PDA

View Full Version : England v Russia ?

nml
16-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Is it on anywhere apart from Supersport 1?

Thanks nml

applematt
16-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Eurosport Germany 19e

Aldo
16-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi M8

Direct 8 @ 11538 V 22000 5/6 On Astra 1 ( FTA )
Direct 8 @ 12539 H 27500 3/4 On Hotbird ( FTA )
Eurosport International @ 11420 V 27500 3/4 On Hotbird
Eurosport France @ 10911 V 27500 3/4 On Hotbird

xanadu
17-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Eurosport
Armenia TV
Alfa TV
Eurosport Deutschland
Eurosport France
Digit ALB
Aljazeera Sport +1
TV2 Zebra
Direct 8

j@mes
17-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Many Thanks .

scrapman
17-10-2007, 01:45 PM
eurosport 0.8west digi tv

j@mes
17-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes scrapman English soundtrack on this one

lennono
17-10-2007, 02:58 PM
eurosport france website saying they`re showing portugal game and if so,it overlaps with england game.direct8 for me cus can`t get eurosport int on 13 thru` dragon.

brain
17-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Why all these channels for some dodgy England game - Roll an saturday and the rugby- real sport!!!!LOL - cheers Brain

gentlmen
17-10-2007, 03:48 PM
eurosport 0.8west digi tv

What is the Frequencies for that channel please scrapman...

Thanks...
Gen....

^^COMPASS^^
17-10-2007, 03:52 PM
What is the Frequencies for that channel please scrapman...

Thanks...
Gen....
eurosport on 0.8 west
h
:cool:

gentlmen
17-10-2007, 03:55 PM
eurosport on 0.8 west
h
:cool:

Thanks compass.....

Gen....

ManikM
17-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Why all these channels for some dodgy England game - Roll an saturday and the rugby- real sport!!!!LOL - cheers Brain

Haha!
Come on England!
:D

applematt
17-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Great game - just put £1,000,000 on rooney to score 1st goal :D

REally end to end stuff ...Its a Plastic Pitch ? Also keep losting signal here

echelon
17-10-2007, 04:29 PM
gerald or gerrard , still lost as it was rooney :)

applematt
17-10-2007, 04:31 PM
gerald or gerrard , still lost as it was rooney :)

I dont bet, its a mug's game! Great test for England today -- rooney is awesome

paulus
17-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Any of them carrying English commentary?

brain
17-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Digi tv Eurosport 0.8w - watching it now. Cheers - Brain

echelon
17-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Any of them carrying English commentary?

mentioned in posts 6 and 7 :)

applematt
17-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Robinson is just Amazing :D What a muppet , even under 11's are trained not to punch the ball onto the on coming striker -

raul
17-10-2007, 05:32 PM
whats up with the messy bunker play by england ?
the ball was doomed to bounce russian way sooner or later .

xanadu
17-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Rugby? :eek:

That's a pansies game isn't it? :D :D :p

applematt
17-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Rugby? :eek:

That's a pansies game isn't it? :D :D :p

Yep -- Game for Estate Agents!

Wednesday 21 November
European Championship Qualifying
Group E
Andorra v Russia 19:45
England v Croatia 20:00

Croatia 2 England 0

Steve McClaren's tactical gamble backfired in spectacular fashion as England were beaten by Croatia in Zagreb.

England looked uneasy in their new 3-5-2 formation - but the goal which killed their hopes had nothing to do with tactics.

It was an own goal from Gary Neville, 22 minutes from time, a back-pass which hit a bobble on the pitch and fooled Paul Robinson.

The England goalkeeper attempted a clearance but the ball jumped over his foot and into the net, and gave Slaven Bilic's team a two-goal advantage they never looked likely to lose.

Croatia's proud record of never losing a qualifying game at home did not come under threat from the Three Lions.

Neville's own goal was comical but England fans were not laughing after their team emerged with just one point to show from their latest two qualifiers.

Eduardo da Silva had headed Croatia's first goal after 61 minutes and the home team were well worth their lead.

They had dominated the game from the start and England had Robinson to thank for taking them into the half-time break on level terms.

rasp
17-10-2007, 06:13 PM
England's hopes of reaching Euro 2008 hang by a thread after Russia came from behind to win in Moscow.

Steve McClaren's side looked on course to qualify courtesy of Wayne Rooney's spectacular 29th-minute volley.

Steven Gerrard missed a glorious chance before Roman Pavluchenko scored from the spot after 69 minutes following Rooney's foul on Konstanin Zurianov.

He struck again from close range four minutes later - now Russia will qualify if they beat Israel and Andorra.

It capped a dramatic turnaround on the Luznikhi Stadium's artificial pitch after England had looked in no trouble until Russia coach Guus Hiddink introduced Pavluchenko in the second half.

England as expected, were without captain John Terry after he suffered a recurrence of his knee injury in training and Sol Campbell came in as replacement.

McClaren will have been peturbed to see the synthetic surface being heavily watered before kick-off, a move clearly designed to make conditions more favourable for Hiddink's side.

Russia had plenty of possession in the early exchanges but England's revamped defence, with Everton's Joleon Lescott in for injured Ashley Cole, protected keeper Paul Robinson.

England suffered an anxious moment after 11 minutes when Aleksandr Kerzhakov tumbled under a challenge from Joe Cole but Spanish referee Luis Medina Cantalejo rightly ignored their penalty claims.

Robinson was called into action when he turned a low drive from Zurianov on to an upright in the 25th minute - and four minutes later England were ahead.

Michael Owen met Micah Richards' punt forward with a prodigious leap, and Rooney was lurking to chest down and lash a brilliant volley high past Russia keeper Vladimir Gabulov.

England survived in comfort until half-time, and should have doubled their advantage four minutes after the interval.

Gareth Barry's free-kick found captain Gerrard totally unmarked at the far post, but he steered a tame finish wide with the goal at his mercy.

And Richards just failed to apply the finishing touch to a Rooney flick as England tried to seal the three points.

Russia took advantage of England's generosity in front of goal to turn the game on its head in the space of four minutes.

Rooney was the villain after 69 minutes, hauling down Zurianov to concede a penalty, even though the initial offence took place outside the area.

Substitute Pavluchenko slammed home the penalty and struck again after 73 minutes, pouncing to score from close range after Robinson parried Alexei Berezutsky's shot.

The dramatic turn in fortunes forced McClaren into a triple substitution, sending on Peter Crouch, Frank Lampard and Stewart Downing for Lescott, Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

But it was Russia who almost added a third when a rebound off Rio Ferdinand bounced inches wide with Robinson beaten.

England threw everything forward in the closing stages, but Russia held out.

rasp

scrapman
17-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Why all these channels for some dodgy England game - Roll an saturday and the rugby- real sport!!!!LOL - cheers Brainha ha
at least our ball is round m8,yours is fookin oval:D,cheers scrappy

bonovox
17-10-2007, 09:00 PM
England are out. I know Israel held the Russians in Moscow but I can't see Russia letting this big chance slip. If Russia beat Israel its game over and out for England and there first failure to qualify for a major tournament since the dark, dark days of Graham "do I not like orange" Taylors failed bid to qualify for the World Cup 1994. Paul Robinson is a fuc#ing awful goalkeeper and with this and England failing to beat Macedonia at home has cost them qualification. Oh well at least The Jocks lost as well!:D

adamxcapell
18-10-2007, 12:19 AM
England are out. I know Israel held the Russians in Moscow but I can't see Russia letting this big chance slip. If Russia beat Israel its game over and out for England and there first failure to qualify for a major tournament since the dark, dark days of Graham "do I not like orange" Taylors failed bid to qualify for the World Cup 1994. Paul Robinson is a fuc#ing awful goalkeeper and with this and England failing to beat Macedonia at home has cost them qualification. Oh well at least The Jocks lost as well!:D

dead correct bono me ol son. i couldnt agree with you more.
now is the fa"s chance to see their error of their ways in ****e backroom and international management and lose the prima donas and yes men and co-ordinate a true lion both in coach and player!
felt sorry for the irish lads as well but yet again i have to say poor ivory tower preachin.
we have 2and a half yrs to re-group and re-structure a fine athletic wanton hungry young group of individual football minded lads who can grow to follow our 66 heroes. and perhaps like every other true european nation not stand a bloody good chance but actually have the balls to get out there an reach the final? im fed up o bein disappointed wi bein beat by so called nobodys?
big up for the brave hearts at the weekend at least the egg chasers give us some hope and summat to make the nation proud!
god bless you fellas, all the very best too, regards, adamx.

bonovox
18-10-2007, 12:48 AM
The funny thing is, as long as Russia don't fuc' up this golden opportunity (then again they might cos they aint that good) they still have no chance of making an impact at the Finals. The last Russian team to do any good at a major finals was the team that got to the 1988 euro champs final and then they were the USSR. Once England are out then McClaren will be sacked and then the idiots at the FA will be looking for a new coach. Who will it be I wonder? Maybe Mourinho wants the job?:rolleyes:

scrappydoo
18-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Paul Robinson is a fuc#ing awful goalkeeper and with this and England failing to beat Macedonia at home has cost them qualification. Oh well at least The Jocks lost as well!:D

According to some he's a fine keeper and would be even better if people just got off his back!

Me?

I agree with you. Fed up of his errors for club and country. Mclaren seems to think that keeping him in goal is a sign on strength, it isnt. I would go further, i hope russia win both games, get that mclaren ****e out!

grumpyy
18-10-2007, 01:49 AM
I think robinson is an excellent goalie :D

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=478781&postcount=6

Hopefully a nice quiet hype free euro 2008 sans england coming up :)

applematt
18-10-2007, 02:47 AM
I cant see England not being able to qualify, but all this mess is still down to Sven's era. Things could have been worse if someone like Big sam aladice was on board :D
Maybe the FA should use a Computer Simulated Manager use DNA from the great's of all time and combine them to be a super manger, SO your see a computer sitting on the touch line maybe link to a robot, just a idea :D
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/applematt/dead_man_walking.gif
Roman Abramovich, the owner of last year's Premiership chumpions Chelsea, has reacted angrily to allegations that he offered a substantial cash bonus to the Russian national football team players ahead of the Euro 2008 qualifier against England.

Abramovich, it has been claimed, offered each Russian £40,000 if they could beat England , but the tycoon has denied this, saying the incentive was "nearer £50,000".

Chelsea, meanwhile, have indicated that filthy-rich Mr Abramovich, who is a "well-known joker", was joking, and that he would never try to influence the outcome of a game of football by "dangling money in front of players' noses like a carrot".

Peter Kenyon, the chief executive at Stamford Bridge, said:

"Comrade Abramovich is a fine upstanding individual who would never use cash to influence, persuade, sway or coax anyone away from a similar job at a club like Manchester United. It's just not ethical."

The Russian is a self-made rich person who made much of his enormous wealth by selling those stupid Russian dolls to tourists in Moscow, and shining shoes in his spare time.

A spokesman for Comrade Abramovich said this afternoon that the billionaire was unavailable for comment being, as he was, at home putting the finishing touches to his new money-printing press.

bonovox
18-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm not sure if McClaren or any other manager would make much difference. Yeah McClaren isn't up to the job but it can't go unnoticed that too many England players don't have basic ball control skill. Even if England qualified would we not hear the same crap during the Finals "its too hot for the English players" and blah. Basically England are never going to win a major Football tournament again unless kids are taught how to control the ball properly. At least the under 21's are doing pretty well!

Marco
18-10-2007, 03:39 AM
The Manager for the Sack

what do you think !!

Bazza1974
18-10-2007, 10:32 AM
England won't qualify now.. Croatia will win in Macedonia and Russia will win in Israel and Andorra. England will win at home against Croatia.
1. Croatia 29
2. Russia 27
3. England 26

End of!

raul
18-10-2007, 11:02 AM
even if croatia was to drop all points in macedonia , england needs to beat croatia
by three goals in the last game .

if israel takes a point to russia , england win against croatia will do .
if israel wins , a draw will do .
russia dropping points against andorra is very unlikely , as is england qualification at
expense of croatia .
as it seems israel is your only hope , still then top form croatia at wembley won't be an easy task .

bonovox
18-10-2007, 02:51 PM
even if croatia was to drop all points in macedonia , england needs to beat croatia
by three goals in the last game .

Not entirely right. If England beat Croatia 2-0 then they will qualify as they will have a better goal difference. I think it first goes on matches between the 2 teams and then on goal difference. So if England matched the 2-0 scoreline and then they would have a better goal diff with Croatia losing in Macedonia. But its all academic anyway cos I can't see Croatia getting beat by Macedonia and I can't see Russia dropping any points either. England fuc#ed up by not beating Macedonia at home. If you can't beat sh#t like Macedonia at home then u don't deserve to be in the finals. I have mixed feelings about England not qualifying. It obviously adds extra interest to the tournament if England are there BUT I h8 all the hype and bollox that goes with England in a major tournament cos lets face it they wouldn't win the tournament anyway. Although no one gave Greece a chance in hell last time!:rolleyes:

raul
18-10-2007, 03:03 PM
did you see greece beating turkey away from home last night .
man they are the real deal and could go all the way in this final as well .

you are right , england needs a 2 - 0 victory or a three goal difference if croatia scores one , if croatia fails to collect a point in macedonia .
as for israel it remains to see how focused they will be against russia , normaly they would have a great chance of at least a draw at home , but with nothing to play for there is a risk they play their b team and end up losing 0 - 5 .

abuelo
18-10-2007, 08:35 PM
The Manager for the Sack

what do you think !!

He and Terry Venables should have gone within weeks of being appointed when he made clear he would not pick Beckham at any cost (even though Beckham had been instrumental in nearly every goal that had been scored for years). And what happened months later? He became completely desperate or he was heavily leaned on; as soon as Beckham came back, England's performances and results improved. However, to go back to the Russia match, I thought the Russians played better football than we did. Several of our players were off-form; Gerrard, Wright-Phillips, Cole, Owen, Robinson, Ferdinand and Lescott played below their best, only Rooney and Barry played well. I expected Wright-Phillips (who had contributed nothing in the first 45 minutes) to be substituted at half-time but it didn't happen and this indicates McLaren's inability to read a game as much as anything else that happened (or didn't happen). Let's hope that the next manager will be more successful at picking players on form and blending them into a team worthy of representing their country.:mad:

applematt
18-10-2007, 09:22 PM
@ abuelo -> Have you ever seen England play live ? I was a club member and went to quite a few games untill we all became sick to death of the same old rubbish. Beckham should not have been allowed to play, he is proper ****e in a england shirt. His game for his country is over and should have been over years ago, thats the voice of the guy's who pay to see good football and travel around the world to see there team and country play. The boo's that Lamp-Post (Lampard) gets is from the real fan's who have seen many a dire performance from him and dont beleive he should be in the team.
I dunno know where Lennon was, I really rated him in the world cup along with hardgreaves both were missing. Playing Sol Cambell is beyond a joke in this type of game, the guy has too many issues!
I agree 100% that they should have been sacked many months ago! If he cant read the game how can he pick what players should be playing :D

scrappydoo
18-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Lets face it this group was one of the easiest. Its not like scotlands group wth three WC 1/4 finalists, we had teams that we're supposed to wipe the floor with!

Like one guy said though, at least it'll be a hype-free summer of 2008.

Lachmann
18-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Euro is in my country next year and I`m disappointed that england team will not qualify :confused:

Fact is that Russia will win in israel because they feed them with some money so it will be a fixed game...

bonovox
18-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Lets face it this group was one of the easiest. Its not like scotlands group wth three WC 1/4 finalists, we had teams that we're supposed to wipe the floor with!

Like one guy said though, at least it'll be a hype-free summer of 2008.

Scotlands group is a breeze and i can't believe how they are making such hard work of it! I mean 2-0 to Georgia whats that all about! France and Italy will still go through from this group even though the Jocks beat France twice. The quality teams were all in Englands group. I mean Croatia and Russia are definetly teams that are going all the way.....aren't they!:D

bonovox
18-10-2007, 10:26 PM
did you see greece beating turkey away from home last night .
man they are the real deal and could go all the way in this final as well .

you are right , england needs a 2 - 0 victory or a three goal difference if croatia scores one , if croatia fails to collect a point in macedonia .
as for israel it remains to see how focused they will be against russia , normaly they would have a great chance of at least a draw at home , but with nothing to play for there is a risk they play their b team and end up losing 0 - 5 .

Nah can't see greece winning the Euros again, Germany this time. They have ****ed through qualifying and look like they are going to throw their remaining games so they don't get top seeded, they gave the Czechs the points the other night for that reason. As for motivation for the Israel team, yeah they have nothing to play for BUT did Georgia have anything to play for when they beat Scotland the other night? It will be interesting cos the Russians have a terrible away record where ever they go.

BB Mac
19-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by bonovox
'Scotlands group is a breeze'

LOL yeah right what you been drinking?
mind you we are above the 'World cup
champions' in the group so you could
say it is a breeze in a sense so far lol

i agree though Bono man we wont make it
but in football u never know at least
we have a so called cup final as to say:D

roll on 17th nov win or lose we still party hard:D

scrappydoo
21-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Think bono was jokin' ;)

BTW even if Russia only draw with israel, whos to say that england will beat croatia!

grumpyy
21-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Hiddink

At half time we were still confident because we had already shown in the first half that when you put England under a lot of pressure they drop back, a bit like a handball team to their own area.

“We noticed they were panicking and could not get over the ball, could not control, and you felt that at any moment the game could change.

“I was very happy to see how England set up their defence with (Joleon) Lescott on the left of three central defenders because we had two mobile strikers and forced Joe Cole to play left full back so we could often get two against one on that side.

“I think most of the time you have to look at your own team and see where you can improve in certain situations. It was a must-win game for us and we also had to take some risks. That’s why we brought on some more attackers in the second half.”

Hiddink admitted that the foul by Rooney which produced Russia’s equalising penalty occurred “a few centimetres” outside the area but insisted: “Let’s be honest we scored a very legal goal which would have made it 1-1 at Wembley but it was not allowed. I think the balance is even.”

And on the controversial plastic pitch he explained: “Our other pitch was just a mud pitch and we could not play on it but, of course, I am in favour of natural grass as well.”

Hiddink refused to take it for granted that Russia are virtually through to the finals. He said: “We still have to win in Israel and if you look at their results they have the ability to surprise.

“So we are not specific favourites but having put England down in Moscow we are very determined to take this second step.”

bonovox
21-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah I was joking about Scotlands group being a breeze but I can't see them beating Italy. I think they threw the chance away this week losing to Georgia. Hiddinks comments are interesting, especially the bit about England couldn't control the ball.....errr nothing new there then. I have been reading Venables opinion that England have made good progress under McClaren and sacking him would throw all that good work away. England have made absolutely no progress since the last World Cup and I honestly believe had Ericksson been in charge England would have qualified already. Thats not to say he's the right man for the job as he failed to deliver in all the Finals tournaments he qualified for but he never once failed to get us there! McClaren has as much idea as Graham Taylor back in 1993, another guy that should NEVER been made England manager....but even he got us qualified for the 1992 Euro Champs. McClarens not even gonna achieve that!

grumpyy
25-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Ball control

A journalist's observation after witnessing England and Arsenal train recently

Wenger invited the media to watch his squad train on Monday and they are a joy to observe. They play with such pace, pass with so much precision — so superior to the England internationals who borrow their training ground during the build-up to internationals at Wembley.