PDA

View Full Version : anyone running a 6900 then?

Fil
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
was looking at getting a freeview hdd dvd recorder , these are about 200 - 300

but seems like this will do it plus a lot more (HD)!

got a few Qs?

1 , is it just a case of buying an externall say 500gb hdd for a pc, and just conecting that straight to it and tucking it out of site?

2 , it can record from satellite and freeview to the hdd, but can i plug an external source into it? for example a cable stb or vcr?

3 , is it patchable in the same way as my tm1500ci? will get me the same stuff?

4, is it user friendly and well designed?

5, will it run a 36v moor with a v-box?

6, lastly can you recommend it then?

cheers

satpaul
02-11-2007, 02:00 PM
works perfect with Freecom 500GB Hard drive
will work with a V Box

Fil
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
wheres the hdd plug in, hopefully not at the front usb port with the flap down!

kompkid
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
yes it is patchable, it is well easy to use and setup, and the only usb port is under the flap on the front,but the picture is outstanding using a hdmi lead both on the sat tuner and the upgraded picture on freeview.i am even going to buy a second box when money is not so short.

pchezuk
03-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I bought the 6800,same as 6900 but no freeview,
very user friendly,i've got mine patched,using the same loader and software as the 1000s,which you can program with either a null modem lead or a usb pen,there's plenty connections and quick channel changing and good picture and sound.

Fil
03-11-2007, 01:39 PM
im going to hold out a bit, as i think the price will / should drop soon, then ill ge my hands on one, seems like the 1st job is to open it up and mod the usb to the rear!

eme
03-11-2007, 02:28 PM
i would not mind one but for the halfwit that put the usb harddrive output under the flap, bloody thickko. :D oh got a humax 2000 for now. do not like the menus though. cant win.

mf135
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
i had mine delivered on wednesday it seems very inpresive, picture quality mint very happy

Fil
03-11-2007, 05:12 PM
right im now lead to belive this is a clone, or this ones the clone, "Clarke-Tech HD-5000 combo"

the clarke one can be had for less cash!

so if they are the same can they run the same firmware and software?

Bass
03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
i think hardware is the same but runs on different manufactured firmware, though they use the same softcam(like the tm1500)

bigglesk
09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I have the TM6900 and a 500gb HDD this connects via a USB from the HDD to the TM6900. Just to mention that when recording one can't change the chan. As far as I can tell, you can't connect any other equipment such as a VCR and record onto the HDD. One can, however play the HDD and transfer the film to a VCR or a DVD recorder.
You get all that you can get with the TM1500ci + the HD chans. It is user friendly and well supported. I don't know if you can run a 36v motor with a V box.

I think that it is a very good buy but don't like the front connection of the USB.

Get one. It's brill............. bigglesk

will
28-11-2007, 11:50 AM
works fine with v box good reciver i here that later units will have usb on back as well

crumblydog
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
When I queried the front USB connector with Technomate they replied that it would not void the guarantee to move it to the back.I assume they mean making a proffesional job of it and not a botch!.

halfax
26-12-2007, 02:48 PM
does it have btwin tuners? ie an u watch hotbird and astra

echelon
26-12-2007, 02:53 PM
does it have btwin tuners? ie an u watch hotbird and astra

no

DARKMAN
27-12-2007, 02:24 AM
right im now lead to belive this is a clone, or this ones the clone, "Clarke-Tech HD-5000 combo"

the clarke one can be had for less cash!

so if they are the same can they run the same firmware and software?

TM sis not a clone of CT mate,They produse fron same factory in Korea ,thats dont mean thye are clone!!!!

You are totally Rong...

TM has good support and is very good Receiver.

xoted
02-01-2008, 11:10 PM
i dont know if i am asking the right person but "goldwafers" suggested I ask on here so here goes.
At the moment I have old echostar 3000Adip receiver with a motorised dish,adjusted(positioned) by remote through the receiver.Goldwafers has suggested Technomate 6900.
He also says the dish positions would have to be professionally set up.Would they be different positions to the ones I already have with my present system???
I am looking just to replace my receiver with one which will tune in for "freeview" when the switch over happens but it seems as if its going to be a complicated idea???
Any help would be appreciated.
regards
xoted

bigglesk
04-01-2008, 01:52 PM
The TM6900 can control the dish via the remote control. The dish positions are exactly the same regardles of which rxr you use. Just the method of set-up is different. With regards to"free View", it depends on your location. Free View dose not arrive via your dish but by a broad band aerial on your roof or house. In most cases, Free View will not work with the old analogue aerial, you will see this in the "Small Print" where Free View is advertised. You can check if your post code will probably work by searching on the internet.