PDA

View Full Version : Help with my 5400

badge
04-11-2007, 04:35 AM
I lost sound on all channels on my dear old Hummy 5400..
Went into menu -system settings - a\v output . and handset highly polished through use slippd out of my hand on the floor. When I picked it up I must have pressed a key and the screen went blank. Now I cannot get a thing since the menu is not displayed and can't remember how I got to where I was.
This happened to me some years ago when I was on Satpimps site and some kind gentlemen ' Echelon, Voith Driver I think 'talked me through the procedure ( Like go to menu - press OK - press down arrow 3 times press OK ) got me working again . How do I get the menu to display and get my self out of the brown smelly stuff ?? Have been in this game since 1988 and started with a Solaro, and watched the first Gulf War with the CNN. Moved up to a Nokia and then my faithfully Hummy. Too old to change now ....
Please give me all the support I need to restore my daily viewing ...Thanks

Regards, badge

grumpyy
04-11-2007, 05:51 AM
reboot hummy to clear previous menu attempts

press menu
4 down
then press o'k [to enter installation]
press o'k [to enter system settings]
3 down
press ok [to enter av output setting]

in that menu reading from the top which you will be on
video output - rgb etc [use left right arrows to navigate]
audio output
dolby
screen mode - 4:3 etc
display - letterbox etc
r/y gain
g/u gain
b/v gain

good job i wrote it down because I accidently pressed a button and altered the video output lol :D

nilic
04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I lost sound on all channels on my dear old Hummy 5400..
Went into menu -system settings - a\v output . and handset highly polished through use slippd out of my hand on the floor. When I picked it up I must have pressed a key and the screen went blank. Now I cannot get a thing since the menu is not displayed and can't remember how I got to where I was.
This happened to me some years ago when I was on Satpimps site and some kind gentlemen ' Echelon, Voith Driver I think 'talked me through the procedure ( Like go to menu - press OK - press down arrow 3 times press OK ) got me working again . How do I get the menu to display and get my self out of the brown smelly stuff ?? Have been in this game since 1988 and started with a Solaro, and watched the first Gulf War with the CNN. Moved up to a Nokia and then my faithfully Hummy. Too old to change now ....
Please give me all the support I need to restore my daily viewing ...Thanks

Regards, badge

The easiest way to recover is this:

Turn your humax off then on and press Blue Button, Down Arrow, ok Twice

;)

badge
05-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Many thanks to Grumpyy, and Nilic got my picture back but still no sound , will have to look around the equipment . Will do a print-out of your replies for future reference, since memory recall is not as good as it used to be - Not the Humax but me ||| Reards

badge.

grumpyy
05-11-2007, 05:39 AM
You have most likely checked the following, but just in case.........

Pal setting
Mute button isn't pressed is it?
unlikely as the mute symbol should appear on the tv screen
Volume on humax is turned up?

Is there no sound both with scart and rf output?
if no sound on rf try setting the uhf to a different value and retune the tv chnnel to it.
scart wiggle the connections or try different lead

or
Reload the original humax firmware and new settings and take it from there.