PDA

View Full Version : Text Message - Changing the Date - Can it be done?

stevethejack
13-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I want to get a text message into my phone (from any phone, it doesn’t matter which one) to look like I had it in June. I’ve tried changing the date on my wife’s and my phone to June & sent a test text message, but it still says received in December, maybe taking the date from the network, rather than the phone.

Or is it is possible to send a message to my phone then to change the date of the message in the phone set-up?

Third option, is move the text message to my PC, amend it, then move it back to my phone. Can this be done.

The phone is a Motorols SLVR if this info is needed.

Thanks for anyone who can help out.

bobbyboil
13-12-2007, 12:26 PM
what about changing the date on the receiving phone.

then after you have the message change the date back to the real date

stevethejack
13-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I’ve tried changing the date on my wife’s and my phone (the receiving phone) to June taking the date from the network, rather than the phone.
- no joy.

Loss of this text message could cost me hundreds of £££'s

Cheers.

xanadu
13-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I am sure that it's the network that date stamps a text with time sent/received, so changing the date on your phone will not make any difference.

Also, phone companies keep records of all texts sent/received.

stevethejack
13-12-2007, 12:44 PM
What about sending myself a text message, saved under teh sender's name. Moving the message to my PC, amending the date, then sending it back to my phone?

stevethejack
13-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Or even

What about removing the network stamp, then including the time & date I would like the text message appear from at the end of the text message, so it looks like it was sent in June.

Can this be done?

Thanks to those who have so far contributed.

adamxcapell
13-12-2007, 06:39 PM
i dont think you can as the transfer of data is recorded by the sp. hence the reason it will control the date. the only way you could try to do it is if you use a box like the tornado and alter the index data like that. other than that i dont think its possible just changin the time and date in the phone.