PDA

View Full Version : what should i go for?

zad
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
ok guys im a fairly new driver and not much knowledge of the roads in my local are so i have decided to go for a sat nav.

i would like one thats simple to use as i dont what to have to keep fiddling with it as im driving and i dont need any fancy features like bluetooth hands free and mp3 playback.
i would like to be able to update it from time to time with new maps but will only be taking the car in the uk and ireland so international maps are not required.

oh and i dont want to spend the earth ether, something under the £100 if possible but im willing to go upto £150 if the needs must.

cheers guys for your advice in advance

paul01609
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
im a fan of tomtom not the cheapest out there but works well and can be updated with new roads and stuff

montsett
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
the which reports at your local library do an indepth test and report on sat navs.

i bought a tt one. price lead but fab, if battery life for walking around citys not so hot.good if you want to find your way back to the car.

with speed cameras on it i've saved the layout cost many times over and no points on licence.

;)

montsett