PDA

View Full Version : Russell1 ?

zcar
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Wandering if you could help me here plz m8 :)

I have a Medion md96800 which came with the Navigator 5 maps, pretty old now but anyway I've done the hack on this unit, so far so good but now I need to install TomTom5 for Pocket PC from the TT install disk.

Unfortunatley I dont have the above version of TomTom5 was wandering m8 if you could help me here :)

Ive taken this off PGPS as this is were I'm upto now and need to do this next for the tomtom to work on my unit.

Install TOMTOM 5 for Pocket PC from the TT install disk

Using the ActiveSync Explorer, Delete the file GX.DLL in the MD968000's Windows directory

The TT5 CAB files are in the 96800's \ Windows \ AppMgr \ Install directory

Among these files, two are important: TomTom Navigator.cab and TomTom Voice Jane.cab, the others (bluetooth and today) can be deleted. Using the Explorer, click on TomTom Voice Jane.cab to install. For the TomTom program itself it's a little more complicated because it's necessary to modify the cab file.
To modify the file cab:
- copy the file TomTom Navigator.cab to your PC.
- download and install on your PC the evaluation version of WinCE CAB Manager
- open the file TomTom Navigator.cab with WinCE CAB Manager, select setup.dll in the left panel, use right click, select remove
- save the cab file
- Copy the modified cab file to the original PDA location
- Select using Explorer, as with the Jane file above and TT is installed.
- access from the Start/Programs menu.

Explanation: the setup.dll file present in all the cab files is used to check the hardware compatibility or software of the target platform, the memory capacity available, the list of the ports available, etc. deleting this stops the TT software from thinking that the MD968000 is incompatible.

Also I spent some time trying to get the display to work, trying different versions of gx.dll as described in instructions for other Medion PDAs. In the end, deleting it completely made it all work.

Russell1
12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll try & find a copy for you, but are you able to use Tomtom v6 on this ?
I have not tried or seen your type of unit, so I can't help very much with the installation.

zcar
12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Cheers Russ, I think it's only TomTom 5, I'll have to read a little more and see if V6 can be put onto the unit ;)

Russell1
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Hopefully this is version 5 PPC.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PJH2KL4W

There are no maps or postcode files in this download, but you can use v660.1223 maps & the latest postcode file. Only the two UK voices are left in it. There is a folder in there with an upgrade from v5.00 to v5.21 - think you will need to install the v5.00 first & then the upgrade ??

Postcodes here -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=669QHARW

UK, IE plus major roads of W/Europe in here -

http://rapidshare.com/users/GLMR4B

zcar
13-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Ohh hey nice one Russ thats another shandy i owe you m8 ;)

Ill let you know how i get on tomorrow with this, fingers crossed :) thanks again for the time and effort :)