PDA

View Full Version : Any HD receiver that can do this yet?

bonovox
18-12-2007, 03:51 AM
Yeah Digit Alb look like they are launching a couple of HD channels. Is there any HD receiver that has built in card support (for conax) and can also be connected via gbox to a dreambox, so essentially that can run gbox? Is this just Dreambox 8000 territory or is there any HD receivers out there that can do this now?

Yoda
18-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Do a google for the Kathrein ufs910 mate, its a nice box and has some developments on third party firmware already.
Picture quality is amazing on mine.

Yoda

crabber
18-12-2007, 01:08 PM
As nothing seems to be happening with the 8000, I think any receiver that can do cs will become very popular. I am in OZ at the moment where HD transmissions on terrestrial have just started and they look very good.
@Yoda have you tried any other firmware on your Kathrein box yet? if you have any success please would you keep us informed.

bonovox
18-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Is there a card reader in it? Can't find much info on it and what there is, is in foreign languages. The cs and HD combined sat receivers seem to be pretty rare.

Yoda
18-12-2007, 03:19 PM
To be honest guys I have only had mine three days, just managed to flash the new 1.04 image BoxCracker 1.04 Image with Camd3.
I have not had a chance to play around with it as yet, however I can confirm that the 1.04 firmware allows it to record very well from an external USB HDD.
I think im allowed to say try doing a google for ufs910 and then a website thats called hdtvinfo.
There is some good information on there.
PM me if you are looking for a good UK dealer as I don't think the site sponsors sell them.
Here is the spec.
PS: Yes card share is possible and working, however no cccam yet... fingers crossed for soon.

- Reception of digital satellite TV and radio channels in DVB-S and DVB-S2
- Video decoding of MPEG-2 and MPEG-4-/H.264 signals
- 16-digit alphanumeric front-pannel display
- 4000 channel memory positions
- Kathrein-easy-use EPG with timer programming
- Common Interface for two CA modules
- HDMI output for connection to an HDTV ready TV set
- HDCP copy protection
- Optical audio output for Dolby Digital data stream (AC 3)
- YPbPr output
- Cinch sockets for AV signal (composite colour picture, stereo-audio)
- Front/back USB 2.0 ports for software updates with a USB stick
- Multifunction setting device on the front panel
- Composite picture, RGB and Y/C output programmable Scarts
- Satellite list optional updates
- Software via satellite or PC
- Language selection for programmes broadcast in several languages
- Channel search
- Channel position sort function
- Automatic date and time setting via DVB data stream
- On-screen display (OSD) in 8 languages (D,GB,F,I,E,CZ,NL,TR)
- DiSEqC 1.0 control signal and SCR one-cable system control signals
- LINUX based operational system
- Mains switch
- Delivery scope: Infra-red remote control, batteries, manual, safety notes, Scart cable, power cable

Yoda

Yoda
18-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Sorry guys, when googling look for ufs910 not usf910 as I first stated.

Yoda

applematt
18-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah Digit Alb look like they are launching a couple of HD channels. Is there any HD receiver that has built in card support (for conax) and can also be connected via gbox to a dreambox, so essentially that can run gbox? Is this just Dreambox 8000 territory or is there any HD receivers out there that can do this now?

DigitALB GOLD you have for this?

ian_t_baxter
18-12-2007, 05:38 PM
it is true that this machine does not have DiSEqC 1.1 or 1.2 ?

Eugenie
18-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, the Kathrein only does 1.0 and that is it.

ian_t_baxter
18-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, the Kathrein only does 1.0 and that is it.

cheers mate,

I'm looking for an HD receiver which can control my motor and is Linux so looks like I'm going to have to wait for the IPBOX.

Yoda
18-12-2007, 06:17 PM
it is true that this machine does not have DiSEqC 1.1 or 1.2 ?

Next release of firmware should include 1.1 or 1.2 been promised for a while now.

ian_t_baxter
18-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Next release of firmware should include 1.1 or 1.2 been promised for a while now.

cheers Yoda, maybe I'll wait for the next software release before making my mind up which receiver to go for.

How quickly do they release new versions of the software ?

daxv8
18-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi ,

I have been looking at the Kathrein ufs910 .Seen DR dish review and some very good reviews on the build quality ,separate PSU board . Picture quality is meant to be very good as well. I have been looking to buy one from Germany (£220)as they were only available a few weeks back but I have now seen a U.K. supplier selling them now for £259.
The dedicated forum seems well supported so I might take the plung. Google UFS910.

Cheers

bonovox
18-12-2007, 07:17 PM
DigitALB GOLD you have for this?

Digit Alb gold package original subscription. Nice package and they are launching 2 maybe 3 HD channels which are, I believe included in the original package.

As for that HD receiver, it looks like that might be something I will be buying in the new year. Its seems to have everything. When you say card sharing is working....with what emulator? Gbox? Anyway the other specs look real good, and with the ability to hook up a usb hard drive.Nice!:D

raul
18-12-2007, 07:38 PM
it doesn't have internal cardreaders , but i believe usb readers can be used
and be supported in future emus .
not sure how many usb outputs it has though , if only one you'll have to choose
between the hdd or card sharing .

pege63
18-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Take a look here _http://www.marcush.de/ nice site for HD STB

bonovox
18-12-2007, 07:46 PM

I think it has 3 usb. Yeah I noticed no internal card readers.

raul
18-12-2007, 07:57 PM
sf team that used to make the very best dream images supported it from the start ,
but now it's gone from their site !
they only support and develop firmwares for IPBox hdtv receivers now .
take a look what they have to offer .

Yoda
18-12-2007, 08:48 PM

I can confirm 2 x back usb and 1 on the front under the flap.
Software is updated from the usb port and the unit can also handle more than one usb drive for recording.

Yoda

ian_t_baxter
18-12-2007, 08:54 PM
sf team that used to make the very best dream images supported it from the start ,
but now it's gone from their site !
they only support and develop firmwares for IPBox hdtv receivers now .
take a look what they have to offer .

Hi

Would you pm me the url for sf team web site please.

I'm thinking about buying an IPBOX so it would be usefull to see what is available first.

Cheers
Ian

bonovox
18-12-2007, 09:45 PM
_http://sfteam.anfy.cz/images.htm
This is their site I think.

wwe
18-12-2007, 11:03 PM
how easy is it, to setup this HD C/S box I good with normal boxes but I have been waiting for the DB 8000 but it looksl ke its not coming out any time soon. I want to go full HD with C/S and this might be the box to do this. i have looked at the forum and can't find a guide that will help. I have no experiance with Linux but I am afast learner.

cheers

raul
18-12-2007, 11:52 PM
not difficult at all , you use any ftp manager to get your files sorted , if the
box is connected to internet you can even skip this part and sort everything with the remote .

you also log in to your router via the web browser to open the port you wish to share your card on .

thats about it , there are more advanced options like logging via telnet ...... if that
interest you .

wwe
19-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Sounds easy, your not based in Spain are you raul? to help me if i need you?

wwe

crabber
19-12-2007, 02:01 AM
I know this is a very basic question but as I have no experience of HD cs:-
Will an ordinary card open a HD channel or do providers use a different one?
In other words do I need a peer with a HD sub?
I am thinking particularly of one (uk) provider we all love to hate.

Yoda
19-12-2007, 02:03 AM
not difficult at all , you use any ftp manager to get your files sorted , if the
box is connected to internet you can even skip this part and sort everything with the remote .

you also log in to your router via the web browser to open the port you wish to share your card on .

thats about it , there are more advanced options like logging via telnet ...... if that
interest you .

Hi mate what image are you using for the Kathrein that has these features, I cant find any way of updating anything with the remote ???

Yoda

Eugenie
19-12-2007, 04:03 AM
I think raul meant the, shall we call it 'extended GUI', available with some open source Linux OS receivers. This is not available with any Kathrein image. The Kathrein does not offer open source so modifying/extending the GUI is not easily done. So Linux is only really fully usable if the source code is public, this is not the case with the Kathrein. Only the kernel is public.
Until Kathrein decides to release the source code (which they probably will not?), the software developement will be VERY limited...Linux or not!

Right...I´m sure raul will correct me if I missunderstood his meaning.

raul
19-12-2007, 08:37 AM
i never mentioned kathrein :) ,

how easy is it, to setup this HD C/S box I good with normal boxes but I have been waiting for the DB 8000.....

doubleudee
19-12-2007, 10:07 AM
@raul

Am I right in saying that the IPBox 9000HD doesn't support Diseq? i.e. it's for a fixed dish only?

ian_t_baxter
19-12-2007, 10:36 AM
@raul

Am I right in saying that the IPBox 9000HD doesn't support Diseq? i.e. it's for a fixed dish only?

the ipbox does support Diseq but the kathrein only supprts Diseq 1.0

doubleudee
19-12-2007, 11:40 AM
OK, It's just that I couldn't see it in the spec I looked at on another site, can anyone point me to a full spec of this rc?

Edit - got one:-

Features AB IPBox 9000HD Black / HDTV 2CI HDMI with HDCP DVB-S compliantDVB-S compliant DVB-S2, DVB-T, DVB-C supported Smart tuner supported(Plug & Play) MPEG-2 MP@HL Video Decoder MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 HP@L4 Video Decoder DIVX® supported WMV(VC1), WMA/WMA-pro Decoder Dolby AC3 downmix decoder HDMI with HDCP supported Multi-format Audio Decoder High Definition and Standard Definition DVB Common Interface (2 slots) supported Format resolution: 1080i, 720p, 576p USB 2.0(Host) supported USB 1.0(Client) supported Network Interface Supported( high speed Ethernet) VFD Display : Capability for display of various information SCPC and MCPC receivable from C/Ku-band satellites Channel list editing Favorite channel list editing True-color On-Screen Display (OSD) Full Picture In Graphic (PIG) function Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for on screen channel information Subtitle & Teletext supported Parental lock facility by channel and program event Added hardware parts for future use. S-ATA cable and 3.5 HDD cradle(bracket) 2 x mini PCI socket for several kinds of tuner 2 x smartcard reader IPTV function to be addedHigh Definition HDTV stands for High Definition Television the high-resolution television of the future (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and MPEG2). MPEG4/H.264 is an improved compression process for digital television and HDTV, a successor of MPEG2.1080i and 720p HDTV video formats: p stands for progressive and i for interlaced images. Standard Definition**** stands for Standard Definition Television, which is the basic PAL signal.The AB IPBox 9000HD uses the latest image enhancement technology to make even **** programs appear sharper than ever, using a HDMI or YUV, RGB, S-video output. Dolby Digital SoundThe AB IPBox 9000HD comes equipped with an optical digital output for extremely realistic spatial sound.Technical details:CPU Type 266MHz ST40-202 32bit RISC CPU Data/Instruction Cache 32KB/16KB Satellite QPSK Tuner(DVB-S) Input Connector IEC 169-24 Female(F-type) Input Signal Level -65 to -25dBm Frequency Range 950MHz to 2150MHz LNB Control Vertical 13V(400mA Max) Horizontal 18V(400mA Max) Waveform QPSK(C/KU band compatible) 22KHz Tone Frequency 22±4KHz Amplitude 0.6±0.2V Symbol Rate QPSK( up to 45MS/s) DiSEqC Control Version 1.0/1.1/1.2/USALS Compatible Satellite 8PSK Tuner(DVB-S2) Input Connector IEC 169-24 Female(F-type) Input Signal Level -65 to -25dBm Frequency Range 950MHz to 2150MHz LNB Control Vertical 13V(400mA Max) Horizontal 18V(400mA Max) Waveform QPSK, 8PSK(C/KU band compatible) 22KHz Tone Frequency 22±4KHz Amplitude 0.6±0.2V Symbol Rate QPSK( up to 45MS/s), DVB-S2 :QPSK(up to 36MS/S), 8PSK(up to 30MS/s) DiSEqC Control Version 1.0/1.1/1.2/USALS Compatible Terrestrial OFDM Tuner Input Connector IEC169-2 female Loop through Connector IEC169-2 male Frequency Range 50MHz to 870MHz Loop through Out Impedance 75 ohms nominal Band Width 7/8 MHz Carrier Mode 2k & 8k hierachical/non-hierachical mode Constellation Auto(QPSK, 16/64 QAM) Mode Rate Auto(1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8) Guard Interval Auto(1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32) Cable QAM Tuner Input Connector IEC169-2 female Loop through Connector IEC169-2 male Frequency Range 47MHz to 862MHz Loop through Out Impedance 75 ohms nominal IF Bandwidth 8MHz QAM mode 16, 32, 64,128,256QAM Symbol rate 0.87Mbaud~7Mbaud Max. MPEG Transport Stream & A/V Decoding Input Stream ISO/IEC 13818-2 Specification and VC1 Microsoft video format main/advanced profiles@HL(WMV-9), H.264 Profile & Level MPEG-2 MP@ML, MP@HL, MPEG4 AP@HL/H.264 level 4.1, VC1(WMV9) Input TS Data Rate 138Mbit/S max. Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9 with pan/scan vector Video Resolution 720 x 576(PAL), 720 x 480(NTSC), 1080i, 720P, 480i, 480P Audio Decoding MPEG-1 Audio Layer 1,2, Musicam Audio Mode Stereo, Dual Channel, Joint Stereo, Mono Sample Rate 32, 44.1, and 48KHz Memory Flash Memory 16MB DDR SDRAM 160MB (32MB+128MB) Storage & Rear connector HDD Serial ATA 80/120/160/200GB and over (User Selectable) Digital interface for HDTV HDMI with HDCP SCART I/F VCR & TV(2 Ports) CVBS & Audio R/L Out RCA(3 Ports) S-video Din Component Out(YPbPr) RCA(3 Ports) Digital Audio S/PDIF via Optical Data In/Out USB Host Interface USB A-Type Female (USB 2.0) USB Device Interface USB B-Type Female (USB 1.0) RS232C 9 Pin D-Sub Network Ethernet RJ-45( 100BT ) Conditional Access Common Interface 2 PCMCIA-Cards Slots Smartcard Interface 2 Slots Front Display VFD Vacuum Fluorescent Display as Alpha numeric style Power Supply Input Voltage AC110-245V, 50/60Hz Type Linear PWM Power Consumption 50W Protection - Separate Internal Fuse and Chassis Physical Specification Size (W x H x D) 375mm x 60mm x 280 mm Weight 3.5Kg Environment Operating Temperature 5 ~ 55C Storage Temperature -40C ~ +65C Die IPBOX 9000 HD ist voraussichtlich Anfang Oktober 2007 verfügbar.

doubleudee
19-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi

Would you pm me the url for sf team web site please.

I'm thinking about buying an IPBOX so it would be usefull to see what is available first.

Cheers
Ian

@raul or ian_t_baxter

Me the same please, as I am interested in this as an alternative to the 8000, which is 'not to be released soon' (so it seems!) - lol.

oops - edit, just read bonovox's thread.

bobi
19-12-2007, 01:00 PM
@ Raul

you,r pm is full mate , was trying to send you an pm , emty it please

PS ; if you dont mind can you send me the SF team link please

Merry Christmas everyone

cheers

bobi

ian_t_baxter
19-12-2007, 01:31 PM
@ Raul

you,r pm is full mate , was trying to send you an pm , emty it please

PS ; if you dont mind can you send me the SF team link please

Merry Christmas everyone

cheers

bobi

_http://sfteam.anfy.cz/images.htm

Yoda
19-12-2007, 03:37 PM
I think raul meant the, shall we call it 'extended GUI', available with some open source Linux OS receivers. This is not available with any Kathrein image. The Kathrein does not offer open source so modifying/extending the GUI is not easily done. So Linux is only really fully usable if the source code is public, this is not the case with the Kathrein. Only the kernel is public.
Until Kathrein decides to release the source code (which they probably will not?), the software developement will be VERY limited...Linux or not!

Right...I´m sure raul will correct me if I missunderstood his meaning.

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate...

Yoda

mario0000
19-12-2007, 03:37 PM
i think opti*** 7700 HD CICX could be what you are searching for! it has emu and reader, check if it supports cs!

ian_t_baxter
19-12-2007, 04:58 PM
i think opti*** 7700 HD CICX could be what you are searching for! it has emu and reader, check if it supports cs!

don't throw another receiver into the mix I had just about decided to go for the ipbox 9000HD ;)

pipino
19-12-2007, 11:49 PM
don't throw another receiver into the mix I had just about decided to go for the ipbox 9000HD ;)

actualy the unit look like dogs bolox m8,,fantastic features

applematt
20-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Got a Vantage HD 7100S courtesy of a kind member, many thanks to you.
Just getting to grips with it - But has Blind-Scan PVR via eSata/USB softcams Ethernet Port - Very fast in HD mode - HD Picture is in a different class - plus look's stunning.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.area dvd.de%2Fhardware%2F2007%2FVantag e_HD_7100S_01.shtml&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

bonovox
20-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Got a Vantage HD 7100S courtesy of a kind member, many thanks to you.
Just getting to grips with it - But has Blind-Scan PVR via eSata/USB softcams Ethernet Port - Very fast in HD mode - HD Picture is in a different class - plus look's stunning.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.area dvd.de%2Fhardware%2F2007%2FVantag e_HD_7100S_01.shtml&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

What channels u tried in HD?

applematt
20-12-2007, 04:20 AM
Prem HD / BBcHD / DiscoveryHD

Jool's Holland was excellent - I Spoke with a BBC sound guy last month and they said each new broadcast they getting better @ HD! SO looks like BBC are leading with HD --

It also has function to Send TV anywhere via ethernet ...just trying this now could be interesting :D

Need's Channel List thou!

If I go Prem.Diect click the option button on the Remore -- I get a Extra menu Appear and Select any of the movies -- Same for the **** Channels on PRem -- All working - Thought I saw on here the p0rn was over?!

bonovox
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
So the vantage is good? How about CS with this receiver? I am probably gonna wait until the IP box 9000hd is released this month before I buy one. That looks like it will do everything the dreambox can do but in HD.

applematt
05-01-2008, 01:47 AM
So the vantage is good? How about CS with this receiver? I am probably gonna wait until the IP box 9000hd is released this month before I buy one. That looks like it will do everything the dreambox can do but in HD.

Very good so far. Does all recording to HD, the softcam works really fast and opens up the usual. The HD quality is awesome better than the previuos boxes I had. And very regular software updates, as its a new box so some bug's.

Not found out bout the CS as yet --- if anyone wants to inform me please do :D