PDA

View Full Version : 1600 won't connect to PC???

gman
28-12-2007, 03:15 PM
As you're probably aware with the amount of questions i've been asking, i'm new to the technomate stuff.

my latest problem being that i'm unable to connect my 1600 to my PC. it's been wrecking my head since 10AM, and i've been searching the net for possible solutions and don't know what else to do.

i'm trying to load the latest firmware and patch. Have done a factory reset on the box, connected up to pc, using a brand new RS-232 cabel that i bought just yesterday.

i've tryed both loaders (tm + darkman), auto-detecting and manual, all i get is the message "connect receiver & turn on). Auto detect displays same message whilst flicking from com1 to com3.

as i've said i've tried all sorts but just don't know what else to do?? anyone any ideas?????

gman
28-12-2007, 03:25 PM
further on from this, i am able to use my mastera 3 on the same port, using a slightly different cable (male to female). The new rs-232 is female to female??

clipper
28-12-2007, 03:51 PM
As you're probably aware with the amount of questions i've been asking, i'm new to the technomate stuff.

my latest problem being that i'm unable to connect my 1600 to my PC. it's been wrecking my head since 10AM, and i've been searching the net for possible solutions and don't know what else to do.

i'm trying to load the latest firmware and patch. Have done a factory reset on the box, connected up to pc, using a brand new RS-232 cabel that i bought just yesterday.

i've tryed both loaders (tm + darkman), auto-detecting and manual, all i get is the message "connect receiver & turn on). Auto detect displays same message whilst flicking from com1 to com3.

as i've said i've tried all sorts but just don't know what else to do?? anyone any ideas?????
the loader you need is the tm 1000 series v187 loader only. and a null modem cable [female to female] 9 pin ends
and when patching the loader panel must be set to software and download,
i always leave my tm 1500 on standby while patching and loading softcams.

echelon
28-12-2007, 03:52 PM
the correct cable is a null modem cable which is a crossover cable and 9 pin female at both ends

it also requires a proper fifo com port on a pc , or a suitable usb2serial adapter with appropriate driver is using usb or a laptop

a straight wired cable wont work , only a crossover cable

it wont be the tm1600 at fault so is more likely to be either the pc , the adapter or driver , or the cable at fault

it could also be another device hogging the com port stopping the null modem cable and loader from working

so if you are sure the cable is correct , its a probable com port problem

gman
29-12-2007, 01:00 PM
all sorted now! thanks guys, it was the wrong cable. Got a bit confused as the instructions said that an rs-232 cable was needed, so i went for the one that said rs-232 on the box! Changed it for the null cable, and hey presto! i think that should be all i need to know now.

thanx again

echelon
29-12-2007, 01:10 PM
the best idea is to own both types , then you always have the correct cable , and the straight one can be used to extend the null modem cable if necessary

glad you followed my help and sorted it out