PDA

View Full Version : can t load sd card

leesouthnufc
24-10-2007, 08:27 PM
hi.... . i have just tried using ur image oo9 beta 2 and download these images through ddc293.. when finished i download the ur panel and the mcamd etc ... but it never works or opens anything .. i have been using julliet 006 in the past. but gave this a try ... i am also trying transfer images on to usb loader for sd card through ddc but it also never works . their is also no var etc on ur images in ddc ... very stuck now .. can someone please shine a bit light on this prob .. i am using wireless router with ethernet ... many thanks .

zad
24-10-2007, 09:07 PM
to use a memory card for an image you have to install iboot on the flash first and have the card formatted correctly, its also a good idea to use an original image on the flash and all the update images on the memory card
its a good idea to have a fair size swap file on the card as well so a 1gb card would be the best to use for a few images.

it sounds like you just had a bad flash and thats why its not working, im upto using ur 10 now and fingers crossed everything seems to work fine.

echelon
24-10-2007, 09:08 PM
if you are loading the flash then use tcc6 , and afterwards sort out your ip address and password as well

if you are loading the sd card you should use iboot or technomate manger using its iboot script , then sort out the password and the ip address too

dcc is used to ftp keys and cams etc into an image , or use an ftp program instead

the only sd card loader I know that works is the image 005 one , 005 mmc

personally , I use official tm 009 in the flash using ethernet loading from tcc6 and ur009b2 on an sd card using iboot

Gone_Fishing
24-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't forget you must do a factory reset if you install a new image in the flash, all images have var/etc so something went wrong :eek:

I've got original009 in flash and UR010B2, Juliet009 and DS.3.3 on SD mostly use UR010B2

Anyone else fed up waiting for original 010 :rolleyes:

TNT

zad
25-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Anyone else fed up waiting for original 010 :rolleyes:

TNT

yeah it is thaking a while aint it:eek:

leesouthnufc
25-10-2007, 07:22 AM
firstly many thanks for reply guys.. i will give a go .. state of play i am at is .. i installed ur 006 through tcc 5 then factory reset then ur 9 beta 2 through tcc 6 ...and do i factory reset again ... i think i did .. please forgive me if this makes no sense lol ... its just i would like to store images s on sd card.. and mess a bout a bit to get stable.. cheers .. i think i have been trying to flash using ddc , which is wrong ok it has to be done through tcc... ps is ur differnt to julliet when loading emus keys into the var etc... are the ur beta versions already have emus and keys ready to unpack many thanks for help guys lee

zad
25-10-2007, 09:21 AM
yes you need to use tcc to load images, dcc will not work. (also rememeber to change password after every new image, ur images dont have passwords so you will have to change it under tcc as well)

your best off puting an origninal image on the flash then installing iboot then put beta images on the memory card

the ur images are simple to use as far as the keys and emus go as they have a dedicated download screen for these that can also be updated when new emus come out, i have also found that the latest ur images are the most stable however others may disagree with this as its all down to your setup and prefferances.

leesouthnufc
25-10-2007, 04:40 PM
zad thanks for help really aprieated i have got some idea know .. what star..cheers echelon tnt m8s

leesouthnufc
25-10-2007, 06:02 PM
one last question guys the flash no probs easy .. its the i boot to pass info on to sd card i can t do unfortunately .. i have tried to download the tm manager and the missing file on a...t but both files are just coming uo errors.. can i boot be done on tcc 6 and if so wheirs the setting( i dont think i can ) . ... sorry to be pain .. cheers lee

zad
25-10-2007, 06:11 PM
no cant do iboot through tcc (this software can only write to the flash) you will have to use the software specificaly designed for iboot

this software can also format the sd/mmc card (you do this in the box) and set up the swap file as well.

if you have any problems with the software let me know and i will post it up in the help section for you

echelon
25-10-2007, 06:15 PM
tcc6 is used for the flash only , or to change the password in any image in a flash or in an iboot image on any mmc card, but it is not used for iboot image installation , iboot is used for those iboot images , which is why the name iboot images is used ;)

iboot is used for sd card images ( mmc images including sd cards ) , or you can use the tm manager program to do this as an alternative to iboot

Gone_Fishing
25-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm confused have you downloaded iboot and installed it on your PC ?

TNT

leesouthnufc
25-10-2007, 06:44 PM
i haven t m8 ... i have tried to download the tm manager ( just keeps coming up error)but to no prevail which i think has the i boot function i would of thought ... please correct me if i am wrong ... i am not that pc literate lol ...

echelon
25-10-2007, 06:47 PM
stick with iboot which is the correct tool for the job

tm manager requires certain other installations on your pc from what I remember

leesouthnufc
25-10-2007, 07:22 PM
i now have i boot program version 2 i have format sd card ( i think ) and connected to telnet ... can i i boot image to sd card ( in the tm )now ... many thanks again

echelon
25-10-2007, 07:47 PM
follow the iboot pdf tutorial

install all the images you want onto the sd card first

also copy the extra_run file over as instructed into the flash and chmod it to 755 too

boot each image and setup the comms and passwords so they all use the same ones

now you can scan sats , copy over your saved channel list with dreamboxedit or dreamset

test each image in turn

my recommendations are

use tm 009 in your flash with the added extra_run file in var/bin

try ur009b2 and ur010b2 and dsteam v3.3 on the sd card as iboot images

leesouthnufc
25-10-2007, 08:25 PM
thanks sir mint thanks ...

leesouthnufc
31-10-2007, 09:51 PM
i think me box is definatley knackered .... i have formated sd card and installed i boot on box and firmware ok . done the swap mfile bit . tried to save images beta ones on card but it never apears in the drop box ( only flash)..i thought i had it sorted but i think it should of worked lads ... i have tried julliet images and ur orignal images ...and then trying to update to the beta ones ... doing me head in ... sort of stuck know.. is a dreambox any easyier thanks lee:):confused::

echelon
31-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I hope you copied the extra_run file to var/bin of the flash image , and changed its attributes to 755 ?

if you didnt then the images on the card wont be loaded into the boot menu

it is mentioned in the pdf tutorial that comes with iboot , and you were told all this in post #16 ( twice )

leesouthnufc
31-10-2007, 10:28 PM
soz echelon ... i have been back and forward m8 ... i will do thanks ... funny enough i haven t :redface: cheers i would nt care i used to ch mod to 755 when i used the dcc ... once again thanks....:)

echelon
31-10-2007, 10:31 PM
its not a faulty box m8 , its human error

in this game you have to follow ALL of the instructions , ALL of the time !!

you cannot just pick and choose which to do and which to skip , its all or nothing m8

hopefully the extra_run file will allow all the images on the card to be loaded in turn , so go back and read all the info again , and follow it all , and you should get there