PDA

View Full Version : TM6900 hard drive to DVD

ray.vincent5
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
i have just took delivery of TM6900 and am very impressed with quality of picture quality
for a test i plugged in my 4 GIG pen which is formatted to FAT32 and recorded onto it for short period
when i have plugged pen into my computer to try and download onto DVD it will not recognise the files
when i open the files on the pen they show
DVD movie info
IDX file
Transport stream.
can anyone advise as to what i need to convert and burn to DVD.
i would normally use Roxio.
thanks

sparky_dog
10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I suspect what you'll need is a tool which will convert the transport stream (TS) files into DVD compliant mpeg, something like AVStoDVD or ConvertXtoDvd - IIRC both of those can convert transport stream files.

HTH :)

3tv
10-12-2007, 11:11 PM
was thinking of getting this reciever but was unsure what format it recorded in and wether it recorded encrypted streams unencrypted that could be edited on a pc later. Manly HD stuff from premiere etc. Hope its not limited to fat 32 file structure as file size limits will be a pain when messing with HD :(

Standard def mpeg2 TS streams are easily converted to dvd. Just demux The TS so you have a m2v video file and a mp2 audio file. (Google TS mux/demuxers) I use Dvdlab to author the files.

ray.vincent5
11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
i will do a search for your recommendations as for hard drive
when you get a new hard drive it has to be formatted on the 6900 which formats it to FAT32 which i dont think can be changed

emirk
11-01-2008, 07:14 PM
You can watch the non HD recordings, using program:
VideoRedoPLus ( no converstion required), can creat vosbs quickly and burn onto dvd no problem

The HD recordings, I have yet to manage to play. I was told my Techmoate to use CoreAvc codecs would work. I purchased this but still am unable
get it right. The audio is normal speed , but thevideo is slowww.

If anyone can sort this out it would be great.