PDA

View Full Version : new dsteam v3.4 fixed in the firmware section

echelon
06-11-2007, 04:55 PM
new dsteam v3.4 fixed in the firmware section

this seems ok in the flash and uses updated drivers

the only problems I have seen are

widescreen switching doesnt seem to work properly in the flash , but seems ok using iboot ?

very , very , VERY slow bootup , slow to iboot screen and slow boot from there to the main screen

seems ok once its booted and gb*x v2.25 works ok with wotsit card ;)
( thanks to a certain member here who helped me out on that one :) )

onecard
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info, downloading it now.
Will install tomorrow in flash

nml
06-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi Etch in Spain at the moment, to get the widescreen switching in iboot what did you have in flash ? Ds 3.4 or other, reason i ask is they are renewing overhead cables over here and therefre flashing new images can be a little bit dodgy.

Thanks nml.

echelon
06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
still got this in the flash , still got the widescreen switching problem too

some channels are ok , others are in pillar box with black lines on each side

seems to be a common problem with these patches

its not working properly with this in the flash

echelon
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I struggled to remove this from the flash , so in the end I used a null modem cable and serial update at 115,200 with juliet 005

this has left the juliet splash screen but removed dsteam v3.4 , then did a factory reset

then I loaded in ur10b2 using ethernet , and factory reset again

still got the juliet splash screen at startup but now boots to main ur screen , so I amended the advanced comms , the password etc and installed iboot , then replaced the sd card into the ci slot

sd card boots up ok again in iboot , but dsteam v3.4 is giving me random reboots , but my narrow screens problem is fixed so getting widescreens on my lcd tv again

tried ukur10 but cannot save any emus , so back to ur10b2 using iboot for now

its time we got a full flash install from technomate using the latest drivers and then we could test these images on sd card using iboot

nothing on their website as yet , been a year since they changed the tm9100 entries :(

Gone_Fishing
07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
ok forget my last post if you read it I'm stupid :rolleyes:

I meant if you have trouble removing an image you should use noboot as it also contains var, no need to contact technomate either as its already on "al sat" original serial 005

TNT

echelon
07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
ok m8 , will explore both avenues as you never know what they may send me ;) lol

Gone_Fishing
07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
lol

Off my game today :eek:

TNT

onecard
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I have installed the fixed image in flash ( 3 days ago), it appears so far to be working fine. Not had the issues a lot of people are talking about as yet.

The tm9100 is not my main box so I've not tested all the features yet, but have had it on for over a 24 hour period and not rebooted in that time.

regards

echelon
11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I find it hard to believe that you havent got the black pillar box like bars on some channels as this bug is common to many images and is rumoured to be why technomate havent released a new flash yet

have you checked the widescreen 16x9 aspect on all channels ?

or dont you use a tv that this affects ?

and does the mr sticker work properly ?

is it slow to boot ?

I assume you have a tm9100 and not the larger flash of the tm9101 super ?

onecard
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I find it hard to believe that you havent got the black pillar box like bars on some channels as this bug is common to many images and is rumoured to be why technomate havent released a new flash yet

have you checked the widescreen 16x9 aspect on all channels ?

or dont you use a tv that this affects ?

and does the mr sticker work properly ?

is it slow to boot ?

I assume you have a tm9100 and not the larger flash of the tm9101 super ?

Right went away to check specifically

1. Yes there is a problem with Widescreen on some channels
2. Never use mr sticker ( tried it out had all sorts of problems, i will not be using it again)
3. I suppose it is slow to boot but then again so is my dm7025 so I don't take that much notice of it.

but having said that it still for me seems to be the best image on the go at the moment, and for c/s it is pretty stable.

Overall still nowhere near as good as the dreambox's but if technomate got their finger out and realeased a stable base image, the teams would have a better platform to develop from.

regards