PDA

View Full Version : 36deg east

karlpowell
05-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I am tring to find a channel called HI soccer on this satellite for this weekends footy , i can lock and clear some channels on this satellite but even a transponder scan with the added FREQ for this channel does not pull up any more channels .

I am in NW uk and using a 90 cm dish , can any of you guys see anything more cahnnels from this satellite?

Karl

dishdad
05-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Think this is the one with a 'Nigeria' footprint beam only.

karlpowell
05-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for your reply , might as well stop scanning :-)

Karl

ouagadougou
05-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi,

I get the HiTV package in Lagos Nigeria and as already mentioned its on the Nigeria spot beam. I couldnt even get the wider beams carrying Multichoice DSTV from 36E ku in NW England with a 2m dish so this ones seems like a real impossibility unfortunately.

Cheers.

badflyer
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
As on the subject of 36E, anyone managed to bring in the NTV russian TV packages on this bird? Lyngsat does say it's a russian beam, but was just wondering if anyone had any success with it in uk.. thanks

NeasdenNW10
09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
NTV transmissions, being circularly polarised as well as being beamed to russia, does not help matters for reception in the UK. That is if you are useing a universal LNB that picks up horizontal and vertical transmission.
Norm.

kennyboy
14-12-2007, 03:36 PM
as any1 got a strong signal for 36e again 80 dish uk midlands got 39 but cannot find 36 been on lyngsat getting mixed up with fixed russia thanks

Keano
14-12-2007, 04:05 PM
m8 think you are p*ssing in the wind trying to get 36.0e.

I had a look with my 110telves dish a while ago and got nothing.

I think there is two beams one for Russia and the other for Africa.

Eugenie
14-12-2007, 04:53 PM
It depends on what one means by "36E"...there are actually 2 satellites in that slot, Eutelsat Sesat and Eutelsat W4.

The Eutelsat Sesat satellite should be accessible around the UK with it´s european footprint, it is quite strong here is Sweden. A slighty larger dish might be needed in the UK.
Footprint: _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sesat_fixed.html
The South Africa beam is self explainatory.

The Eutelsat W4 satellite is a harder nut altogether. The footprints are over Russia and the transmission is using circular polarity which requires a dedicated lnb (the ones we normally use are for linear polarity only and will have a very degraded pickup of circular signals). Simply forget reception in the UK with any domestic dish! It is accessible here in Sweden with -lets say-...aprox a 1.2m dish and dedicated circular lnb.
Footprint: _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew4_russia.html
The Nigeria beam is self explainatory.