PDA

View Full Version : Dish Re-Alinement, Motor Damage?

gordon2124
20-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi All

I have a 36v H & H Motor mounted on a 1mtr Funky Dish, I recently changed Receivers from an Echostar 3000AD (inbuilt 36v positioner) to a Technomate 1500 CI Super and added a Technomate V-Box Positioner.

As I was trying to set the East Limit the Dish went to far round and hit the corner of the roof, knocking the Dish out of alingment. There is a possibility the Motor may be damaged. I have been trying to find a Sat Installer/Repairer who does motorised systems without success, does any one know of any in the Edinburgh or Lothians area? One installer just wanted to sell me a Disceq system which I do not want.
Any help appreciated.

skilcom
26-11-2007, 06:03 PM
chances are the motor has moved on the pole not the dish, i suggest you set the technomate to MTV germany , free to air station on 19 east astra 1, do not worry if you get no picture, if you get no picture after the motor has finished moving then loosen the motor retaining bolts and gently move the motor left and then right untill you get a clear picture on MTV , if the dish initially moved too far to the right when it hit the roof then i would move it first to the right and see if i get MTV.

Steve, sat installer

satwyn
26-11-2007, 06:14 PM
if the motor still tracks east west then it should be ok the dish is another matter make sure it is still true if not you have a problem a1M dish such as the funke will perform well below spec if warped

gordon2124
29-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for your replies, will try and check everything as suggested, at the weekend.

jimmy
29-11-2007, 08:29 PM
gorden2124 baillys of dalry ore pm me your phone number jimmy