)

Cheers.

echelon
08-10-2007, 08:42 AM
check the hd forums here for advice on those boxes , but I dont think you will get a hd pvr as yet , just hd sat boxes

and sly isnt hacked so you wont be getting those channels either

and sly are not allowed to transmit 3pm games on a saturday so you wont get those either

now if you wanted a standard cheap sat box that gets footy , films and other channels and is easy to use then you should look into boxes like the tm1500 and patch it

then you could watch footy on premiere on astra at 19e with english commentary most of the time

so some of what you are asking can be achieved but not the hd pvr and not the sly channels

grim
08-10-2007, 09:18 AM
The new technomate 6800 and 6900 Hi-Def receivers have usb for external HDD pvr function with Hi-Def. Not ideal and not exactly low budget and wont do much of what you want as Echelon says, but they do also have emulation firmware to get lots of viewing options ('patch it' as above).
Maybe a Sky HD box and subscription would suit you more? Sat users here mainly have broader goals and not just looking for free sky :)

tr8.
08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
For sky you will need to go to sky any other sky discussion is not allowed
Hd there are some new HD recievers with sat and freeview like Technomate 6900 HD-Usb-Pvr Combo but most places sold out at launch talk to our sponsors Gold wafers at top about this and other options.
These as a new set-up will not be cheap as you will require reciever, dish ,motor and pos a few more bits

tr8

tr8

Gone_Fishing
08-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Depending on your PC speck you could go down the SkyStar route

TNT

Dreamlife
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Technomate 1500 or Dreambox 500S would get you the football at 3pm on astra 19e. Plus alot of films and Entertainment, also them naughty xxx channels :eek::D Also i'd advise that you have a good read around so that you get the most out of your new toy.