PDA

View Full Version : Clarke Tech 5000

azul
15-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Can anyone tell me about the picture quality and an overall view on this receiver
thanks

captainglassback
15-10-2007, 05:32 PM
As no one has answered I'll guess for you! I'm using TM and CT ordinary boxes. They are fundamentally the same manufacturer it seems. It is just that CT stole a march on TM and TM are now scrambling to catch up. On the assumption that there will be no difference in pic quality with those that TM are rushing out I would look at the TM as support is, (will be?), so much better. Regarding the ordinary digital boxes the CT firmware is specific to CT but the softcams are same as TM. CT firmware is very slow to come out.

azul
15-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Many thanks captain ,for your help
cheers

larry okun
17-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I have the C-Tech 500combo HD. I have it for two months now. No regret at all. Looking at both prices, (ie for its Tm HD counterpart)go for it. They are technically the same. The only difference is their casing boxes. C-Tech pictures are stunning!

azul
17-10-2007, 05:40 PM
BIG THANKS LARRY
I ve ordered one i'm waiting 4 delivery,one question how do u upgrade software,lots of files but no instruction,i think i need a usb cable to cennect to my pc?

kinace
19-10-2007, 02:38 PM
As no one has answered I'll guess for you! I'm using TM and CT ordinary boxes. They are fundamentally the same manufacturer it seems. It is just that CT stole a march on TM and TM are now scrambling to catch up. On the assumption that there will be no difference in pic quality with those that TM are rushing out I would look at the TM as support is, (will be?), so much better. Regarding the ordinary digital boxes the CT firmware is specific to CT but the softcams are same as TM. CT firmware is very slow to come out.

technomate and ctech firmwares usually appear at the same time and are identical. ctech is marketed to mainland europe and are cheaper.

technomate are aimed at the british so extra £££s on top for essentially the same hardware.

jaydee
20-10-2007, 05:20 PM
BIG THANKS LARRY
I ve ordered one i'm waiting 4 delivery,one question how do u upgrade software,lots of files but no instruction,i think i need a usb cable to cennect to my pc?

If you haven,t already got one buy yourself a memory stick. This will allow you to use the UBS port for all your updates.

larry okun
22-10-2007, 09:41 AM
i use rs123 null cable to upload softwares as you would with t-mate no problem

azul
22-10-2007, 03:12 PM
JAYDE
Good tip mate ,it's fantastic using the usb flash disk that 's the raison why i bought the thing ,couple of bugs,hope thay sort out new firmware
many thanks