PDA

View Full Version : Premiere not staying on.

bgsats
16-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Just repaired a fellow member's 5400 (just 2 obviously faulty caps in the PS, everything else seems normal now, including signal strength and quality). Put in the original Humax software, then the 9.5b patch, then PET123's settings, then a key bin from that well known Albanian forum. The keys have gone in - I've checked in Ram Editor. CAID is set to Card + Emu (tried C+E+S as well), and a gold card inserted. Premiere now comes on for about 25 secs, then goes off for 40 secs or more, then comes back on, and so on. The card reader seems a bit temperamental, but the pattern seems a bit too regular for that - does anyone have any other ideas please? (Edit) - Can't be a problem with the card/reader, Mulivision AU is fine, and staying on. Tried a key bin from the Public Upload section here (Thanks, Seti!) but got no AU at all on Premiere. Tried a different key bin from the site I mentioned before, and back to square 1! Added a PMC table from Xamuh, back to no Premiere AU! This problem was reported a while ago (Sept I think) but there was no follow up. Can anyone help, please?
(2nd Edit) Got there at last - eventually found a reference to this problem being caused by using a Gold Card rather than a Fun Card, so programmed a Fun 5 (didn't have a working 4), and everything OK straight away. May be of interest to anyone else having problems.