PDA

View Full Version : Hatton v Mayweather Digit Alb

bonovox
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah just seen it advertised for Premium 1 at 3am for anyone whose interested.

tawtas
06-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Cheers ;)

Satdude
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Love to watch mate but have to get some sleep have to work, thxs for the info.

Regards Satdude. :D

Aldo
06-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Hatton: 'Floyd has nowt to worry about'

Sarcastic Ricky Hatton said he expects Floyd Mayweather to win their welterweight world title bout because he is too fat and drinks too much beer.

After months of press conferences and interviews, the undefeated pair will fight in Las Vegas on Saturday and it is clear Hatton is fed up with talking and cannot wait to get in the ring.

After hearing he is the 6/4 outsider to win the bout, Hatton said he was happy to hear the bookmakers were still giving him a chance.

Hatton said: "I was shocked to hear what the betting odds are. After listening to Floyd, I cannot believe it is not 10/1 or 20/1. I cannot believe how close it is.

"This little, fat, beer-drinking Englishman who has fought no one and been over-protected, fought a load of has-beens and yet the betting is so close.

"I think you have got nowt to worry about Floyd, you will be alright."

The final press conference involving Hatton and Mayweather ended in a predictable shoving match and Hatton made a throat-slitting gesture to Mayweather as they were pulled apart but Hatton insists the incident will not affect his performance in the ring.

He said: "I think Floyd preys on that confidence and that's why he did it. I think it'll hurt him more than me. I'll go away and forget about it now but I think he might be seething."

Meanwhile, Mayweather denied losing control.

He said: "Look at my hand. Do I look like I'm shaking?

"Come Saturday night you are going to see Floyd Mayweather in tip-top condition. I'm always in great shape so I am not going to say I am in the best shape of my life.

"He is going to bring his A game and we are going to have a great show."

applematt
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Speaking to some mates in USA one is a boxer reckons Hatton's going FLATTEN Mayweather :D

jayprince
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Good spot mate,maybe we will get full English commentary on DigiAlb?.

Cheers
jayprince

DaDragon
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Speaking to some mates in USA one is a boxer reckons Hatton's going FLATTEN Mayweather :D

Yeah thats what i reckon mate so i've just put £10 on Hatton to win and £10
for a win in the 7th.I dont usually bet but i feel really good about this fight!!
Regards DaDragon

bonovox
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Mmmm I have my doubts. I think Mayweather will be a bit too cute for Hatton and will wear him out by the 10th or 11th round. Dont like Mayweather though as too say your the greatest ever makes him look like a right dick. He isn't in the same class as Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard. Ahhh them were the days the real boxers, Ali, Fraser, Foreman, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran etc etc. Classic boxers and classic fights! ;)

applematt
07-12-2007, 01:10 AM
great buzz about this fight I know about 12 guys who have gone to see it live, just been invited to a Club on saturday - if I dont pull then I can stay up and watch Hatton win in the 7th round :D

TheMac
07-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Prem 1 EPG does not say anything about Hatton fight at 3am...only RTL and one of those Italian channels

Dreamlife
07-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Prem 1 EPG does not say anything about Hatton fight at 3am...only RTL and one of those Italian channels

They have been advertising it on premium 1 m8 :)

BB Mac
08-12-2007, 04:00 AM
should be a cracker and ricky should do the buisness

also remenber Khan on too itv 9.30pm ;)

Aldo
08-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Frenzy builds ahead of showdown

Ricky Hatton has weighed in at 145lbs, with Floyd Mayweather weighing in at 147lbs, ahead of their showdown in Las Vegas.

The media frenzy is nearing fever pitch ahead of the biggest fight of Ricky Hatton's career in Las Vegas against Floyd Mayweather.

The fight is to be broadcast in more than 150 countries including the possibility of being beamed into 50 million homes in China alone.

An estimated 15,000 fans have travelled across the world to see him - most without tickets. They include his girlfriend who has had to quit her teaching job to get time off.

And Hatton will have the support of the boxing world behind him when he steps into the ring at the MGM Grand Arena.

Mexican legend Marco Antonio Barrera, spoke of Hatton's popularity in his home nation. He said: "Ricky fights like a Mexican warrior. The Mexican people love Ricky Hatton."

The Mancunian's down-to-earth approach and ferocious fighting style have endeared him to supporters around the world.

Promoter Oscar De La Hoya made another comparison with Chavez, likening the British invasion with the days when thousands would travelled across the border in support of the Mexican hero.

Prominent fight figures such as De La Hoya, Bernard Hopkins and the former British world champions Jim Watt and Richie Woodhall are among those who firmly believe Hatton can upset the odds.

But Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has imposed a strict ban on his players staying up for the fight. The team face two games in four days against Reading and Olympique Marseille.

roys the boy
08-12-2007, 06:08 PM
What channel is the Hatton fight on please help thanks ,because I am up and down Astra 19 E looking for it LOL,hope you can help take care best regards Roy.

scampi1812
08-12-2007, 07:24 PM
It's apparently on RTL m8 on Astra FTA, and Digit alb. Don't know what you need to receive that though - anyone else help? Is it poss with Dragon? Would rather have patriotic English commentary than some disinterested German shouting at me at that time in the morning!

roys the boy
08-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your reply scampi ill give it a go cheers mate take care best regards Roy.

simon 2003
08-12-2007, 08:27 PM
apparently RTL have been known to encrypt big sport events the world cup for example,chatting on toes about it, fingers crossed for FTA

sparky_dog
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
It's apparently on RTL m8 on Astra FTA, and Digit alb. Don't know what you need to receive that though - anyone else help? Is it poss with Dragon? Would rather have patriotic English commentary than some disinterested German shouting at me at that time in the morning!

You could always put Radio 5 Live on for commentary.;)

Danny Williams v Oleg Platov is on tonight too - 9:10 GMT on 'Das Erste' (ARD), FTA on Astra 1.:)

bonovox
09-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Digit Alb Premium 1 showing with US commentary. Undercard on now for anyone thats a subscriber.;)

ManikM
09-12-2007, 04:44 AM
did williams win!?

sparky_dog
09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
did williams win!?

No, he was robbed.:mad:

It was a tough fight, and Platov was cut in the 2nd round and it looked bad, however corner did an excellent job and it looked fine. The bout was stopped in the 4th because of the cut, deemed to be caused by an accidental headbutt. Platov did not want to continue, the Ref waved it off, and the bout was declared a no contest...

The cut was no worse in the 4th than it was in the 2nd, I would say it looked better to me, and well under control. By then Platov looked shot, and if the 4th round had been complete, a stoppage for the cut would have meant the bout would have gone to the scorecards - and Danny was definitely on top. As I say, he was robbed.

Having said all that, it was a pretty good show by DW, best I've seen him for a long time. :)