PDA

View Full Version : Vantage 7100S - USALS

Fabrice1973
26-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Guys,

1) Anybody had problems with USALS function (not moving to the requested sat) ?

2) It seems the firmware contains all the keys.

But what happens when we will have to modify the keys ? (Found out since then)

3) Xcam : On my CT2100 there are no probs but on CT5000 & Vantage 7100S... There is a conflict with the emus.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Fabrice1973
26-12-2007, 11:28 PM
4) It's impossible to connect to the receiver with an USB/COM converter (despite COM4 being available and working with CT2100 & 5000).

5) After a very long scan of all sats and transponders, I did turn off the receiver then turn it on and OMG.... there were no more channels.

6) No Eurobird 9E and nothing to scan on 42E :confused:

Fabrice1973
26-12-2007, 11:51 PM
7) Manual Scan requires to be set on the sat prior to scan. This is very annoying.

Tarzan
27-12-2007, 12:41 AM
lol... Welcome to the world of never ending bugs on the Vantage 7100S receiver...

Fabrice1973
27-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Damn, I'm tired trying to get it working.
It seems to work but in fact the move to another sat is definitely too slow and I'm very uncertain it works at 100%.
Really hope for a fix soon.

pege63
27-12-2007, 10:55 AM
That is a BUG in every patched FW for VANTAGE, if you want HOTBIRD it goes to ASTRA i have told that to them for sevral month now but no one wants to listen

Tarzan
27-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Here is the feedback I sent to Vantage and also posted on the Vantage forum. But I am not sure if these ever will be fixed.

PQ is poor compared to the TM 6800 as there is lots of noise on the picture... Picture looks too grainy and I hope it will be improved

Blindscan is not so fast as compared to the X200 series but then it is better than other receivers of it's class

It's too early to say about the tuner threshold as it failed to lock onto the H transponders on 7W whereas the TM 6800 could lock onto most of them.

As reported by others, there are loads of bugs which I am sure will be fixed soon as I can see the updates coming in FAST.

Some of the annoying usability bugs are still present and I though Vantage would have atleast rectified them in the new series of HD receivers..

One of the most annoying thing about the Vantage is there is no shortcut to some of the features like the dish fine tuning etc. for e.g if you are watching a channel on 19.2E and want to scan 15W you go into the menu and then start scanning.

BUT once you are 15W and if you realise that the signal is low and you need to fine tune the signal, you have to come back out of the scan menu and go into the motor control. And when you do that, the dish moves back to 19.2E. The receiver does not remember the last sat position. Also again you have to navigate through list and select 15W, go to the sat and fine tune. But in the Technomate receivers, there is pos button which can be used to fine tune the dish position without having to go through the menu and without leaving the channel.

Almost all the receivers I have used remember the current sat position when I go into the menu, for e.g. If I am on 15W it will remember that in the menu and stay at 15W, but the Vantage everytime starts with the 19.2E position.

The Vantage channel nos do not start from number 1 for each sat and it does not filter (re-number) the channel list based on the sat selected.

If you are on 19.2E and want to view channels by providers, it lists all the providers from all sats.

The Vantage constantly displays no signal on weak transponders whereas the Technomate shows some signal on those transponder even though it cannot lock onto them.

But if some of the annoying features are modified then it will really be a kick arse receiver standing above the rest

Also the person who designed the remote should be tied upside down and stuff the remote up his £$%£...

The receiver resets itself to factory defaults ...

I noticed after I do a firmware update and then if I switch off the receiver using the remote and if I leave it for sometime and switch it on, it reset's itself back to factory defaults...

Fabrice1973
27-12-2007, 12:41 PM
That bug is unfortunately also in the official firmware.
My situation is the following : works from 7E to 28.5E.
Forget about the rest.
Someone has answered me on an Italian community site that it might be linked to HD channels.
I've contacted Vantage about this issue but no answer yet neither from the "underground" support.
So I will contact now the seller to know his conditions for an eventual refund.

Sincerely very disappointed compared to my Clarke-Tech 5000 which is at least is very stable.

Hope for an answer and a fix.

Fabrice1973
27-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Another problem seen while I'm still trying to make this motor move !
All Kabel Deutschland FECs are incorrect and no light with the emu.

Tony Baker
27-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi,

The "Dr Dish" TV testers described the Vantage-7100S Sat Rx as having undergone a full and comprehensive test session.
So surely the best way to get some fast action on the Vantage box problems is to send Dr Dish TV an email (They now have a good web site!) informing them of your findings and all the receivers shortcomings? Adding that it appears that the Dr Dish recommendation in this case does not seem to be as comprehensive or as good as they have reported in their Sat TV programme!

Rgds, TB.

Fabrice1973
27-12-2007, 03:46 PM
A great idea Tony.
Have just mailed them.

Rgds,

Fabrice

pege63
27-12-2007, 07:14 PM
I have send about 22 email to them about problems on FW for Vantage, but they dont answer you about patched FW:mad:

Fabrice1973
27-12-2007, 08:53 PM
But Pege, the motor problems are not linked to patched FW.

Tarzan
27-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Does the SPDIF (AC3) work for you guys??

Mine comes up as stereo on my amp and I am using a optical cable