PDA

View Full Version : Triax multi lnb hoder....

dude66
14-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi guys,
As you know my dish is on my cheminey and I had to get rid of my motor as it got damaged in the storm we got last week.
I am thinking of investing in a triax multi lnb holder with 4 lnb and disceq swich.
Now, what I want to know is....How does it hold in strong winds?? Do you loose signal very easily? Is it NOT too heavy for the dish arm?
And how easy is it to install for say 28deg,19deg,16deg and 13deg.(Or do you have a better combo?)
Thank you.
Dude66:D

Keano
14-12-2007, 10:05 PM
You're lucky day m8.

Guess what I bought this week ?

Yes triax dish ( 64cm) and triax multi lnb holder.

I can tell you that the holder is very strong and the plastic brackets that go on are very strong and fit tight, too bl**dy tight I had to grease the steel to get the holders on easy.

I did have 28.0e,19.0e and 13.0e on it perfect until today, no work today and was bored so had a mess.
I have put my quad back on my sky dish and now have a invacom quad lnb on one end for 19.0e a interstar twin for 13.0e and a interstar single for 1.0w.

Get very good signal from all of them and whats great is that i can go from digitv to sky sports in less than a second no more waiting for dish to move.

I am using a technomate 4-1 switch and a db.

I can't recommend it enough m8, its very good quality.

Cheers

Keano

Whoops nearly forgot you wont get 19.0e,16.0e and 13.0e m8 they are too close together, you will have to leave 16.0e out.
Now it can be done by using these alps lnbs that are slim, I can't find many UK dealers who sell them so I might have to look in Germany again.

satpaul
14-12-2007, 10:21 PM
You could use the Force Frontier 90 cm dish it does a 40 Degree angle say 28 east to 8 west have fitted the 55cm dish on 28 19 13 and 5 west and was very impressed I have to fit one at a School in Stratford upon Avon for 19 13 and 5 west next week

dude66
15-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks Keano,and Satpaul
Will opt for this option then.I have triax TD 1.1 dish could I pick up 1deg west as well as the other 3 east one.
I live in west of windy Ireland.....Used to pull it with my motorised dish but not very strong.
Thanks.

dude66
21-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi guys!
Well after going up and down the ladder a 1000 times(that is no lie!!). I finally got 3 sats up and running(28,19,and 13 deg east).The bracket is VERY sturdy. Tommorow I have to drill the hole at the back of the dish to secure the arm more. Also I will try 1deg west but I doubt it will work from the amount of space left after the 13deg east lnb( my prime focus is Atra 1).
Happy that is done!