PDA

View Full Version : newbie to 6900hd advise please

antmarco
08-12-2007, 06:20 PM
just taken delivery of 6900hd do i need to connect up and scan some tp,s before puting new darkman patch 4 12 07? do i need to do factory reset before trying to put patch in? i already own tech 1500ci i understand can use same loader 1.87 ? i have seen in forum re channel settings by bigglesk but never downloaded channels to tech 1500ci always scanned for them what editor to use?on tm6900hd and what is best soft cam to use please? sorry for all questions but want to be sure what i am doing before i start dont want to damage reciever many thanks all who reoly antmarco

Aldo
08-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi M8

Here is some info that I took from another forum:

Backup your existing channel list that you have on your tm1000 , tm1500 or tm1600 onto your pc using the darkman v1.87 loader BEFORE loading the new patch

if you dont , and it goes pear shaped , you will have to rescan the channels , OR use a channel list from ***** forums like rt1612 posted

also write down your usals/diseqc and rf settings and av settings as well

this can save you hours of work and only takes less than a minute to do

ideally make sure you have the latest tm factory firmware on your box too , currently on v617, then the latest patch over the top of it.

so in simple terms:-

backup your channel list

load the 617v official firmware

reboot

factory reset

reboot

load the latest DM patch ( currently the 619v patch )

load your saved channel list

load the latest kempa82 tm softcam as well

setup the usals/diseqc, rf settings and av settings as necessary

You can get the latest official Firmware here:

http://www.technomate.com/software_updates.php?model=TM-6900+HD+COMBO

I hope that this is of some help to you.

antmarco
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
many thanks aldo just what i needed going to have a go i will be using yhe clark tech editorstudio 211 to load new channel settings from forum never used before anything i should now re procedure in using editor always scanned channels with tech 1500ci many thanks again for quick reply