PDA

View Full Version : TomTom 710

brain
12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Guys
My unit is about 1.5 yrs old and has always been a shade temperamental on start up. Taking it back twice to a certain store C****** where I bought it I ws fobbed off twice with'you need to charge it' - this did seem to do the trick sometimes but now it steadfastly refuses to do anything - could it be the contactc section playing up or is it a bin job? Any help appreciated. Cheers - Brain

Russell1
12-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Make sure it is fully charged ?
Try pressing the re-set button.
Does anything happen when you turn it on ?

brain
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi Russell
Thanks for getting back - yes it is fully charged and no nothing happens when I turn it on. I presume the reset is that tiny hole and you reach it with a straitened paper clip. If so - no it does nothing - really stuck now! Cheers - Brain

Russell1
12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Did you try holding the resetting button in for at least 5 seconds ?

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?**********1&query=reset+710&FID=6965

To reset your TomTom device, do the following:

1. Charge your device.
Charge your device for at least 2 hours. Make sure the charging light on your device is on (except RIDER which has no charging light).

2. Remove the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, remove it.

3. Reset your device.
Use a straightened paper clip, or something similar, to push the reset button for 15 seconds. See the pictures below for where to find the reset button.

4. Turn your device on.
Press the On/off button for at least 5 seconds.

5. Insert the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, insert the SD card.

If still no luck then sounds like it's knackered :frown:

brain
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks Russell - seems like its knackered - guarantees are pretty s**t too! Cheers - brain