PDA

View Full Version : PMCT tables

grub
24-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I was just trying to manually add the ART keys but bnoticed that inside the ram editor all the keys are set on zero - even after uploading key.bin (although i uploaded when in standby mode), so im thinking its because we also need to re-do the PMCTable.

Can old versions of PMCT's work with the new version of Hot 9.8?

jimrare
24-12-2007, 07:03 PM
1. Old pmct versions can work with new HoT versions.

2. You can't upload while in standby mode thats why all keys are set to zero. Turn it on a FTA channel.

3. Where did you find the ART keys?

jimrare
24-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Just to make it clear for some members who always search around for the latest pmctable.

What a PMCTable actually does is that it forces your humax to use a specific coding system for a channel/provider. For example some channels like eurosport on hotbird 13e, use multiple encryption systems Irdeto, Nagravision, Conax, etc... At this time speaking it can be decrypted through emu with the Nagravision system (Polsat specifically). So your pmctable should contain a line that tells it to use Nagravision and not something else.

You can also add a line to your pmctable that tells your Humax not to the use the emu in order to decrypt a channel or a whole provider, but your subbed card, or even through network if you are cardsharing.

In a few words this (and a few other other things) is what a pmctable can do. Usually when a new firmware comes out the default pmct included inside, will do the job. There are some exceptions though with some releases, or if you have your own subbed card, or if you are cardsharing.

So my advice is that if you have your own card or cardsharing and have a working pmct, stick to it. Otherwise don't bother looking around for latest pmct's unless there is a "faulty" one included in the firmware. At that case, be sure you will see a pmct posted in this forum.

grub
24-12-2007, 07:41 PM
jimrare.
cheers m8, i did upload in standby.
art keys on main page.
grub

jimrare
25-12-2007, 06:28 AM
i did upload in standby
You think you did but you didn't

sattekop
25-12-2007, 04:59 PM