PDA

View Full Version : Using the multiboot menu to load dreambox images ?

nml
29-10-2007, 08:19 AM
One of the other sat boxes i have is a relook 400s.

I have just been on the support website and discovered that a number of dreambox images are now available for it including Gemini 4.1 & PLI team.Very good news.
The way that it's done is it has a multiboot menu similar to 9100 (Ie switch on holding up button) the difference is on the 9100 you have the options to boot from flash,memory card or hdd.
On the Relook 400s you have the option to boot in to a mode for various boxes example Dreambox 7020,7000,500 and Itgate and a few others.

So if for example you have flashed Gemini 4.1 you simply choose one of the dreambox modes, 7000 recommended.

It's very interesting stuff i wonder if any of experts on here could have a look and see if something similar could be done on 9100.

Regards nml

mytoza
04-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Don't do it unless you like to jtag your box.
If you do a search on this on the other forum we both attend you will see that whilst both boxes use enigma 1 they implement it in different ways.
The images would have to be at least recompiled I would imagine for use on the tm9100.

nml
12-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Apparently the hardware of these two boxes is similar, and according to information on another forum it may possibly be developed for 9100.

nml