PDA

View Full Version : maxeditor

melling
21-10-2007, 09:02 PM
has anyone got the channel editor to work? im very confused about the script.ini file, how do i put it in the the maxeditor? why is the thread closed? so many questions apologies in advance

Siegfried
22-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Just put the script.ini file in the same folder as the editor exe file and it will work.

melling
23-10-2007, 08:19 PM
sorry to bother you siegfried but im struggling here. firstly i un rared the file and it extracts to a file, inside the file is maxeditor.exe (red icon) script.ini (configeration settings icon) and a read me text do***ent. i have drag n dropped the script ini icon onto the max editor icon and it opens up, i then check ive connected to the correct serial port then click press then upload stb - pc at the same time as turning the echolink on. a tab comes on that says test serial port status after a second or two this says finished then a download strip comes on with 0% but then it returns to the origonal max editor screen meanwhile on the echolink front it says up9 with the signal light flashing. ive left it for 10mjns or so but nothing happens, any help buddy its a pain in the but re setting all the channels after a firmware change as you are probly aware, thanks melling

Siegfried
24-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I made a folder called Echolink using Windows Explorer and unpacked the files into it. Don't drag and drop anything - the exe file may have become corrupted. Then with the STB in standby start the editor and set up the com port, start the stb to pc download and switch on the STB from the front panel button not the remote. Sometimes it doesn't work first time so repeat.

I have attached a Channel list if you wan't to try that - load into the editor from the File menu.

Anrakh
24-10-2007, 12:39 AM
@melling, there are quite a lot of users for whom the MaxEditor will not work. Depending on your computer configuration, you may get it working or you may never get it to work.
MaxEditor seems to work best on older and slower computers, but has been successfully used on the most modern machines also.
I myself have had a successful stb-pc transfer only once in a long sequence of attempts.

melling
24-10-2007, 10:23 AM
thanks chaps couldnt get it to work "the proper way" downloaded siegfrieds channel list and got it to work, thanks very much. im only pointing at astra but noticed theres only 310 tv channels on your list siegfried i take it you edited out the ones you dont want, thanks once again chaps

mark1
14-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi all.I have had a EL-3020ir for a couple of months now so still new to the sat scene and just gettin my feet.I managed to to put up a motorised dish at weekend and wanted to edit the channel list.I have been using the MAXEDITOR program but ia m having problems.I did manage to download my own list from reciever to pc and save das BIN file but when looked in folder it was showing it downloaded but not as a readeable file.Also tryed to up load the channel list that has been posted,it went thru all the motions but when switch stb off then back on was still showing my settings.Is it something i am missing?? Any help please..Thanks in advance

Siegfried
15-12-2007, 12:10 AM
@mark1

What do you mean by not a readable file? It can only be viewed in the MaxEditor program.

Anrakh
15-12-2007, 12:11 AM
One thing you may want to try is to run it in Wndows 98 compatibility mode. Use the file properties dialog to change it. You may have some luck that way.

mark1
15-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for getting back Siegfried.Yes when i downloaded my settings and did a "save as" i set it to be a BIN file but when i went into the folder it is shown as a white box with the screen type symbels in(i think this means the computer does not know what type of file it is) and it will not open with maxeditor.It is shown as 2meg so think it has downloaded and saved something!Apart from Maxeditor and Alieditor is there anyother programs that can do this job?

mark1
15-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi Anrakh thanks for the reply.At work at mo and just been shown how to run program in that mode,will give it a go over the weekend.Thanks again

tomdeg
19-07-2008, 07:10 PM
H
Can You Give Me The Link Where To Down Load Maxeditor ?
Thanks Td

Siegfried
19-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Check the "Tools and Editors" sub-forum at the top of the page.