PDA

View Full Version : sat nav help

shaz
11-11-2007, 08:58 AM
I want to buy a sat nav for my bf for christmas but unsure on what make or model to buy for the best. I want one that will get him lost when he goes out on his own so he never comes back (only joking :rolleyes: ) I have been looking at halfords and was told navman was the best one to buy but as i wanted one with a safety camera built in he said about the tom tom 910 but as it was the most expensive thought i would ask on here for comments.

Russell1
11-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Tomtoms are the favourite & there are plenty of maps & other extras available for them, but you don't really need anything as good as the 910 (unless you get a very good deal).
Out of al the Tomtom units the One v3 is about the cheapest, but it does not have a slot for a memory card & only has a small internal memory, so you won't be able to add many extras.
Check out here for prices -

http://www.find-tomtom-deals.co.uk/
There are a few One versions - these do not have a bluetooth handsfree facility, if he does not need this option then get a Tomtom One.

adamxcapell
11-11-2007, 01:03 PM
cant go wrong wi a tom-tom. plus theres all you need on ere where speed cameras are concerned. regards, adamx.

shaz
16-11-2007, 12:56 AM
I have looked at the site and the cheapest 910 i could find was on **** but they are all manufacturer refurbished so are these any good.

bob
16-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Christmas Deal at PC ***** looks OK.
Check PM.
Hope they have stock and this helps.
;)