PDA

View Full Version : New dish option

Lawsy
21-11-2007, 12:03 AM
In the maddening (and in some ways strange) endeavour to get even more channels i am looking to upgrade my 1m dish to 1.2m.

I am in the southeast and aiming to get 7w.

I have a moteck h-h motor which states the biggest dish it will drive is 1.2. The dish is failry low down and fairly well protected from wind.

So i am looking at a channel master 1.2 with a matched feedhorn c120.

My original dish is a make i have never heard of and the lNB looks like it came from poundstretchers.

So, the questions are :-

should a moteck work with the new dish

The mounting i have got with the original dish that bolts on to the moteck seems to be the standard 4 bolts. Should that just bolt on or do i need another plate.

Do you think i will get my aim or quite an increased signal strength

seems to be about £200 worth for that lot so not small beer considering including motor my first set up was £60.

Any suggestions on any other set up.

Any help appreciated.

Lawsy

echelon
21-11-2007, 12:08 AM
I cannot see it improving it by much , as its well known that you really need a dish between 1.5m and 2.5m here in the uk

you may get some improvement with a bigger dish , better lnb and a more sensitive tuner , but on the other hand you may do all this and then find its all been a waste of money

usually the new dish will just bolt onto the same place as the old dish , but will all need realigning

it is probably a good idea to improve your lnb as they arent dear nowadays

and without knowing what yoiur receiver is then it may not matter what you do as some are better tuners than others

and you may find the encryption disappears or has no working keys

NeasdenNW10
21-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Hiya Lawsy
Rather surprised that you cannot get anything off of Nilesat. I'm in Suffolk, near the ports of Felixstowe and Harwich. 1m gibby dish, Stab HH-100 motor, Smart Titanium 0.2dB lnb, 10m cable, TM-1500CI+ box. getting over 100 vertical channels of an evening in good weather from Nilesat.
Couple of winters ago I was running a 1.25m Gibby dish, Moteck SG2100 motor, Golden Interstar 0.3db lnb, TM-5000DA box, and was getting some of the horizontal transponders of an evening
****e neighbour made me get rid of the dish.
At present, in fine weather about 2 dozen vertical channels from Nilesat are 24/7, but no sign of horizontal transponders.
cheers Norm.

NeasdenNW10
21-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Couple of screen shots taken about half hour ago, sorry about the flash burn.
cheers Norm

Lawsy
21-11-2007, 08:13 PM
from neasdon to suffolk, there's a story there somewhere. London boy to the sticks.

Thanks for the info.

I do pick up some channels, i was after showsports. How do you get on with them ?

for info my set up is a relook 400s with enigma image and a mutant 200 with enigma.Did have a dreambox but psu went.

Lawsy

satpaul
21-11-2007, 08:19 PM
A Motech Motor will not fit a Channel Master 1.2 I would use a Gibertini 1.2 and a Technomate 2100 or Stab HH100 with extension for dish as these two motors have metal gears not plastic

NeasdenNW10
21-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi Lawsy

Yes m8, Neasden born (1941) and bred, but for my sins have been up here since 1971.
I know nothing about Showtime, according to F l y s a t they are encrypted channels, so I cannot receive them.
I like Nilesat for the films on MBC.
The MBC transponder on Arabsat is a no go for me, blanked out by adjacent frequencies on 23 & 26 east.
cheers Norm.

Lawsy
21-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Satpaul,

So are you saying that due to my motor being a motek then it has plastic gears that will strip if i attach a 1.2m dish due to winds. The technomate and stab motorsn(i believe) are the same layout as a motek.

You metion an extension piece. What is that. I have a fitting that u bolts aaround the motor arm and bolts to the dish with 4 bolts- is this the same thing ?

Cheers

Lawsy.

Burnham
22-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Showsports 1/2/3 are the main sports channels and there is no chance to get a stable signal in all weather conditions and in the daytime on a 1.2m dish in the London area as they are on a horizontal transponder. You need a larger dish, either 1.5m or 1.8m.

You should get the vertical channels on a very well set up 1.2m dish in all but the worst weather conditions. These will give you a few EPL games on Saturday afternoons - assuming you a way of clearing the Showtime package.

satwyn
22-11-2007, 08:52 AM
arabsat 11.919 mbc 11.914 23e dutch channels with a 1.2 andrews there is no problems with these two satellites your alignment could be a bit off

NeasdenNW10
22-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi satwyn
Yes m8, I'm aware that my pole is slightly out. Checked with an inclinometer, east 89.9, west 90.1, north 89.9, south 90.1. But I only had a spirit level when I set it up.
I'm in a null for 11919H for Badr, one nudge east with my dish I get swamped by 11914H from 28east. One nudge west and I am swamped by 11914 from 23.5east.
A 1.2m dish would have a tighter beamwidth and might solve the problem.
cheers Norm.

satwyn
23-11-2007, 10:00 AM
if you go for the andrews 1.2 use the maching polar mount and feedhorn you will need vbox if your receiver is diseqc only this is your best option as for nilesat on a 1.2 some improvement will be obtained on bad weather ect but bigger would be needed for the weak H transponders