PDA

View Full Version : Humax beginner could do with some guidance

grub
16-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Hello Sat Pimps.

After my brother passed away i ended up inheriting his Sattelite dish and 2 set top boxes which i would like to get working but still feel kindve newbie to this whole scene.

I've 2 set top boxes, Humax 5400 (loader 1.37) and 5400Z (Loader 2.08 ), i seem to get better Signal on the 5400 so that is the one im currently using.

I live in the UK and can pick up most Free To Air channels no problem although i cant pick up 2 terrestrial channels (Channel 4 and Five) and also cant recieve any Pay To View channels.

It keeps coming up with 'no service running or scrambled'.

This is what ive done:

Download and uploaded Humax TOH 3.4 Hot Plugged 9.5b firmware with HZU 2.0.
Downloaded Latest Keifra Settings For Humax and uploaded to STB with Humbox 4.1.
Downloaded Fanko_PMCT_ToH3.4_HoT9.1a_170807 and then with PMC Tool opened that file and then Imported HDF fix b.bilge.PMCTable_Emu9.5...NOVY and UKR.Fix.30.9.07 and then uploaded to set top box. (noticed theres no xamuh for 9.5b HoT)
Uploaded key.bin file with DSR 9500 EMU Ed56_CW.

I have a gold type card in the 5400Z and in the 5400 i have a 4th Generation (Fun4) card.

My Humax config: (GMT is +2)

Macro mode on startup: On
Macro mode control button: TV/SAT
Symbolize +CAM activity: On
Display CI Window: On
AC/3 Burst installation: On
Check time on first channels: AU
Start on first channel: Off
Global Audio/Video PID: PMCT
Close channel list with Ok button: Off
Send DISEQC twice for cascade: On
Caid preselect: Card + Emu
Card blocker: Off
Sharing protocol mode: HSIC

Somewhere along the line i dont think ive uploaded the right things, im too new to this game to work out which variable is causing me problems.

I was thinking on getting a brand new funcard but noticed theres a funcard 6, is that better than a fun card 4? Whats the difference? (are 6in1 files for Fun6 cards or can they be used with fun4 cards?)

I was also thinking of buying a T-Rex cam 4.6 but was advised that it would be a waste of money as the humax can do the job of what a T-Rex module can, is this true?

Hope someone can answer my questions, thanks in advance if someone does.

zad
16-10-2007, 12:53 PM
looks like you have done every thing correct!

dont bother with a fun 6 there is no need all you need is a fun 4 with a 6in1 file loaded does not matter what one.

the cam will be a waste of cash as it can do no more than the humax itself unless you want to use a legit sky card in the reciever however even then a diablo ca would be a better option as it has better support.

what sat are you pointing at? from the looks of it your on 28.2 you will not be able to decrypt anything on here with the humax emu.

your best of pointing your dish at 19.2 as i think d+ and prem is open using the humax emu

grub
16-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah Astra 2 28 is the one the dish is usually aiming at, which has good strength and quality on the free view channels like bbc1 etc.

We'll have to try pointing it at 19.2.. also we was told that we should first AU on a TPS channel like France 4 or 5, is this correct?

Glad weve done everything correct so far, had some serious doubts, cheers :)

p.s whats D+ and prem?

zad
16-10-2007, 01:24 PM
tps is on 13 not 19

d+ and prem are packages that i believe are open on 19 cant rememeber if they are au or not tho

grub
16-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Yup, 13 is the hotbird, have been trying to get it to update on that but audio or service is always scrambled even though its about 40% quality.

2 nights ago was getting some picture on France 2 but it kept dropping, when i tried a cam reset it said the card wasnt the right type.. ive flashed the fun 4 card with the file from this site today but unfortunately dont have any picture coming up to try another reset to see if the CAM+ accepts it for the channel.

Will see if i can get anything from a prem channel.

voith driver
16-10-2007, 08:47 PM
hi grub,
with tps, do not forget to change your stb clock to 2+ gmt
voith

grub
17-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah did do that mate, been getting audio encrypted on all AU channels like TPS, Digital + and Premiere.. been advised to start from fresh so gonna give that a bash except this time with all the files from this site instead.

This place is much more newbie friendly than a couple of other sites ive been on, get a faster reply too so think its best i stick around here!

zad
17-10-2007, 03:00 PM
yip, satpimps does have a magnitude of knowledgeable members (thats my big words for the day lol)

grub
17-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for your help Marco, ive managed to pick up Premiere channels fine (wish they were in english :rolleyes:), but on the TPS and Digital + networks im still getting the audio scrambled thing :eek:

Arg why is the audio scrambled and all i see is black.

Is there a specific channel on the premiere network that will update? Like Premiere 4.. also will i be able to tell its updated, like will anything flash on the screen? Also how long can it take?

Still no channel 4 or 5 as that is proper scrambled :confused: but ahh well, im getting there.

Update: Wehey some of the channels can be audio changed.. im feeling quite happy.. and want more! :D

dmgp
17-10-2007, 05:28 PM
grub
the green button will show if an enlish soundftrack is being transmitted, just select it if it is.The TPS package is on Hotbird at 13 deg E. All you'll get on 19.2deg E is Premiere and the Spanish D+ if you have put the codes in.

grub
17-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I also have to put some codes in?

My knowledge of all this hasnt reached that stage yet, ive uploaded a keybin.bin and flashed my fun 4card but havent manually added anything myself.

zad
17-10-2007, 06:07 PM
that should be fine for prem as i believe its au on the 5400 (correct me if im wrong guys) however i dont think it will au for d+ (once again correct me if im wrong) if im correct you will have to load a new key everytime d+ changes there key (about 3 times a day)

tps should au over the air but make sure you have your clock set gmt 2+ (think you have to be on france 4 or france 5 for a few moments to get the autoroll update and make it work)

grumpyy
18-10-2007, 05:13 AM
To help au on prem and tps go to a channel like france 4 then keep resetting the humax until you get "card accepted" message. then wait for it to au

Press 0 immediately followed by recall button on the remote to reset.

It may reset to "card accepted" at first attempt or it may take 2 or 3 goes......
It all depends upon on the balance of the universe in relation to your humax at any given moment. lol. :p

I find Prem blue movie channels au quickly. :)

luis
18-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Premiere and TPS do AU on Humax, D+ doesn´t. You have to enter the keys manually (twice a day at the moment). To do this you have to have CATone software loaded (loads the same way as Humax firmware). If it´s key 00, enter the first half in the key line 00 and the second half in 01. In case of key 01 enter it in the lines 02 and 03.

grub
19-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that people.. all seems to be working as it should, even added my first key for d+ and then the channels popped up.

Its just normal terrestrial channels 4 and Five i cant get de-scrambled, comes up with

TRY
G

What kindve encryption is G?

P.S: Do have a T-Rex loader 4.6 on its way, can that AU on D+ or will i still be bloody manually putting in keys every day :P

zad
19-10-2007, 02:49 PM
dont know about g but 4 and 5 should be nds if its 28.2 that your pointing at

Pajao
22-04-2010, 02:28 PM
How do you update or upload new settings to a new Hd Humax? I tried to do this last night but still stays on the language menu screen. Can any one help?

maud
22-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Why have you got multi posts on this subject Pajao.:smash:

Pajao
22-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm stresssed by it all that why. Any help from anywhere will do me.

tinto de verano
22-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi Pajao,

I can understand that. But the more threads you have (three by now), the more likely you are not to get an answer. I think.

Also bear in mind that, in general, formum admins do not like dual posting...

I would concentrate on just one post, maybe the one were maud and myself are already trying to help you:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128628

Otherwise, with "multiposting" either you or the people trying to answer will get lost.

Just a thought.

Let's go back to

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128628

And we will see what we can do.

tinto de verano