PDA

View Full Version : Dvd/hd blue ray media player?

fredd74
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Some of my friends has bought, i think it is called a windows media player, that they has as a mp3player and watch video thy have recorded. The can also play dvd movies.
It is a small computer that runs with a tv.

I am wondering If some sort of these computer has a hdmi connection so can download fullhd movies and watch?

echelon
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
most modern computers have dvi connections on the decent graphics cards so can output in hd

sounds like they have a media centre which is a pc running windows media centre

if it has a blue ray or hd/dvd player built in then they may be able to play these films , and if it has dvi they caould use a dvi to hdmi converter lead ( I think )

I havent tried any of this so dont take my word for it

Gone_Fishing
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
As echelon said it sounds like a HTPC running windows media centre what it can or cant do will depend on the speck of the PC

If your thinking of buying one then you would need one with a graphics card that has H.264 support for the HD stuff and most of those have HDMI as standard

TNT

paul01609
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM
mines media center running dvi to hdmi but sound dont go threw it so you will need a set of speakers playes down loaded bluray and hd with nvidea 8800 gts have a look at my build _http://www.pcdudes.co.uk/showthread.php?t=484&page=3_,for tru hd and bluray you will need a fast cpu im running amd 6400 duelcore