PDA

View Full Version : HDCI-2000 won't auto-update

kenny
10-12-2007, 10:54 AM
My HDCI-2000 was still running version 007, and reading other threads about getting a DragonCam to clear Ch4 HD and also that version 015 was available OTA, I tried to force a software update, but I got the message "New Software not found". I have my receiver configured for a 4-way Diseqc switch for Astra1,2,Hotbird and a motorised dish and I wonder if this might complicate an OTA upgrade? Any other ideas why OTA upgrade doesn't work?

Then I decided to manually upload to version 011 in order to clear Ch4 HD. Whilst I was able to do this, and indeed Ch4 HD clears OK, I notice that many of my saved channels have had their data changed (eg ones that pointed to the mototorised Diseqc position, now point to Hotbird). I can rescan these channels, but is this "normal" behaviour, following an upgrade?

micany
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
HI m8.
Had simillar problem before but point was that cam was in. After cam was out
no more message " new software not faund".
btw is already more than 3 hours downloading new software ( 015 ) and yet is not finish..... :confused:

invalid
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Something wrong there m8 it shouldn`t take that long,mine took about 20mins 2 d/l.
Mine didn`t work the first 2 times i tried kept getting errors but went ok the third time.

H.

shriver
10-12-2007, 02:35 PM
HI m8.
Had simillar problem before but point was that cam was in. After cam was out
no more message " new software not faund".
btw is already more than 3 hours downloading new software ( 015 ) and yet is not finish..... :confused:
I copy this from laurals.net it explains why it take you so long.
-----------------------------------------------------------
New Firmware available OTA v 1.00.15 (05 December 07)
Click Menu -> Installation ->Software Update -> Manual Update
Set as follows:-

Satellite: Hotbird 13east
Frequency: 12.476
Polarisation: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 27500
FEC: 3/4

Average upload time = 20 mins.

Please Note: The OTA upload may take some of you over two (2) hours to complete.
The main reason the upload may take so long for some, is simply
because your dish is not properly aligned on the satellite,
and the signal quality is fluctuating, and may even drop below
the signal threshold. To prevent this problem, simply tweek your dish before you start.

kenny
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi micany - I never thought to remove the CAM before trying the software update!

Thanks for the tip - I'll try again tonight.

suttons
10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
mine updated in about 15 minutes. I did put in the frequency's as above.worked first time no probs.

kenny
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, I removed my CAMs before trying a manual OTA upgrade, and sure enough it found new software and downloaded it pretty quickly. However the next stage then gave an error and v15 failed to install.......