Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

botoxx
24-01-2009, 03:26 PM
U find MPCS on

_h__p://dvb - upload . com

techmob
24-01-2009, 06:24 PM
i am in the market for a hd box.. dm8000 is a rediculous price

currently looking at the dm800 which seems quite limited hardware wise, but we know the software side of these is what excells it

but i am trying to research other potential boxes, and i have stumbled across this thread and this hardware wise does look like it can do alot, especially the premium model and a nice price to boot

my one concern is the software and progression side, when i make my decision i want a box that is going to see the ride out and improve via software and not become a door stop..

is the software on the azbox fully open source and is likely to improve and continue to improve for years to come?

can it run all diff types of cams like mcamd and newcs, ccam?

i am just reading that mbox runs on this!!

is the premium available for sale at the moment?

thanks

spikes
24-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I am also thinking of buying this box.
but i also want to know if the software of the azbox is fully open source.
I now have 2 triple dragons but the software is not fully open source, and that is why there is not much support of them.

Regards

kebien
24-01-2009, 06:59 PM
That picture doesn't really prove it is playing a 4:2:2 feed,is just a picture with some added writting.
Not saying it doesn;t do it,just making clear that pictures are not a factor when trying to prove something.

In the other hand,if it does 4:2;2, it does it for SD and HD channels??
And also for mpg4/H264 4:2:2??

Not sure many have a clear understanding of this professional profiles

pascha99
24-01-2009, 07:45 PM
@kebien
Believe it or not,or test it by yourself, please!
I have tested it and i wrote how it works.
More tests are difficult,because blindscan is not implemented
yet and so i need the frequency to search "by hand".
I have not found any frequency forMpeg 4 Hd Feeds yet.

goran
24-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Hmmm, it was said it's HW based [blind scan]...:svengo:

xanadu
24-01-2009, 09:42 PM

But I would guess that feature has to be added in software?

I did ask this before but got no answer, so I presumed it was not working yet.

BE-COOL
24-01-2009, 09:44 PM

A lot of stuff were said, like 200€ for the Elite, and 250€ for the Premium...

At 289€ is not that great alternative to Kathrein UFS 910/IPBOX 900 that can be bought for less than 250€ or a DM800 clone for 300€

:nopity:

goran
24-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I remember €249 and €299...:respect-054:

wian
24-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Web Interface is 80% finished with all integrated functions as Pics Grab of Screen and OSD, also Streaming will be implemented and other functions, stay tunned, for now i think goal for un-official developers is Stability with CS, and zapping time.

That is very good news. And I fully agree with the un-official developers :respect-056:

xanadu
24-01-2009, 10:00 PM
A lot of stuff were said, like 200€ for the Elite, and 250€ for the Premium...

And the box designs have changed too..

Still nobody seems to know what the premium model looks like.

The original pictures of the Premium don't seem to match the pre-release design, as it looks to be cheaper looking display and front panel.

kebien
24-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Pascha99 wrotw
@kebien
Believe it or not,or test it by yourself, please!
I have tested it and i wrote how it works.
More tests are difficult,because blindscan is not implemented
yet and so i need the frequency to search "by hand".
I have not found any frequency forMpeg 4 Hd Feeds yet.^^^^

I can record an HD 4:2:2 channel for you right now,and will try to upload it for you to play it,and see how it goes.

kebien
24-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Sorry,what type of files can the box play?
This is a TS from dreambox.
Can it play TS files?
Have to give me a few minuites,is only like 10 seconds and is 60 mb

kebien
25-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Here is the link,see if it plays,and see if you can get a picture of the TV when you play it.

Everyone else can download the file and see what is about.Can Use VLC

_http://www.megaupload.com/?d=INSHAB9O

BE-COOL
25-01-2009, 02:00 AM
I have no rush in buying an HD receiver at the moment, they are too expensive if we have in mind the HD channels available.

My DM500s clone was less than 100€ and is doing a great job.

Azbox HD has a great potential since it uses sigma processor and a diferent OS (Enigma is mediocre).

In a few months receivers will be cheaper and then we can actually see what support they have.

I have nothing against opensat but it seems that their marketing is very similar to Octagon "linux" receivers... you know what I mean.

Cheers.

pascha99
25-01-2009, 04:24 AM
@kebien
Thanks for the file.
I have tried to play the file via usb and network.
Azbox can not play this file,no picture ,but audio.
After 7% of file playing the box hangs up.
I don`t know why,but bitrate is not so "high"(36mbit)and
the sigma should handle this normaly.

Tried on pc with elecard player.Elecard says,this is a Mpeg2 422,not Mpeg4 422 file,right?

wian
25-01-2009, 09:05 AM
The AZbox doesn't support dreambox .ts files. I have tried to play normal recordings on the AZbox, but it doesn't work.

All the material I download (H264/DIVX/XVID/DVD in ISO/MPEG/ASF) works fine, don't know what it is with .ts files. Maybe will be supported in the future?

If you compare the AZbox to Kathrein UFS 910, the AZbox wins hands down. Remember that this box has only been on the market for a few weeks. It is worth the little extra over the Kathrein or IPbox.

It's unfair to start comparing with clones. Compare it to the real dreambox if you want to look at the price. I prefer to pay for the original, so that the manufacturer can develop more of these fantastic products. Clones are often bad quality and lack features of the original. The dm500 clones work fine, but the Chinese dm600/dm800 clones are bad. You can't exchange tuner (it's fixed) and they become very hot. If it breaks, you can say goodbye to your money, so it's arguable whether clones are cheaper at all in the long run. Dream multimedia is almost broke because of the clones, so I hope that it will take a long time before AZbox clones appear.

If you look at the features, the dreambox is much more mature in the DVB playback (not strange after 7 years of development), but is lacking the mediaplayer functionality of the AZbox. My dm800 plays some MKV and some DVD, but not very well. I'm curious how the AZbox will perform in six months...

sattommy
25-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Hey Wian,

Which firmware are you on, because I have tried several iso's over samba but they do not seem to play.

Regards, TOmmy

noviserbia
25-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I am very eager to buy the Azbox and wonder if you can purchase the second DVB-S2 tuner at the same time when you buy the Elite version....i guess that both versions Elite or Premium are supporting 2xDVB-S2 tuners.....and also can somebody confirm that Incubus cam works on Elite Azbox as a client with CCCam......if thats the case i buy it straight away from hear http://www.sattom.de/shop/Azbox-HD-Elite-Linux-LAN-Die-neue-Generation-von-Multimedia-PVR-HD-Linux-Receiver,art-2410.....i already send an e-mail to the shop but no answer as yet ....cant see the second DVB-S2 tuner on sale

Carp95
25-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Wian is on fw 0.9.1170

Incubus works with Cccam as client

Tarzan
25-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I could play the file in VLC...

satburn
25-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I dont understand why would anyone want to play dreambox .ts files on an azbox.
There are more importand things to worry about like emu development image stability and so on
If things like this that are important have good support then the dreambox and it's ts files are useless to me

geezerpl
25-01-2009, 01:31 PM
New Firmware 0.9.1173
_http://ng-box.com/0.9.1173/patch.bin

Oh sh*t, so many fixes of really SCARY bugs !
It just shows how far we are from happiness with AZBOX.
Good that they delayed market entry - otherwise would be a disaster for Opensat.

Bosnasat.de just confirmed they will start shipments of PREMIUM to Customers as from 16.02

kebien
25-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I dont understand why would anyone want to play dreambox .ts files on an azbox.
There are more importand things to worry about like emu development image stability and so on
If things like this that are important have good support then the dreambox and it's ts files are useless to me

It doesn't make sense to you,but the idea is NOT to know if azbox can play dreambox files,BUT to know if it plays 4:2:2 HD channels,of course is nothing you have to worry about.

kebien
25-01-2009, 03:32 PM
@kebien
Thanks for the file.
I have tried to play the file via usb and network.
Azbox can not play this file,no picture ,but audio.
After 7% of file playing the box hangs up.
I don`t know why,but bitrate is not so "high"(36mbit)and
the sigma should handle this normaly.

Tried on pc with elecard player.Elecard says,this is a Mpeg2 422,not Mpeg4 422 file,right?

So if the box only plays the audio and no video,the is not capable of rendering 4:2:2 HD mpeg2,let alone it won't play 4:2:2 mpeg4 either.
Maybe the box can only play 4:2:2 in SD,let mo know if you need a test file for this.

Of course the file plays well in VLC and a fast PC.

pascha99
25-01-2009, 04:28 PM
So if the box only plays the audio and no video,the is not capable of rendering 4:2:2 HD mpeg2,let alone it won't play 4:2:2 mpeg4 either.
At the moment ,i think so,too.
I would know if Azbox can fix this or it is a thing that needs a solution by sigma.We will see...

Maybe the box can only play 4:2:2 in SD,let mo know if you need a test file for this.I have tested some feeds,but my dish ist not big
and not well adjusted,so i have a lot of errors in my recorded files,so
other/more 422 testfiles are welcome.
At least that would be good ,they can implement realtime viewing of 422 Sd feeds.Most dxer will be happy,but only when blindscan functions works!

kebien
25-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok,let me upload a file for you to test with.
I'm also interested for some box to play this feeds,probably getting one if it does.

Ok,check this file, pasha99

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HCYJ5XL

I also very short,but if is successful,we can find an upload site that let me get 500mb up there for you to test more,or many different channels
(I have many permanent feeds using this profile)

Yoda
26-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if the answer to this question has been already answered, I have checked the thread and cant see it.

Has anyone tried to connect one of these boxes to a NAS box or upnp server?

If so what were the results?

I mainly want to stream DIVX and XVID to the Azbox???

Yoda

Carp95
26-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Samba is on board.

.ts files tested succesfully by me.

Will test 4.2.2 file tonight but I think we need the Premium for that with internal hd

onkelm
26-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi,

USB no problem at all. I am using Network devices
like Synology DS207+ with Linux Software and Samba.

Thats no problem, I can use all folders and stream pictures, music and of course videos of all kind.

So far, I haven`t discovered a videostream, which the azbox isn`t able to work with.

Same with Windows, works like a charme.

Even with a Synology DS508 and NFS approval no problems perhaps the best streaming way, because all videos now working without any juddering. (wmv9-1080p)

best regards

onkelm

Yoda
26-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi,

USB no problem at all. I am using Network devices
like Synology DS207+ with Linux Software and Samba.

Thats no problem, I can use all folders and stream pictures, music and of course videos of all kind.

So far, I haven`t discovered a videostream, which the azbox isn`t able to work with.

Even with a Synology DS508 and NFS approval no problems perhaps the best streaming way, because all videos now working without any juddering. (wmv9-1080p)

best regards

onkelm

Thanks mate, yet another reason why I am itching to get my hands on the premium model.

Yoda

goran
26-01-2009, 02:56 PM

Thank you kindly, m8!:coolgleamA: However, could you, please, be a bit more specific/detailed - just not to misunderstand you...:respect-048:

Cheers!:respect-056:

[:respect-057::drool5:]

onkelm
26-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi,

o.k. thats from azboxworld.

I hope, it`s o.k. to post it here. :Angel_anim:

It is quite the same, like Neotionbox posted a few sides before.:respect-056:

Media Player - Supported Formats
Audio
Containers: AAC, M4A, MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA), WAV, WMA, FLAC, Ogg
Codecs: AAC; AAC +; Dolby Digital, WMA, WMA Pro, MP1, MP2, MP3, LPCM, FLAC, Vorbis
Audio Passthrough: DTS; Dolby Digital

Video
Containers: MPEG1/2/4 (M1V, M2V, M4V); MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG); MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS), VOB, AVI, ASF, WMV, IFO, ISO (Backuped DVD's); Matroska (MKV), MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
Codecs: XVID SD/HD; DIVX; MPEG-1; MPEG-2: MP@HL; MPEG-4.2: ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC; WMV9: MP@HL; H.264: BP@L3; H.264: MP@L4.0; H.264: HP@L4.0; H.264: HP@L4.1; VC-1: MP@HL; VC-1: AP@L3

Photos: JPEG; BMP (GIwill be soon avaliable)

Subtitle: SRT; SMI (SUB; SSA; TXT will be supported soon)

the videos in all stream qualities I got.

trailers in WMV9-1080i, H264-1080i, etc. no problem via nfs streaming.

regards onkelm

kebien
26-01-2009, 07:09 PM
onkelm

This files are TS,you should try to play them from internal hdd,as you just posted the specs and it mention it can.
Let us know

onkelm
26-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi,

depents on what kind of ts stream (or better from which receiver)

With ts streams from dreambox, actually not, but with ts streams downloaded from I think highdefforum or anotherone, worked well.

regards

onkelm

Carp95
26-01-2009, 08:12 PM
.ts files from dreambox works perfectly overhere, the file on megaupload wasn't supperted overhere ( fw 0.9.1173).

Give the file to dev team and specify wtch kind off file it is.

Tiptronic
26-01-2009, 08:38 PM
So does the Premium support CCcam or Gbox via lan?

wian
26-01-2009, 09:04 PM
@tiptronic; you must have read the whole thread if you still have that question...

@carp95; the .ts files I tried didn't work. Maybe because they were recorded with a dm800? Do you know whether the devs will add support for mms or rtsp streaming? When I download a mms stream, then it works on the AZbox, but I can't add a mms url to the browser unfortunately.

kebien
26-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Do something
Use TSremux and produce a TS file rom the ones posted here.Takes a very short time,and will make the file compliant for the azbox,I believe.
This in case dreambox TS is not recognized (sometimes,some tables are missing and other receivers cannot define pids for it)

I'm sure this will give you a goor TS .
Let us know

spikes
27-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know or tried if newcs or mgcamd works on the Azbox hd?

regards

botoxx
27-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Elite mit HDD Streaming ;)
_http://audioslyer.over-blog.de

Tiptronic
28-01-2009, 12:38 AM
I just read the whole thread (pretty fun, it's like you're in a time machine:D) (Special thanks to NeotionBox & others who made informative inputs)
It looks to me, that this is the perfect digital receiver, because it has so many amazing options and capabilities for such a price.

My only hope now is that the final product, that according to 1 onlineshop is available 15/02/2009 & "with shiny front" , will look like, how they said it would look like.

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxPremium.jpg

To me the most important options are : CCcam support, HDMI connection, Sata connection, WIFI, Recording to usb & Sata hd, Playing all those sorts of media.
It's also pretty cool to have the youtube & internetbrowser. + The PS3 style menu & the modern look (if its true).

I wouldn't have been surprised if someone showed me this product and told me it cost +600€, I just wouldn't buy it immediatly if it did.

kebien
28-01-2009, 04:58 AM
I wonder what those that tested this TS files mean with "don't work"
Didn't play at all?
Not supported file? (did you try tsremux?
They only play audio? (this mean 4:2:2 is nor supported)

If the box play 4:2:2 ,should play this file one way or another.(as is,or remuxing using TSremux)
If doesn;t play video but audio is ok,it mean it doesn't support 4:2:2.
There is no way around that.
So far nobody was able to confirm anything.
We still in limbo.

netgic
28-01-2009, 11:32 AM
My only hope now is that the final product, that according to 1 onlineshop is available 15/02/2009 & "with shiny front" , will look like, how they said it would look like.

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxPremium.jpg

No.

The final product looks so _http://www.azboxhd.info/ (official Info site from the Devoloper of the NG RACE GoGo for Azbox)
I am Betatester from Azbox Germany an you can trust me when i say that is the final design.
Sorry

PS: The Display at the Photoshop Picture is from a Sony AV Receiver.

goran
28-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Hmmm, changed and scaled down a bit... No fine, elegant, sleek look on that pickie...

But! Some things make no sense. For instance, 2 USB ports in Elite and only 1 in Premium etc. in those specs list...???

Clarification, please?

pascha99
28-01-2009, 11:47 AM
@kebien
The last file you have uploaded,don`t work.But in this case
my azbox,told "not supported".

We have to wait,for an answer by azbox.
I have told them the situation about 4:2:2.
I will try,to send the files which you have uploaded,to azbox.
Maybe,they will find a solution.

Tiptronic
28-01-2009, 12:14 PM
The onlineshop told me:

The Product looks exactly like the beta product but with shiny front

netgic
28-01-2009, 12:14 PM
only 1 in Premium etc. in those specs list...???

Clarification, please?

1 Rear and 1 on the Front

@Tiptronic

Yes thats right.
But the betaversion is this what you see on my link, and this what you post is a design study from January 2008.

The Front is a little bit glossy, no more and no less.

georgieboy3
28-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I am in Hong Kong. Any contact where I can get a box(es)... Contact me pse.

Tiptronic
28-01-2009, 07:29 PM
1 Rear and 1 on the Front

@Tiptronic

Yes thats right.
But the betaversion is this what you see on my link, and this what you post is a design study from January 2008.

The Front is a little bit glossy, no more and no less.

I know that design was just the prototype, I posted that to show what I hope they will look like. There are no pics yet of the version that will be sold. As long as it doesn't look too cheap, its good enough for me. Inside is always more important than the outside :D

Carp95
28-01-2009, 07:46 PM
@kebien
The last file you have uploaded,don`t work.But in this case
my azbox,told "not supported".

We have to wait,for an answer by azbox.
I have told them the situation about 4:2:2.
I will try,to send the files which you have uploaded,to azbox.
Maybe,they will find a solution.

File is already there m8:respect-056:

gasth404
31-01-2009, 06:35 AM
AzBox HD Torrent client

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=593206#post59320 6

IS this only for me or problem with link ?

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

sharps1
31-01-2009, 10:27 AM
me neither can u fix it, or upload again ?

ceyer
31-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I know that design was just the prototype, I posted that to show what I hope they will look like. There are no pics yet of the version that will be sold. As long as it doesn't look too cheap, its good enough for me. Inside is always more important than the outside :D

Hi,

just got a confirmation that the final design will be this:

(damn was hoping it would look more like the one in the leaflet)

netgic
31-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes that its true.
No shiny front.
This was a wrong information from any Shops.

satburn
31-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Yep... so was i. This is not gonna put me off though. I 'm still gonna buy this box even if they use a shoebox for a housing :drool5:

Tiptronic
31-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi,

just got a confirmation that the final design will be this:

Looks nice enough. Now time to wait for delivery:D

@satburn : lol :D same here

xanadu
31-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Any new firmwares planned for Azbox HD?

It all seems to have gone quiet. :nopity:

sharps1
31-01-2009, 02:50 PM
i heard new firmwares will be released in 2-3 days

bobi
31-01-2009, 03:43 PM
seems this box is addvancing since i last cheek this thread.

i will like to know if this box reads any card at all in the card rader.
for all those that have buyed this box, what cards does this read please
i will get my box in few days and wondering what it can read.

Got my self conax and nds cards here, will they work in the reader `??

cheers

bobi

wian
31-01-2009, 08:14 PM
@NeotionBox; can't reply in your torrent thread, so I'll do it here:

Very nice work! Thanks! It's downloading right now. I love the clean web interface, I hope that the future web interface of the AZbox is of the same quality. Great work!

bluepeter
31-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Things look like they are starting to get very interesting for this box ;)

Regards
Blue

Gone_Fishing
31-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Things look like they are starting to get very interesting for this box ;)

Regards
Blue

Things will start to get interesting for you if you post links to other sat forums !

Read The Rules !

TNT

Tiptronic
01-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Here is Screenshot :)

Is that taken on the azbox? :o

pascha99
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
@neotionbox
Thanks,but this is not so new...
We miss some infos how to install "miniweb".

crazy2
02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Adding Turkısh language support in the future
Mbox or local card incubuscamd'da sharing here

Tiptronic
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
According to a sat shop, "Azbox HD Premium Delivery at us: 11.2.09 / 12.2.09 here in stock in large quantities." :D

BE-COOL
02-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Mbox arrived to AzBox

File Name: mbox 0.4 PRE BETA build 0020
File Submitter: mower
File Submitted: 2 Feb 2009
File Category: MBOX EMU

0.4 PRE BETA build 0020
=======================

-TCP peers/connection (TCP0/TCP1 in cwshare.cfg) now works only with mbox peers!
-Mbox peers will have 1.00 as version number.
-Mbox peers now must be in G line in cwshare.cfg,D line stay for old gboxx peers.
-Added R option in mbox.cfg.
-Added J option in mbox.cfg. You can change J option with add.data at any time.
-Added A option in mbox.cfg , needed for QBoxHD receivers.
-Added back gboxx connection/protocol.Gboxx peers cant connect to mbox peers and vice versa!!!!
-Mbox now starts as deamon(background process).
-Fixed HD channels.
-Fixed problem with duplicate boxids, now mbox keep only boxid that has lower distance.
-Added support for AzBOX receivers(binary-> mbox_module).Dont expect mbox to work as should, because current API for AzboX receivers has restrictions regarding ECM "pids" streaming.

spikes
02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Where to download?

sorry found it! :)

nasky
03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
0.4 PRE BETA build 0021
=======================

-Fix problem connecting to old mbox 016-019 versions.
-Fix problem with stack

bobi
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Does any one here on Satpimps have the end product picture

i am about to buy this box now, but from searching on the internet
i find varius pictures to the same product 8 AZbox HD Elite ) and it is confusing

can some one that allready have buyed this box , please post picture of front panel, and the backside of the box.

cheers

bobi

rayrayy
03-02-2009, 03:00 PM

i find varius pictures to the same product 8 AZbox HD Elite ) and it is confusing

can some one that allready have buyed this box , please post picture of front panel, and the backside of the box.

cheers

bobi

have a look here mate

Mod Edit: Read The Rules before you post again !

rayrayy
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
have a look here mate

Mod Edit: Read The Rules before you post again !

sorry about that,wont happen again

BE-COOL
03-02-2009, 04:13 PM

cheers

bobi

I would like to know that too.

And how many card readers does it have? Some places say it has 1, others says it has 2. Another one, will it be possible to add one DVB-T tuner to Elite version, or only Premium will allow 2 tuners?

Cheers.

bobi
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
well im intrested in the pictures of it acctualy end product pictures.
try to see on the oficcial site but no pictures what so ever of the end product

how can we buy this box if we dont know how it looks ??
@BE-COOL yes totaly agrea with you,
very very missinformation on this receiver realy, some shops dont know the right information , or some have gott it wrong from the supplier.

some one that have picture from the end product please upload it here or in some file hosting place

cheers

bobi

BE-COOL
03-02-2009, 04:52 PM
My guess is some stores are selling beta receivers...

The best is wait at least a few weeks for them to sell the beta and start selling the final ones, by then the firmware will be better.

The price is already dropping, 279€ in one german store.

Cheers.

netgic
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
well im intrested in the pictures of it acctualy end product pictures.
try to see on the oficcial site but no pictures what so ever of the end product

That is the final design.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/prem9qjd.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=prem9qjd.jpg)

ceyer
03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Here´re some more pics of the Premium version:

Tiptronic
04-02-2009, 12:13 AM
That is the final design.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/prem9qjd.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=prem9qjd.jpg)

I hope that's not the final design of the package. That would be an extremely lame package, as it doesn't look anything close to what's inside.

xanadu
04-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I hope that's not the final design of the package. That would be an extremely lame package, as it doesn't look anything close to what's inside.

I am sure there will be a disclaimer on the the box, saying actual product design may be different.

We have seen the final design before as it was posted here over a week ago, so it's no surprise.

The original display was paint shopped from an AV receiver.

goran
04-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Price going down a bit - this from GMC newletter:

AZBOX ELITE-HD mit ein Jahres Shareline nur:
349,- EUR

Angebot gültig bis: 31.01.09!

goran
04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
ng-box have the same picture as we have seen lately, the slightly less futuristic look...

But ultimately - who cares!:sifone: If it does what it says on the tin...:respect-054::cheers2::respect-051:

rdann
04-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Price going down a bit - this from GMC newletter:

That seems expensive, a UK internet shop is quoting 285.58 euros and £262.00 for the Elite

goran
04-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh, silly Billy, me...:smash: I was thinking Premium... Blast!:eek: Never mind them!!!:ack2:

[Pay attention, G, pay attention!!!:smash::D]

Tiptronic
06-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I was wondering, which type of RAM does this have exactly, SODIMM? Maybe can we replace the 256MB RAM with a 1GB or 2GB RAM? :D After all, speed comes from RAM.

netgic
06-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I was wondering, which type of RAM does this have exactly, SODIMM? Maybe can we replace the 256MB RAM with a 1GB or 2GB RAM? :D After all, speed comes from RAM.

No.

You can replace the DOM (Disk on Memory, 256MB) and not more.

goran
06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
You mean "you can not..."?

Besides, that's loads!!! Really, no need to go further, it seems...

Tiptronic
06-02-2009, 02:22 PM
It looks like its connected to IDE, so couldn't you just plug in a normal IDE HD on it? Since its not the main memory.

pascha99
06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
It looks like its connected to IDE, so couldn't you just plug in a normal IDE HD on it?
For more,look at post #567

pascha99
06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
But the biggest bugs are not fixed yet.
I expected more from this new firmware.

Tiptronic
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
For more,look at post #567

Whats that DOM for in the AZbox anyway?

Tiptronic
07-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Would it be easy to put the OS on a other larger DOM or a normal IDE HD? You could copy all files, but you can't copy MBR just like that. So whats the exact technique behind that?

bzoli72
08-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Copy partitions with the Partition Magic and after resize partitions.
The DOM 40 or 44 pin?

zeini
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
The DOM have 40 pin.

andidvb
09-02-2009, 07:43 PM
HI

I have SSD 1GB DOM without any problems in my Azbox
Elite

1024MB Transcend IDE 40 Pins Flash Modul

work ok

you need only path.bin of usb pendríve

Boot menu
4. Format .....

now

update from USB ......

You need no special soft

Only Update Azbox Menu

Tiptronic
09-02-2009, 08:33 PM
So, format an usb stick with fat32, copy "patch.bin" on it (which we can find in the azbox forum.)
Start Azbox with new DOM or IDE HD (which is a lot faster than DOM) and usb stick with "patch.bin"
Then you see a menu and you choose "4. Format" and after that choose "Update"?

Is this about right?

And I was thinking about using the SATA power, for both 1 SATA HD and 1 IDE HD (through a simple splitter cable with SATA female power connector -> IDE molex & SATA female power connectors). Would the Azbox Premium power supply be powerful enough for 2HD's?

andidvb
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
yes

Tiptronic
11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Pretty fast zapping

AJR
11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi All

Dumb question maybe... but a question never the less

Which one ... elite or premium offers the better value ??

Reason for the question is that as I already have a lan connection, then I don't need the wlan feature and can only guess that the elite will do just as well ?

geezerpl
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
In Premium you can hide your hdd inside, in Elite the hdd will be aside from the box - connected via cable collecting dust :)

ONE MORE DIFFERENCE !

Premium - external power adapter (hence cooler & more stable box)
Elite - internal power adapter

AJR
11-02-2009, 11:18 PM
connected via cable collecting dust
Thank you geezerpl

Now let me ponder

Dust .. £72 ... Dust... £72 .... Dust... £72

OK .. Dust wins :D

I hereby award you a 'thanks for saving me £72

TVDX
12-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Thank you geezerpl

Now let me ponder

Dust .. £72 ... Dust... £72 .... Dust... £72

OK .. Dust wins :D

I hereby award you a 'thanks for saving me £72

Good saving but isn't the Premium also a dual tuner whereas the elite is single?.
That's worth the extra cash.
I have been checking this thread every day.
Some shops are saying 16th febuary for delviery of premium.
Neotionbox when can I get my hands on these boxes?.
Will they be in on the 16th?.
Also, when will the extra DVB-T tuner for premium be available?.

goran
12-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Around the 20th of Feb, apparently...

Both can but don't actually have 2 tuners - you buy it later and add it...

But we need FW and appz to use it to the best possible effect... Especially the 2 Sat TV tuners together... ;) :)

A-SAT
12-02-2009, 01:29 AM
@TVDX

Both Elite and Premium can take dual tuners and both come with 1 tuner supplied.

As geezerpl says, main difference is Premium has WiFi and slot for internal sata HDD. Elite doesn't have WiFi and HDD is connected externally by USB.

vakerui
12-02-2009, 02:43 AM
As geezerpl says, main difference is Premium has WiFi and slot for internal sata HDD. Elite doesn't have WiFi and HDD is connected externally by USB.

...and SATA is better than USB ...you know, HighDef content has higer bitrate. I would expect faster response from internal sata disk when browsing content and fast forwarding/backward recorded movie .
You could save external USB for...mmm, well...optical drive/BD reader perhaps.

goran
12-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Has anyone added a WiFi mini PCI to Elite, please? My TV spot is quite far from my modem...:toetap05:

bzoli72
12-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Use 2 Wifi routers and set to wireless bridge mode.

AJR
12-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Or even use 2 homeplugs and connect to the router via lan ??

goran
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM

Hey, that's a good idea, seeing as I do have one more now, as the flat I moved into had one already...:respect-059: Thanx!!!:respect-046:

What's a homeplug, though? Let's investigate...:driving:

Thanx guys!!:respect-048:

A-SAT
12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Here's some pictures of a homeplug Goran.

AJR
12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Goran..

Home plug is a plug that has a RJ45 input and goes into a mains socket, this then uses the mains electrical wiring to connect to another home plug.

So one by the sat receiver and one by the pc or modem should work exactly the same as a direct lan connection.. cost for the 2 is about £40

goran
12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh, yes, seen it at PC World a couple of months back, I remember now - forgot the term, though... Cheers!:)

Cheaper with the second wireless router/modem I have, if I can connect them in the bridge mode... Must learn how to do that... Could be cool then...:drool5:

:party:

AJR
12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Heres another question...

Just read the instruction book... but does the elite remote control allow the input of the tv codes to control the tv, or is that only a feature of the premium remote control ?

nasky
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Heres another question...

Just read the instruction book... but does the elite remote control allow the input of the tv codes to control the tv, or is that only a feature of the premium remote control ?

Exactly, only the remote control of Premium it's a universal remote for TVs

morphy
12-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Has anyone added a WiFi mini PCI to Elite, please? My TV spot is quite far from my modem...:toetap05:

Or use a cheap netgear wireless print server, available of flee bay around £25.00:respect-013::respect-013:

bobi
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Finaly got my box today, after some costum problems

now i have just started with it, loaded the latest software
tested youtube and works fantastic,
now scaning channels with it

i will like to ask , does this box support mgcamd and newcs ??
i use newcs and mgcamd to read my cards in the IPbox 9000

does any one knows if this works with Azbox HD
been reading here, and try to find some information on the newcs/mgcamd
but seems to be nothing ,being it here or on the azbox forum

anyway first look , is good , hapy so far

cheers

bobi

AJR
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi bobi ..

Did you get the Elite or the Premium ?

bobi
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
i got the Elite version, as this is what im orderd

just cant get my head round if this supports newcs at all

i have 1 conax card and 1 ndz card here, but how to read those card is a mistery to me now.

i see there is incubuscamd to use but that does not read any card
so this is why now i ask how can i make my cards working ??

Biside that, i tested Diablo cam in this and is not working.
strange thing is that as soon as i enterd diablo cam inside the box
then even free to air channels do not give picture, seems as the box gets blocked with diablo cam.

cheers

bobi

AJR
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Biside that, i tested Diablo cam in this and is not working.
strange thing is that as soon as i enterd diablo cam inside the box
then even free to air channels do not give picture, seems as the box gets blocked with diablo cam.

Thats is very bad news, as thats what I wanted to do.

bobi
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
well im not impresed now

just tested with Conax cam 3.03 version and i only get audio, and even the audio does break every 5 seconds, but still no picture via conax cam

then i tetsed with MR 1.80 and here i get nothing at all

both cams initialise corectly, but picture is not there.
so 2 cams slost are ussless untill now

PS ; i use the lates software found here on satpimps.

now im left with nothing to test, and dont know if the card reader it self works at all, as i just got this box, intrested to hear from those that have had the box long inaf to test

My diablo cam wifi with card reader is also accepted , and i see the card inside
but no picture here to

well i had high expectation for this box, but im beggining to feel the disipointment

cheers

bobi

grantec
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
MultiCAS reading cards. It takes him a bit, but read.

bobi
12-02-2009, 06:02 PM
MultiCAS reading cards. It takes him a bit, but read.

Yes thank you, just found that out , but multicas is so slow

i just do not understand what has been all the hype about this box

i now have got my card working on the card reader, so that is good
but changing channel is a pain in the budt upto 5 seconds for picture to apear when changing channel

Now next step is to test incubus camd,
hehehehe but acctualy no one seems to know if newcs and mgcamd works on this box at all, just made a search on the internet and find nothing about newcs/mgcamd.

a minus thing for me , as i realy love newcs , the best card reader there is acctualy.

well well, inaf complains now, the box it self seems well build
and the menus are well placed , i also must say the youtube thing is very well indeed :respect-050:

next step now is to add own urls to some nice movies or port sites :respect-050:

cheers

bobi

xanadu
12-02-2009, 07:32 PM
After much reading about the AZBox HD I feel that it's more of a multimedia box than a satellite box, so if you want a good satellite receiver then this one should probably be avoided.
I am not saying this box is bad, as I have not tested myself, so I must make that clear! but it's just my opinion.

There seems to have been too much focus on getting Youtube and the internet browser working, at least that's the impression I get.
For these things I prefer to use a PC.

I wanted to like this box, and am glad I did not rush into buying one.
It's early days yet, and things will improve slowly I am sure of that, at least i hope so for the people that have paid money for this box.

My focus now will be on the Qbox HD for which I hope the future lies with my hard earned cash. :respect-applause-00

bobi
12-02-2009, 08:53 PM
does any one knows how to connect this box with FTP ??

im trying but it needs a pasword
does anyone knows the pasword ??

i got the box alright, but no manual is provided with it
so all things must be guessed
can some one that knows the pasword replay here please

maybe the pasword is here in this thread , but 38 pages is not easy to go thru

cheers

bobi

BE-COOL
12-02-2009, 08:57 PM
does any one knows how to connect this box with FTP ??

im trying but it needs a pasword
does anyone knows the pasword ??

i got the box alright, but no manual is provided with it
so all things must be guessed
can some one that knows the pasword replay here please

maybe the pasword is here in this thread , but 38 pages is not easy to go thru

cheers

bobi

Did you try azbox or azboxhd?

Cheers.

bobi
12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
yes i did
it is
user ; root
passwd; azbox

the problem was not the pasword but the port.
i used port 21 and it is normal with ftp, but this box has the ftp on port 22

nice one acctualy as it is SSH and i like secure connections.

well well , one more thing to look forward to now is the investigating of the files via ftp

Edit; by investigating the folders in the FTP i found CCcam emu in there.
is this real or something that is not supposed to be there
Incubuscamd
gCamc

will try to connect this box with my AB IPbox 9000 and see how long i go
still there is no newcs to be seen anywhere.

cheers

bobi

pr2
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello,

Early adopters should know what they purchase. The firmware is still in béta stage and they expect to have a first official release in june/july 2009.

So purchasing this box today put you in the range of béta testers and you should be aware that the firmware is not finished yet.

So please be patient with this box which is a true multimedia center and a true HD satellite receiver.

Premium model is expected to be available in March but I don't know if they will sell it immediately or wait for the first firmware released version.

So far I never read that newcs or mgcam is already ported to it. Today we have incubus which can be client for g-b*x and ccc*m.
Mb*x is also available for the box (with the g-b*x clien re-enabled). Today this receiver is only a client not a server.

Roma was not build in one day. :-)

Pr2

Tiptronic
13-02-2009, 12:35 AM
NeotionBox, could you record a HD video to the sata hd with the premium and upload it please? I'm wondering about the recording quality and size..

AJR
13-02-2009, 01:23 AM
So purchasing this box today put you in the range of béta testers

Hmmmmmmmmm ......

Beta testing is one thing that I'm more than able to do, if the box is free.... but a box that even the ci slot wont work shows that the firmware is not ready for any retail release to anyone.

I'm seriously thinking of canceling my order and paying the extra for something that is fit for release.

I've a feeling that xanadu comments relating to 'Youtube and the internet browser' make a lot of sense, the priority's seem to be wrong.

netgic
13-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Premium model is expected to be available in March

Release for the Premium is next week. (around the 20th Februar in Germany)

wait for the first firmware released version.

The first firmware release of what?
Elite and Premium have exactly the same firmware.

PS:
New firmware will be released today or weekend.
Unfortunately, it is not yet clear whether they are initially only for us beta testers available.

Carp95
13-02-2009, 08:44 AM
yes i did
it is
user ; root
passwd; azbox

the problem was not the pasword but the port.
i used port 21 and it is normal with ftp, but this box has the ftp on port 22

nice one acctualy as it is SSH and i like secure connections.

bobi

That tells me you're are using old firmware m8
Early firmware versions only used sftp and ssh.
Latest firmware versions use normal ftp (port21) and telnet (port23).

So Upgrade!!

p.s also had a email about the premiums being delayed until march, the shipment that is coming in next week are all Elite models.

Tarzan
13-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I thought I would ask again...

Can the AzBoxHD stream over the network?

Can the AzBoxHD be remotely controlled over the network via a web interface or something?

pr2
13-02-2009, 09:17 AM
The first firmware release of what?
Elite and Premium have exactly the same firmware.

Yes, I know that both Elite and Premium use the same firmware, what I mean is to wait for the release 1.x of the firmware.
I guess that the version 1.x will be considered by the developpers has really available for "normal" end-user usage.

The current firmware is for "sat freak" like we are. :-)

AJR
13-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you for your comments NeotionBox

But does the diablo cam (or any other cam) work with the Elite box that is being released within the next week or so ?

bobi
13-02-2009, 01:04 PM
That tells me you're are using old firmware m8
Early firmware versions only used sftp and ssh.
Latest firmware versions use normal ftp (port21) and telnet (port23).

So Upgrade!!

I have updated with the latest software found here on this very forum.
i dont know if there is any other software out there.

Yes port is 22 , it is og by me as it give security from first stage , offcourse password is anyway changed:)

Im very very happy with it so far, yes i do not expect this box to be bang on from day 1 , but there are few things that needs to be sorted out

1 , the CI slot needs to be fixed, i have not try many cams here
Conax 3.03, conax 4.0e , Viaccess , Diablo cam v2.3 , diablo cam WIFI 2xcard reader , magic cam converted to matrix,
none of this cams work, so a big minus for me.

Second thing is that some of the HD channels does not work , even that i have original subscrition from them.
On thor 1w , when i tetsed this , i have noticed that on History HD , TV Norge HD i have picture, but then if i change say to National Geo HD , or Eurosport HD, or C+ Film HD there is no picture just sound

Edit 1; just tested connection with CCcam , now im sure that this cam works , but it is far from perfect, after some time the Incubuscamd will freeze and a restart is need it to get picture back
Edit 2; i also noticed that you have to sett subtitles all the time , as the box does not rember them, even that in the main menu i have chose for subtitilse from my leangue
One major thing i found out now is that, i got picture on the HD channels all on thor now, via my mate
but the picture freezes all the time, every 2 seconds there is a small freeze, so this is most probably a bug in the software.

All in all , im very very impresed with this box so far, the Hardware is so to say 100% top quality byt the looks of it, the build is also good and looks like en prof made box for so little money.

And if newcs and mgcamd are on the way out to us, then this box will be my favorite.

Youtube , is a big plus, just enjoyed some funy videos from there today
also streaming from my PC was not a big deal at all, and played AVI , FLAC , MP3 with no problems , picture to.

there was a problem to find my Winhome server however, it found it alright, but all i could see what just the index folder, nothing more
maybe becouse i have secure home server ?? maybe becouse of the user and password ??
i try and made an guest acount but it did not found it , as is unde the winserver folder.

but will have to say if newcs, mgcamd , comes to us then im sure to say this will be the box siting under my TV bench:victory-045:

PS ; to NeotionBox
few questions for you mate.

I find an folder into my Azbox ( CCcam )
what is that for :rolleyes:

cheers

bobi

BE-COOL
13-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Last week I left cccam and started using mbox in my DM500S, and I think it's fast like gbox and stable like cccam, when I restart my receiver mbox is already working, with cccam I had to wait for at least 1 minute to open the channels.

So my question is, what's wrong with mbox for azbox? In mbox forum they say that azbox have problems with api drivers, so it isn't stable.

Will the api drivers issue be solved soon?

When Mbox and NewCS start working properly I will start thinking in buying one.

Btw how many cardreaders does the receiver have? In some sites they say it has 1, others say it has 2. 2 cardreaders that allow overclocking is a big plus for me.

Cheers.

Kameleonek
13-02-2009, 03:12 PM
New SW 0.9.1314 is OUT

Click (http://azupd.com/0.9.1314/patch.bin)

netgic
13-02-2009, 03:13 PM
The Pre-Release Premium has one smartcard reader installed.
I do not think that there is still a change.

AJR
13-02-2009, 03:21 PM
New SW 0.9.1314 is OUT

Click (http://azupd.com/0.9.1314/patch.bin)

/panto mode on

O'h no it isn't

/panto mode off

Not Found

The requested URL /0.9.1314/patch.bin was not found on this server. (nor is anything else ?)

But what issues was this new software fixing ?

Kameleonek
13-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Now again available!!!!

goran
13-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I looked around but couldn't find it ready for DL...

pascha99
14-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Receiving of Itv Hd with Azbox won`t work,so we need a fix.
Can someone upload a small Itv Hd TS-Test file,for helping the dev Team?

geezerpl
15-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm ......

I'm seriously thinking of canceling my order and paying the extra for something that is fit for release.

Yeah... reserve 999 Euro for DM8000 :001_07:

AJR
16-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Since making the above statement, I have decided that I have almost every faith in NeotionBox and his merry team.

My order for the elite stands... :D

sattommy
17-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Is there anyone who knows when the new incubuscamd will be released?

bobi
17-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Is there anyone who knows when the new incubuscamd will be released?

i think only Incubus team can answer that question.

Indeed there is need for a new version that is stable
the one that is in use now it is not stable yet, and will give many ppl head pain.

works very well on LAN , but on WAN it is another story

cheers

bobi

goran
17-02-2009, 04:16 PM
News just in:

The "AZBOX HD PREMIUM" will arrive on 25. February 2009.
The delivery to you will start on 25. February.

best regards
ng-box

netgic
17-02-2009, 05:34 PM
In other shops looks different.
The devices are currently in the Customs Control in Germany.
The first stores to send their equipment tomorrow.
Ng-Box has its seat in Austria and, unfortunately, is shifting the delivery until next week.
Reasons for this, I can unfortunately not mentioned.

However, there are details of a German shops:

It was now known how things should be known to the users enlighten. Therefore we have chosen the path of this in the relevant forums to make (subject to Purchaser of the box we have been taught separately by email).

1. The AZbox Premium comes with DVB-S2 tuners on 18.2.09 here with us and then shipped

2. The AZbox-DVB-C tuners are not as promised then also immediately available, but are only around at 10.3.09 deliverable (Tuner for DVB-T was so like so until mid-March, promised by the manufacturer)

3. The twin-tuner mode (whether same or mixed tuner tuner operation) is incompatible with the current software is still NOT possible! The programmers working on this case and there is a solution in the software in about 2-3 weeks.

Since I now have read the same here are the users present have ordered from us for these following:

1. Delivery of the equipment with a DVB-S2 tuner is immediately after receipt of the goods to us they are made.

2. Delivery event. mitbestellter DVB-S2 tuner is also immediately. It is not immediately possible to exploit this, a corresponding message is the delivery (see also above).

3. Delivery of all orders with a DVB-S2 tuner and a DVB-C tuner will also immediately, but only with the DVB-S2 tuner. The tuner DVB-C2 is immediately after receiving replaced free of charge here.

4. Deliveries of all orders only with DVB-C tuner can not take place. All customers were hierrüber at noon today notified by email and asked them to choose whether they:

if it has already in advance / paypal have paid:
-immediately via credit is paid back via Paypal or credit will be
-they want to wait

if they have ordered cash on delivery:
-they want to cancel the contract
-they want to wait

I apologize for this end, these facts but we were only about 2 hours to!

P.S. During our conversation with the distributor was also informed us that during this week a new software will come back (changelog can I possibly submit here today) and you should be just about the "beta state" to be able to cancel.

Translated for you with google.

AJR
17-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Thank you netgic

Some parts of that translation are good ... some parts are confusing

The AZbox Premium comes with DVB-S2 tuners

tuners = 2 ?????

But then if it is 2.. then it won't work anyway but there is a solution in the software in about 2-3 weeks ?

The twin-tuner mode (whether same or mixed tuner tuner operation) is incompatible with the current software is still NOT possible!

Maybe google doesn't work very well :D

fredda88
17-02-2009, 08:46 PM
DVB-S2 is just the "new" standard to handle HDTV, it does not mean that theres 2 tuners!

edit: sorry! read your post to fast "tuner(s)"

pascha99
17-02-2009, 09:01 PM
The box comes only with one tuner,second tuner is an option.

At the moment :the current firmware does not support a second tuner module.

AJR
17-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Thats a better translation pascha99

Thank you :D

kassi
18-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Is it posseble to get a anolog tuner for this box?

pascha99
18-02-2009, 12:41 AM
An analoge tv tuner is theoretical possible.
Seperate mpeg encoder and controller chip is needed,on the tuner card.
But developing is it not worth,to expensive i think.You need also extra
firmware for this...

For analoge uhf ,the box have a modulator with -Loop through-.

netgic
20-02-2009, 12:27 PM
In Germany now in stock

http://www.abload.de/img/abcd00154184.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/abcd0014c5xe.jpg

AJR
20-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Thats as maybe.. but we did beat them in the World Cup in 1966, so I suppose they deserve to have them :D

I thought the Elite was going to be released before the Premium ?

goran
20-02-2009, 12:43 PM
But apparently very few models... for special customers, if you know what I mean... still testing, that is... so perfectly understandable and expected...:)

AJR
20-02-2009, 12:46 PM
or special customers, if you know what I mean... still testing, that is.

Ahhh... Yes

Thank you goran

netgic
20-02-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.abload.de/thumb/azbox009xo2m.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=azbox009xo2m.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/azbox0100r7o.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=azbox0100r7o.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/azbox0112zaa.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=azbox0112zaa.jpg)

EDIT:

But apparently very few models... for special customers, if you know what I mean... still testing, that is... so perfectly understandable and expected...:)

500 receivers. ;)

goran
20-02-2009, 01:55 PM
The info I got from the source is that only very few Premium models are coming in this shipment [so only a few models going to various addresses in EU], the shipment that was supposed to have arrived today, in Rotterdam port, so not sure what is going on...

AJR
20-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe 500 receivers = 500 special customers then :D

nakata
20-02-2009, 04:26 PM
The info I got from the source is that only very few Premium models are coming in this shipment [so only a few models going to various addresses in EU], the shipment that was supposed to have arrived today, in Rotterdam port, so not sure what is going on...

Any info about Greece? :respect-050:

paul01609
20-02-2009, 05:44 PM
going to hold out untill find out about qbox hd and then see what happens

gerryl
20-02-2009, 06:05 PM
going to hold out untill find out about qbox hd and then see what happens...me 2 m8...head spinnin but think over time qbox will come good...so hard to know anymore with DM/IP/AB/C-Revo...and all the rest...so time to sit back...:beatdeadhorse5:...who knows!:respect-048:

AJR
20-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I did think about the qbox hd

But I can't see that anything will be coming from 3rd partys (which is what made the dream box do so well) as the peeps who are in control of it are the same peeps who do the diablo, and we know how open source that is.

So my back order for the Elite is going to stand... I'm almost sure that my £££ will not be wasted (almost :D)

paul01609
20-02-2009, 08:10 PM
i think with most boxes when they have had the money out of you the support dies off i think its just a matter of time with azbox and qbox,dreambox 8000 would be the way to go but due to the cost most carnt afford to pay that amout,if it was around £500-£600 i would have one tomorrow

goran
20-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Not necessarily - it may well move to enthusiasts only but stranger things have been known to happen...:respect-048:

peterb11
20-02-2009, 08:42 PM
now i have hade my elite box fore more then one week
i think this box is great. lots of futures

cardsharing work
mkv264 hd work
+ divx and avi work
emu no problem work
very stable
recording work
youtube work

dont work
diseq 1.1 uncommitted
dolby digital
dts

so i think azbox team gone fix this bugs

regards peterb11:respect-048:

paul01609
20-02-2009, 08:43 PM
time will tell

xanadu
20-02-2009, 09:24 PM
dont work
diseq 1.1 uncommitted
dolby digital
dts

AND CI Modules still don't work? :beatdeadhorse5:

You forgot to mention!

paul01609
20-02-2009, 09:29 PM
i herd on another thred the qbox remote dont work right?why the hell would they send them out half working

xanadu
20-02-2009, 09:52 PM
i herd on another thred the qbox remote dont work right?why the hell would they send them out half working

They are all BETA samples, so there will be problems.

Only plain white boxed beta samples exist. There is no retail Qbox-HD yet.

New remotes are already available.

goran
20-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Hmmm...

500 receivers. Which receivers? AZbox HD Premium? Hardly!

This is 72 recs [12 boxes, if I saw correctly x 6 recs in each box], it seems - on the photo... ;) Must be pretty close to the German distributor, then... :D

Because only 250 for the whole of EU came in the consignment I mentioned, about 100 for Germany...:party:

AJR
20-02-2009, 10:04 PM
why the hell would they send them out half working

In the history of the world and everything....

Manufactures have been promised by software writers that the software will be

"Finished in 2 weeks if not 1 week but allow an extra week in case of any unforeseeable problems"

"Honest Guv it will be with you on time... I swear on my old mothers life"

"Stop phoning me... it will be with you before the dead line"

"Your starting to p me off about the software... I've told you it will be ready and it will"

"Look I swear it will be with you ... just a few more touches and we are done"

So the manufacturer goes ahead with the launch, well he would... he has $$$$$$$$$$ tied up and needs to start getting some money back in, and the software guy swore on his mums life it would be ok, so it will.... won't it.

So whats to worry about... all will be well.

Guess whats coming next (can you hear the screams !!)

"Errrr about that software M8.... well Freds been off sick, Joe broke his leg and Sam's dog died... we are very short staffed and to be honest we are victims of our own success, it will be with you when its ready and not before, yes I do appreciate that you paid up front..... but my hands are tied, it will be ready soon"

Thats what I recon the problem is. :D

netgic
20-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...

Which receivers? AZbox HD Premium? Hardly!

This is 72 recs [12 boxes, if I saw correctly x 6 recs in each box], it seems - on the photo... ;) Must be pretty close to the German distributor, then... :D

Because only 250 for the whole of EU came in the consignment I mentioned, abut 100 for Germany...:party:

Your information is incorrect.
The picture is from one shop.
You can believe me the 100 is wrong.
Look at the other stores in Germany to.
They have all the devices get.
Unfortunately, I can not post links because it violated the rules.

goran
20-02-2009, 10:19 PM
OKI, maybe you know something the man behind it doesn't...

peterb11
20-02-2009, 11:41 PM
conax moul 4.0 works but i have not test others
but why do you want moduls ? the soft cams work

conax orginal card in modul work
m2+ in modul dont work
m2+ in softcam work
cardspliter work in softcam

Rhodes
21-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Your information is incorrect.
The picture is from one shop.
You can believe me the 100 is wrong.
Look at the other stores in Germany to.
They have all the devices get.
Unfortunately, I can not post links because it violated the rules.

Accurate! I bought it in another store ... and the supplier confirmed the shipment to me on 23/02.:respect-055:

Rhodes
21-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Some shops are raising prices for Premium model!!!:beatdeadhorse5:

Tiptronic
21-02-2009, 09:19 AM
What an exciting moment, isn't it? :D 1 year after the topic got started, the moment finally came. Now it's almost time to enjoy our "Azbox HD Premium"s :D

Mine surely isn't too far away according to UPS : "BRUSSELS,BE 21.02.2009 7:51 ARRIVALS SCAN" some 50km left :p I hope they deliver on saturdays, else I have to wait until monday :p

bobi
21-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes very nice that the Premium is on the marked finaly
but lets be honest, will the software live up to the promises and fullfill what the technical details say ??

for a start i will say not possible ,
then the question rises , how long will it take before an workable software is reliased , 1 week, 1 moth 1 year ,

Lest se back on the Elite model, how long it has been out now 2 moths or so
what has been donne , well somethings are donne , but to many are left unfixed

i hope this will be reported to the Programers and they fix this as quick as possible

1 ) to much freezes on ALL HD channels
2) Green colour on the background of the subbtitls on ALL HD channels
3) CI slots are not yet acctivated
4) Not all cards can be readed ( viasat and skai uk )
5) Diseq 1.2 does not work at all when selecting satelite the motor gets no mesage to move to disired possition ,
6) Diseq 1.2 does not even give you a signal when you move the dish manualy, or even if the dis is preset to the possition the diseq 1.2 does not alow a signal to be seen/shown on tv screen, nor can you scan the frequency.
7) Usals , yes this does turns the motor, but it sends it way of the satelitte possition, if i try to tune in Hotbird for exampel, seems like the usals sends the motor at list 20 degrese east, missing the possitions by 7 degreece.
or seesm like with an open eye.
8) User Guide must be added to the pakege it self, yes there is one to be downloaded here , but that is not the point , it must be included in the pakege.

this is my findings untill now, and to be honest i have not tested this box realy hard yet, the test i have donne are small and basic
but seesm a good box , i hope there is some one from Azbox here and reads my post, and trys to forward all this 7 point to the image makers so they cam fix this problems , to me this missing or bugs , call it as you like it
are ver basic for an satelite receiver of this calibre.
this must have been fixed before even the box reach the marked, or at list in 1 of the softwares that have been reliased in the past weeks.

Did not Opensat test this box at all ?? did they not had any motor , usals or CI modules to test ??

this is my hope that this will be fixed within next software.
and lets hope that the Premium does not have this bugs from the delivery
as the Elite have it

cheers

bobi

spikes
21-02-2009, 01:34 PM
NewCS test on AzBox HD Elite :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuHDIDUmhWo

Now all of us can share cards hihihih

When will this be released?

joopajaa
21-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Few simple questions:

1) does Elite/ Premium work with conax card as "out of box" (dvb-c/finland)?

2) Can Premium work as upnp/dlna server for lets say ps3?

3) Is it true that Premium sw does not support dual tuner yet? (I'd like to have 2xdvb-c)

thanks! I have read this forum a lot but still little confused...

sattommy
21-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I think one of the main problems is the lack of a proper channel editor.

Can't anyone just analyse the all_channels.bin file and make one?

hanswurscht
21-02-2009, 03:33 PM
now i have hade my elite box fore more then one week
i think this box is great. lots of futures

cardsharing work
mkv264 hd work
+ divx and avi work
emu no problem work
very stable
recording work
youtube work

dont work
diseq 1.1 uncommitted
dolby digital
dts

Cardsharing work?
Where?
You cant share a Card from Box directly so there is a Clientsharing, and this not Cardsharing.

Also I have tested Wlan, only WEP and only 64 Bit Key will work.
Celrun TV Core killed comes very often
Picture in Menues is not sharp
Channelchanging is much less then my old DM500, AZ Premium needs over 2 Seconds to change my Channel

netgic
21-02-2009, 03:43 PM
1) does Elite/ Premium work with conax card as "out of box" (dvb-c/finland)?

Conax and Nagra3 Cards works fine by me with MultiCAS 1.55a.

3) Is it true that Premium sw does not support dual tuner yet? (I'd like to have 2xdvb-c)

Correct! The Firm dosnt support dual-tuners and dvb-c or dvb-t at this moment.
Wait for the new soft at 1-2 weeks with fix this problem.

@sattommy

If you know someone to program a channel editor, then I can give you the settings-structur.
However, I can not publicly post (for Devs only), but happy to send via PN.

sattommy
21-02-2009, 05:00 PM
@sattommy

If you know someone to program a channel editor, then I can give you the settings-structur.
However, I can not publicly post (for Devs only), but happy to send via PN.

You have got a pm

goran
21-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Accurate! I bought it in another store ... and the supplier confirmed the shipment to me on 23/02.:respect-055:
Accurate? What exactly is "accurate" in the way you connect his post/claims with your case/post?

Not all the Premiums went to the shop Netgic mentioned/works for?/put up a photo from.. What exactly does that prove? At most, with any certainty, that at least one model went to the shop you bought it from. How many can you guarantee that shop has, from the fact you got one? FFS!!!:banghead:

:respect-applause-00:respect-013:

gasth404
22-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Know somebody when is coming dvb-t tuner for AzBox, is this possibly this month or ... ?
In main you can read that box has integrated type SIGMA Processor SMP 8634 LF whats better then others. How its compare ze. to DB8000 400 MHz MIPS Processor ?

goran
22-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes, the processor needed [agreed to as a standard] for BluRay players, so it should be really cool in this regard - the fact that all is written from scratch, as it were, to accommodate a new [hitherto not used in our hobby] Sigma processor...:respect-048:

Watch this space, as more is being written for it!!!:respect-057::party:;)

goran
22-02-2009, 10:37 PM

This is a nightmare... :beatdeadhorse5:

An old Linksys modem/router I have and want to use as the secondary router [to the primary (cabled/plugged) D-Link router] - won't co-operate and the info on the net is not all that great...

Any significant websites, please, to help with the task at hand?

As I said:

1) The old Linksys WAG354G [secondary modem/router] needs to connect to

2) D-Link Wireless N Home router

Then, if not possible to connect wirelessly - can I use the LAN cable somehow?:svengo:

Grrrr....:cuss:

AJR
22-02-2009, 11:15 PM
can I use the LAN cable somehow

Yep... as I said before goran "Homeplugs"

No fuss.. No bother.. Easy peasy LAN :D

goran
22-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I know, m8 - but the thing is, I do have this old Linksys modem/router and I am trying to be "resourceful/useful" :D and not waste money... ;)

So many settings and maybe a waste of time, as this one might not have the "client only bridge mode" to hook it onto the primary one...

Seen some good and allegedly simple Linux SW for similar modems to have the mode easily accessible but not for mine...

Cheers!

goran
22-02-2009, 11:40 PM
http://ask.metafilter.com/111224/Create-a-wireless-bridge-in-my-house

http://www.sofaware.com/general.aspx?boneID=148&nsId=142&objId=233

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3639271

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx

Ahem...

bzoli72
23-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi Goran!

I use 2 Linksys WRT54GL routers.

1. 1st router connect to WAN.
2. Set 1st router, and set the 2nd router same as 1st.
3. Set the 2nd router communication mode to wireless bridge mode.
4. Box connect to 2nd router with cable and go!

goran
23-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I know a few things about this but this is not straight forward, unfortunately...

1) I have 2 different routers

2) The client one has no communication mode, so no easy to see and activate wireless bridge mode...

Sadly...It means:

1)Trying to find a better FW for the modem/router

2) Messing with many settings, trying to do it manually, with MAC filtering etc.

Any help, guys?

Cheers!

geezerpl
23-02-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.abload.de/thumb/azbox009xo2m.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=azbox009xo2m.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/azbox0100r7o.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=azbox0100r7o.jpg) http://www.abload.de/thumb/azbox0112zaa.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=azbox0112zaa.jpg)

EDIT:

500 receivers. ;)

Beauty pictures. Unfortunately bosnasat "forgotten" to send me one despite the fact I am on the wait list from October ! :banghead:
Medinasat didn't even bother to email me...
Maybe it's because I managed to order Premium when it costed only 299 Euro - now they are not keen on selling it so "cheap"

goran
23-02-2009, 02:16 PM
No, I guess: it's because the number of Premium recs is very limited for the whole of EU, as I heard from the horses mouth... ;) :)

Do not lose faith: they are coming!!!:respect-048:

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Mine just came :D :D :D It really looks better than I expected. :D

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHD1.jpg

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHD0.jpg

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHD5.jpg

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHD4.jpg

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHD6.jpg

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHD3.jpg

I Started it, took about an half minute to boot and it came in the menu. Checked all the options there, then updated it (took a few mins)... Now its time for me to explore the insane box!

bluepeter
23-02-2009, 04:17 PM
The biggest scandal in this day & age is that a company is prepared to release a receiver that can not drive a motor/dish to the correct sat position using any of the protocols available - Thats totally unforgivable - Shame on you Azbox

Was this ever beta tested? Not by any one with a motorised system it appears it wasn't.

Peter

ceyer
23-02-2009, 04:20 PM
@ Tiptronic

Good for you, keep us posted !

Do you have a Diablo CAM??

goran
23-02-2009, 04:43 PM
The biggest scandal in this day & age is that a company is prepared to release a receiver that can not drive a motor/dish to the correct sat position using any of the protocols available - Thats totally unforgivable - Shame on you Azbox

Was this ever beta tested? Not by any one with a motorised system it appears it wasn't.

Peter

Just as reading an OSC [and being a server on CS] was not OK and was sorted - so will this be! Patience, dear colleague, just a bit of patience...;):respect-048:

AJR
23-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Nice pictures Tiptronic

Just like the pictures people take when something is going up for sale on an auction site :reddevil:

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Not gonna sell it in a million years :p This really is like a PS3 :D

ceyer
23-02-2009, 05:23 PM
It´s got a Coax in- does that mean a DVB-T tuner is also included??

There are reports that they are not available yet??

No manual for the box ?

goran
23-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Search here, m8...:respect-048:

rdann
23-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I notice the UK distributor for these models has just put the price up on the Premium model, and he has not even sold one yet, what a joke, I am beginning to have a re think due to some of the post on this forum ( so many bugs and problems. The Q-box is beginning to look a little more attractive!!

paul01609
23-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Not gonna sell it in a million years :p This really is like a PS3 :D
just hope its not like the 360 with red lights of death:respect-013:

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Could someone with Elite or Premium help me understand the box a little bit please? I learn pretty fast, I just need some tips :)

AJR
23-02-2009, 05:54 PM
This really is like a PS3

Hmmmmmmm...

Yes, needs chipping before it will do whats usefull :D

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 05:55 PM
How do I add the sats please? I'm stuck at the most basic thing :p

http://www.abc.dommel.be/M/AzboxHDftp.JPG

paul01609
23-02-2009, 05:55 PM
I notice the UK distributor for these models has just put the price up on the Premium model, and he has not even sold one yet, what a joke, I am beginning to have a re think due to some of the post on this forum ( so many bugs and problems. The Q-box is beginning to look a little more attractive!!

hold on to your money for another couple of months the qbox could go the same way with bad support,if you can aford it go with dreambox (LOWER THE PRICE ON THE 8000 THEN WE CAN AFORD TO BUY IT)

AJR
23-02-2009, 06:01 PM
How do I add the sats please?

Download the book.. section 3.8 may help a bit

netgic
23-02-2009, 06:09 PM
sats = settings?

disk2

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I Don't have any satellites or channels in the list... it just says "0.0e eurobird 4"

ggprg
23-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I Don't have any satellites or channels in the list... it just says "0.0e eurobird 4"

I had the same thing on my Elite when I got it last Thursday. Struggled a bit and tried to manualy add new satellite. Google, *********,forums,....
At the end, a simple installation of the newest firmware and a Data Reset to factory settings did the trick. After that, a full list of satellites is available in the TV Channel->Antenna Setup.
Hope this help

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I had the same thing on my Elite when I got it last Thursday. Struggled a bit and tried to manualy add new satellite. Google, *********,forums,....
At the end, a simple installation of the newest firmware and a Data Reset to factory settings did the trick. After that, a full list of satellites is available in the TV Channel->Antenna Setup.
Hope this help

Thank you very much, that did the trick :king-041:

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 07:18 PM
So does anyone know how I can make the motor move when I change to a channel on another sat? I selected diseqc 1.2 in antenna settings-> positioner setup and left other settings the way they are.., but the motor doesn't move when I select another sat...

AJR
23-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Tiptronic M8

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=599103&postcount=809

Does that help

Tiptronic
23-02-2009, 08:16 PM
so it doesnt turn the motor yet?

xanadu
23-02-2009, 08:21 PM
so it doesnt turn the motor yet?

No

bobi
23-02-2009, 08:54 PM
So does anyone know how I can make the motor move when I change to a channel on another sat? I selected diseqc 1.2 in antenna settings-> positioner setup and left other settings the way they are.., but the motor doesn't move when I select another sat...

Do not bother with the Diseq 1.2 matey

i have almost pull out my hears ( not much left in this old days:p) trying to figure out the Diseq 1.2 and how to move my dish, but it has not help much

in the end i got so frustrated that i gived up to move the motor via diseq 1.2

I have mention this on some other posting i have donne, and now im soundig like repeating my self over and over like an NOOB

this is for sure just an software limitation for time being and can be fixed
but as long as only Opensat have the knowledge and and the programers to do this , we have nothing else to do then just wait.

I have been using FTP and try to find that file that has the possitioner stored, but have not found it yet ( maybe not looked hard inaf )
then without information how the struckture of the files are and where they are located , ppl like me with basic knowledge cannot fix this.

Cheers

bobi

sattommy
23-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I am moving my motor with diseqc 1.2 and it is working. The problem however is that you have to reprogram your motor. Because for every sat you have to save and it saves to position 1, position 2 etc. And it saves in your motor (however this doesn't work always).

What i did, I connected my dream and programmed 4 sats to position 1-4 in my dream, and then in my azbox without connecting the motor I saved the sats one after another, so then it goed to position 1-4 :)

moontan
23-02-2009, 10:16 PM
is their any difference at all between the elite and premium apart from wifi and internal harddrives?

goran
24-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Hi Goran!

I use 2 Linksys WRT54GL routers.

1. 1st router connect to WAN.
2. Set 1st router, and set the 2nd router same as 1st.
3. Set the 2nd router communication mode to wireless bridge mode.
4. Box connect to 2nd router with cable and go!

Mine is WAG354G v. 1. This is not the WRT version, which has the nice Linux FW with gazillions of tons of extra features as in DD-WRT [google and see]...:banghead::beatdeadhorse5:

See the problem[s]:

http://cyberstorm.altervista.org/?p=6

Or:
http://cyberstorm.altervista.org/blog/?page_id=24

http://cyberstorm.altervista.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62&sid=624fdfdd9b6441db9cf683063c074 0bc

http://cyberstorm.altervista.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25&sid=624fdfdd9b6441db9cf683063c074 0bc

http://l1nux.h4ck3r.googlepages.com/wag354g.html

There area more recent firmware with wireless fixed by carciofone here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/ConfigurazioneLinksysWAG354GV1V2/?flush=1

I will now try to update my modem/router with "unofficial" FW and see...

Wish me luck...:svengo:;)

AJR
24-02-2009, 09:42 AM
is their any difference at all between the elite and premium apart from wifi and internal harddrives?

The Premium remote can control your tv , and also the premium has a usb socket at the front, and lastly the premium uses an external power supply....

pr2
24-02-2009, 09:46 AM

Elite and Premium share the same firmware.

The hardware differences are:
- external power supply for the Premium
- internal HDD for the Premium
- WiFi B/G for the Premium
- Universal remote control for the TV for the Premium
- there is also a small difference in the USB: Elite 2 USB port at the back, Premium 1 USB at the back and one at the front.
- Elite doesn't have on the front panel the buttons on top of the display (Menu, Exit, Home)

If you read the user guide you will find precisely what are the differences, with all details (front panel and rear panel of both devices).

Pr2

Yoda
24-02-2009, 11:27 AM
The Premium remote can control your tv , and also the premium has a usb socket at the front, and lastly the premium uses an external power supply....

The external PSU is a massive factor for me, it should stop any annoyances with overheating especially if a HDD is installed.

wian
24-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Rotor is working here with USALS. No need to program positions or anything, just add satellites and enable USALS for every sat and the rotor works.

geezerpl
25-02-2009, 03:59 PM
hold on to your money for another couple of months the qbox could go the same way with bad support,if you can aford it go with dreambox (LOWER THE PRICE ON THE 8000 THEN WE CAN AFORD TO BUY IT)

yeah sure... read here a beta sample test http://laki.dvhk.pl/index.php?id=101

one hell piece of crap for 450 Euro, hanging & rebooting all the time / no room for internal hdd, cheap casing

Yoda
25-02-2009, 04:21 PM
yeah sure... read here a beta sample test http://laki.dvhk.pl/index.php?id=101

one hell piece of crap for 450 Euro, hanging & rebooting all the time / no room for internal hdd, cheap casing

You are right there, it really looks like someone has made it in a garden shed.

Yoda

pipino
25-02-2009, 11:41 PM
thats what we call THE ITALIAN JOB :D:D

goran
26-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I can't believe... it's not butter...:rolleyes::svengo::p :smilielol5:

TVDX
26-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Without going off topic about Azbox, I agree with the posts regarding that sham Italian company.
For anyone buying Qbox, remember that it's entirely possible, Duoscams will put a command in the programming to shut the box down in 2010 and the only way to get it going again will be to send them 50 euros.

Seriously though, I read this thread every day and enjoy keeping up to date with this box progress.

AJR
26-02-2009, 04:45 PM
enjoy keeping up to date with this box progress

Or lack of :D

goran
26-02-2009, 04:59 PM
You mean "lack thereof"...:rolleyes::D I mean honestly...:respect-applause-00:respect-013: :smilielol5:

AJR
26-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Yes M8... thats indeed what I did mean :D

goran
26-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Seriously, though: they do seem to be sorting it out, bit by bit, even with an odd setback - but it's all reversible, as it were... ;) :)

AJR
26-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes thats true..

Theres not a lot of progress on here or the official site, but some of the German guys seem to be getting their hands dirty.

I have also upgraded my order from the elite to the premium.

TVDX
26-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Keeping up to date with software updates and information on how people are rating the box as well as all the chatter is keeping up to date with the progress.

Plenty of activity in the development and community forging for this box with alot less for Qbox.

Feuerbard
27-02-2009, 05:49 PM
what about multi recordings on azbox( more 2 simultaneously SD or HD recordings оn 1 transponder оr more on 2 tuner configuration )???

rdann
27-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes this is a great forum for keeping track on progress, or lack of it!! I have now found 3 UK sites selling this box, although none seem to have any stock. Interestingly they are all the same price, right down to the last penny, and don’t seem to be improving their prices even though the pound has slightly improved over the euro.

:frown:

Tiptronic
28-02-2009, 01:09 AM
When do we get a new firmware? And I noticed there's a new patch on the azbox forum, whats that for?

xanadu
28-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Some people here have ridiculed the Qbox HD for lack of updates, but the Azbox HD is no better at the moment.

At least the Qbox HD has working CI slots.

Both boxes are in BETA test at the moment, and not fit for the purpose they were intended for. :leaving:

pr2
28-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Azbox developpers are not focusing, for the time being, on the PCMCIA slot since the OpenXCAS is able to read almost all the available cards. So they focus on the internal emulator prior to the PCMCIA slot.

But be sure, that they will also improuve the PCMCIA slot support later on.

Just be patient, it is still a beta-version of the software.

TVDX
03-03-2009, 12:39 AM
It says on the goldwafers description that a USB pen drive is needed to flash the firmware?.
Why is this?.
Is it not possible to flash via lan?.

netgic
03-03-2009, 12:55 AM
update via:

-Internet
-USB (Recommed. You can format the DOM.)
-Ethernet (comming soon)

noviserbia
03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
how to enter 10700 LNB...its driving me crazy

Tarzan
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I am about to buy this box but what is worrying me is that the basic features still don't work properly...

noviserbia
03-03-2009, 11:39 AM
i am having problems with FTP aswell....using FlashFXP ....can conect with the box with user: root,password:azbox but i cant see any folders to edit incubus cam...i have dm800,dm500,relook200 and have no problems when FTPing with FlashFXP......can somebody recomend any other method how to edit plugins ect. with the premium version of Azbox