PDA

View Full Version : 2.4mtr fortec star

pubs
20-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi all

I have a fortec star 2.4mtr dish with a 0.3 c120 and horn, now i get the verts ok but get naff all on horizontals.The question is how to set up correctly and what should the distance be from the centre of the dish to the lnb feedhorn because i think at least i should be able to get a glimmer of a signal on the Horizontals.

Cheers

Pubs

Ps In Manchester:mad:

Keano
20-11-2007, 06:24 PM
m8 you don't say what sat you after, i bet its 7.0w though.

You are going to struggle with the Fortec Star dish m8, these dishes are not that good and require expert fitting using lasers etc.
I know a guy on another board who has spent ages with a 2.4mtr fortec star dish try to get a H transponder in Brum but as now giving up, he is now using a channel master 1.8mtr dish and is getting better results but still not getting 11996H 24/7.

I have channel master 2.4mtr dish and get H transponders OK but even with this dish they are very weak and can loose some transponders in heavy rain.
Location Manchester.

11804H is very very weak and only appears on my dish at about 22.00-06.00.

The one i watch is 11996H which with a bit of luck is one of the strongest H transponders.

I have to be honest and say I am 95% sure you will not get the H beams with a 2.4mtr fortec Star dish in Manchester, sorry.

pubs
21-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Thanks Keano, thought there might have been away to squeeze a little more out of the dish but never mind, by the way do you know the optimal distance the lnb should be from the dish as i will still use it for the vertical channels because there is still some footie on there. Again cheers

Pubs

Keano
21-11-2007, 09:24 AM
m8 your best bet will be get a C120 with feedhorn and adjust it until you get peak performance.

I am sure invacom do a feedhorn that also as adjustable rings.

dishdad
21-11-2007, 09:28 AM
.... by the way do you know the optimal distance the lnb should be from the dish as i will still use it for the vertical channels because there is still some footie on there. Again cheers

Pubs

Based on prime focus calculations only and values as shown in the example:-

I do not have the Fortec brand but the official Fortec site states the F/D Ratio as 0.38 and a Focus Length 915 mm.....so I guess the distance for you is between 900mm and 915mm...based on an antenna depth of 400mm.

P a r a b o l i c a width and depth are the governing values.

Keano knows his stuff and no doubt can tidy up.

Best of luck to you with this.