PDA

View Full Version : TomTom Service

brain
31-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi Guys
Just thought I would post this re tom tom service . I bought my second,having had the first one stolen, at heathrow last August. It had an intermittent problem of not switching on and twice on returning it to Dixons they just told me I wasnt charging it properly and would not send it back. After 14 months it packed in and i thought with the one year warranty I may as well buy another. This I did at Halfords who, in giving me my receipt clearly stating that it had a 12month warranty,they then said it was in fact 24 months AS IS LAW THROUGHOUT EUROPE except here of course!!! So onto the TomTom website and I tried phoning the UK no 5 times - each time being told by recorded voice that the number was not recognised. Not giving up I phoned the Holland no last weds afternoon. An operative,in faultless english,was aghast at the problems with the english no and said she would immediately look into it.To solve my problem all details were taken,2 emails in 5' and by friday morniing box,packing and special deliv prepaid all with me. Posted fri PM amd email received tues 10-45 repair in hand - by 14-45 unit in transit and on its way and delivered this morning!! Why cant we in England deal with this?? the service area is in Scotland and all is fine. Well done Holland and TomTom - F*** off england and your sloppy service - Just thought others might like this info - Cheers - Brain

xanadu
01-11-2007, 12:50 AM
TomTom and customer service :mad:

TomTom have been hopeless in resolving my 720 problems. :mad:

Each problem has taken at least 2 weeks to resolve via their online support, and I still have an outstanding issue after 2 weeks now!

Fed up with their automated cut and paste replies without reading my questions and problem. :mad:

brain
01-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Xanadu - go online and get the dutch number and try phoning them direct - brilliant english and very concerned over english chaos- Ive never been able to get an answer on the english line - why doesnt that surprise me!!! Good luck - Brain