PDA

View Full Version : STAB motor returns to 0 deg pos when east limit reached using 500s

badflyer
05-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi all, I have a problem with my stab motor in that when i go as far east as possibly can using the motor config in my 500s dreambox, the stab automatically goes back to 0 degrees? This is proving a right pain for me as i'm trying to find 53E manually in using the motor setup. Does anyone know how to disable this return to 0 degrees?. I have tried to enable and disable limits in the dreambox motor config, but still no luck!

Secondly, is there a way to make the motor turn faster East/West? I note there is a setting for this in the diseq setup within the 500s, but i don't notice any difference with the setting enabled? Thanks for any responses.

dajam
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
You cannot make it go any faster I'm afraid, do you have limits disabled and 'go to x' unchecked, I find this gave me more control, unless of course your using a usals motor then I don't know.

bulmers
06-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Regarding the speed question. I have a Horizontal channel set as the first channel on most of my sats. When its setup this way; when you move to another satellite the motor is getting 18v and moves faster. ( I have a Technomate receiver but all receivers should behave in the same manor)

satwyn
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
have you tried using usals if 53e is in the receiver data it should find it for you

dajam
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Regarding the speed question. I have a Horizontal channel set as the first channel on most of my sats. When its setup this way; when you move to another satellite the motor is getting 18v and moves faster. ( I have a Technomate receiver but all receivers should behave in the same manor)

Its more of an amperage problem with a db500, they operate on 12volt dc via a 1 amp transformer, pretty sure the motor only gets 12 volts max
The output from the power supply/db500s has long been a problem with diseqc motors

badflyer
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Dajam, your reply makes sense! indeed the psu is rated at 12V 1A. There must be some form of voltage dc to dc convertor inside the Dreambox 500s to give it the necesarry 14 to 18volts the LNB and motor requires? Maybe someone in the know can clarify this?

What i really need now is a motor that will swing east / west faster than the stab.. what are my options?

dajam
08-01-2008, 07:23 PM
A Vbox 2 maybe? it has its own power supply. never used one but understand they're good.

I believe there is of some form of voltage step-up hardware but it will be very low amp output, hence the slow movement, I think the motor does'nt get the initial 350ma burst required to get it started, as it would on a technomate, therefore moves slower.
I'm no expert, only guessing.

aslat
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
A friend of mine uses a Digibox between the Dreambox and motor coz he has quite a long cable run. The Digibox amplifies the power going to the motor

terrybobs
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
with reference to usals does anyone know how to set uo a dreambox 7020 with gemini 4.1 and a hh100 stab motor I have it mounted correctly and thought I knew how to set up the software but I've gone wrong somewhere
regards terrybobs