PDA

View Full Version : What size dish for Sky UK in Malaga?

bonehead
08-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Can anyone tell me what size dish would be needed to get Sky on 28 east in Malaga Spain and what of the Sky channels that you would expect to see,as I think it is not possible to get some of the channels as some are on the weaker transponders?
I am asking as my wifes cousin is off there later in the week and was wondering if it is worth taking her Sky box (and card) with her?

Regards,
Bonehead

echelon
08-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I think its somewhere between 1.8m and 2.4m , and obviously the bbc and itv channels are harder to get being focussed onto the uk and not europe

see here _http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/skytv_reception_europe.htm

bonehead
08-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the link m8 seems quite a useful site,looks like its going to be a big dish then:frown:Oh well maybe we will get a free holiday if they want a dish set up lol:D

Regards,
Bonehead

kenhib
16-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Most people in this area use a 1.3m dish. It works OK providing its well set up with a sensitive receiver like the Pace 2600C1. I only have the FTA channels plus channel 4 and five so I don't know how the Sky movie channels come in.

pmb
16-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Not wishing to ****** the thread but I read that what is called a 1.3m in Spain is a 1.2m in the UK as the former measures the vertical and the latter the horizontal. Anyone confirm?

edit: that will be hi jack

nml
16-01-2008, 06:25 PM
They mostly use the Gibertini that is just over 1.2 but they do call it a 1.3.
I have seen dishes from 1.0 to 1.5 mtrs working on FTA channels.
I am half way between Malaga and Granada and with the Gibertini with a Pace, sony (would you believe ) and Amstrad all ok . Also tested TM 9100 Relook 400s no problems.
You best bet if you have any English neighbors nearby is see what they have got and measure the dish.
The TRADE price on the Gibertini over there is a massive €130.00, if they can fit it and take it i recommend they take a 1.3 with them from the UK.
Prices can be very expensive on the Costa.

Wish them Luck nml