PDA

View Full Version : Got my Triax multiblock lnb holder....need help.

dude66
20-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Ok guys weather is good tomorrow so I want to set this up fairly fast(Don't forget I have to this from a HIGH roof!).
I want to get 28deg east,19deg east,13deg east and 1deg west.Is this possible?? I have a triax 1.1 TD dish.
The dish is at 19deg east at present. Do I have to move it to hotbird to be able to get the set up above??
I read Echelon guides but not sure what is best.
Thank you for your help.;)
Dude66:D

echelon
20-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I doubt you will get 1 west but you can try , nothing lost , nothing gained etc

should be no problem getting astra 1 , hotbird and eurobird

dish can be positioned on hotbird or astra 1 , some say better to be in the middle at 19e , others will say line up on hotbird and offset the astras as they are stronger signals

it really is a case of try it and see , but getting anything else will be a bonus , if at all

Captain Jack
23-12-2007, 11:18 AM
You should be able to get those sats OK, but I'd say align the dish on 5 east as 1W will be the weakest satellite of them all so needs to be as close to the main offset position as possible. Although, might be a bit far to reach 28E then! Again, a bit of trial and error in this case :)

Keano
24-12-2007, 04:57 PM
m8 just to let you know that you can get 28.0e,19.0e,13.0e and 1.0w on one dish.

I have done it today on my triax 64cm.

I took 16.0e out because dish is to small and was getting breakup, so thought I would have a play and got the 4 sats above no problem.

Could not get digitv on 1.0w but did get Canal+ with about 40% on my technomate.

Have sky dish with a quad so no need for me to have 28.0e on triax, so for now I have 19.0e,13.0e,7.0e and 1.0w on triax.

Might have to look at a 88cm triax in the new year.

Detlef
24-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Most of Digi TV is on the 1W Spot 3 beam and 80cm is really a minimum for NW Europe plus a 60cm will behave more like a 45cm once you move off the design focus.

You could try moving the dish a bit towards the west and sliding all the LNBs along as 28E is the strongest signal.

dude66
24-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys!
I remembered I was struggling to get 1 deg west years ago with a multi lnb set up....Fine during good weather but once it was rainning the picture was unwatchable!!
So I will leave it like this(3 sats) for the moment!! Anyway I have enough to watch right now!!:D
Dude66:D

Keano
24-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Most of Digi TV is on the 1W Spot 3 beam and 80cm is really a minimum for NW Europe plus a 60cm will behave more like a 45cm once you move off the design focus.

You could try moving the dish a bit towards the west and sliding all the LNBs along as 28E is the strongest signal.

yep thanks m8, i'll look at swapping the 64cm for a 88cm.

I did have a play with it but never really got much of a improvement.

I know when I had my 80cm dish ( lidi cheapo ) on the motor then digitv did come through OK.

Got to get a 88cm dish any how because I want to get 16.0e nice and stable.

Thanks, have a good xmas guys

Keano