PDA

View Full Version : Problem using HDFSmart

EDGE
06-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi all,trying to load Hot 9.7 but get the message"Wrong or Missing configuration file,using defaults!".I use a USB to serial converter and can no longer do it on my PC or Laptop,never had a prob using HU 1.5 and only recently started using HDFSmart but niether will work now,any ideas what could be wrong?Thanx for any help,EDGE.

voith driver
06-12-2007, 09:38 PM
hi edge,
i can only suggest downloading hdfsmart again, and reinstalling it, and make sure you have the correct com port showing,
all the best
voith

EDGE
06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanx Voith for your reply,id already done as u suggested,still the same,its strange as it stopped working on my PC a little while ago,i then used it on my laptop to load 9.6 and it went through with no probs,but since the 9.7 module its a no go:confused:.Anyway of testing the rs232 port on the hummy?ive also noticed,if i try to load a keybin it go's all through the motions,counts up,says conneted ect but doesnt work although if i put keys in via Remote,they work

voith driver
07-12-2007, 08:22 PM
hi edge,
when you put in the bin do you do a verify afterwards, this will tell you if its gone through, though i would load a new channel settings file or reload your last, this will clear the bin totally,then send it a bin using dsr with verify switched on.

though it sounds like there might be a problem with your usb/serial adapter
all the best
voith

EDGE
07-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanx again Voith m8,ive managed to get somewhere now since your suggestion of loading new settings,i got humbox working using COM 4,then tryed DSR using COM 4 and verify and all went through aswell,also just tryed HDFSMART whilst typing this and worked using com 4,strange thing is,i int done anything different to what i was doing:confused:anyway,all working well now,cheers.

Thanx Marco also ;)

voith driver
07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
always glad to help, even better when it's successful :D
happy viewing
voith