PDA

View Full Version : Ground Stand For 1.2M Dish?

chrispy
31-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Can anyone suggest where I can buy a ground stand for my 1.2M dish in the UK? I need to lower it (off the wall) as it's very windy where I live and it keeps blowing the dish out of alignment and costing me a bloody fortune for someone to keep coming to re-align it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

sleepy
31-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I've got my Triax 1.1m clamped to a scaffolding pole set in concrete, never had any problems with it.;)

nml
01-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I have scaffolding pole too cheaper and no problem.

nml

eme
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
i have have my ground mount that i made 3 years ago working well. it is a scaffolding pole with 3 times 2 inch angle iron welded to the pole with bars from the legs to the pole to make the legs ridged. then mount the legs using a bolt trough the concrete flags with nuts on so the legs adjust individually. the 3 flags are set in concrete so no problems. and it’s cost about 7 pounds for the legs and struts and nothing for the pole and a cheap welder 50 pounds, but if u have an m8 there u go. ;):)

chrispy
02-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks chaps. I'd have rathered buy a proper mount but maybe this is the way to go :) There's a few peeps locally I could go to to get summat made, i'm just a bit aprehensive about getting the main pole perfectly level to track the arc correctly. I'm bloody hopeless at things like that :(

tr8.
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
What dish?
If its a channel master i use old traffic light poles got free from council depot, bury 5'-6' in the ground with concrete. Ensure perfectly upright then when set just slip the mount on top and bolt up

All easy have a 1.2 and 1.8 mounted this way, went through the gales of 87 no probs

tr8

mf135
02-11-2007, 09:17 PM
hi chrispy i have a ground mount 3inch pole fixing for channel mount, if you live in the north east you can call in and have it

chrispy
03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
hi chrispy i have a ground mount 3inch pole fixing for channel mount, if you live in the north east you can call in and have it

Thanks very much for your very kind offer but i'm way down south in Wales :( Very kind of you to offer, much appreciated. Thanks to everyone for the advice.