PDA

View Full Version : Update to 7.162

klingonworf
16-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi!

I have updated my TOMTOM GO to version 7.162 through TOMTOM HOME and I got the following problem; the device won't start unless I remove and insert the memory card before pushing the button. This happens even with other memory cards (with other maps) even the original one. Someone else with the same problem ?

Regards

Worf

satpaul
16-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Did you do a back up when I did the misses one it formated the SD card itself

klingonworf
16-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I had a previous backup so I didn't do a new one when upgrading. I copied the previous backup (not through HOME just copied files to card) and it works with version 7.12, I did an update again with same result: not booting with card inserted. It works if you take out card and insert it again (after shutting off device), but if I shut off and try then to start it it won't, only if I remove card or take it out and insert it again it will boot.

Russell1
16-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Try pressing the re-set button.

klingonworf
16-12-2007, 12:52 PM
It works! Thanks Russell!

jaimea
31-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I had a similar problem after updating to the latest version. I had to remove the memory card or else it wouldn't power up. I suspected that perhaps the TomTom needs a contiguous file so I used the Windows defragmenter on the memory card. Presto! Now everything works fine.

widge
06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Just had the same problem with it not powering up with sd card in.Did what Russell said and pressed re-set button.Now working OK.So thanks very much Russell