PDA

View Full Version : box won't update?????

kardex
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi all,
Have downloaded lots of times for mates, but this one box is doing my head in.
Looks like the latest patch loads alright, but nothing. No key editor coming up in tools either.
Do know if it is with to do with loading the old channels lists:

Quote ANRAKH:

Some of the channel lists did not have the correct bootlooader and were not official patches. Using them can cause a receiver to lock the bootloader and prevent it (the bootloader) from being updated. A number of users' receivers were affected before the problem was discovered, mine included, which is why I removed my own published list too.

END QUOTE:

---------
Does mean the box is goosed?

Anyone help?

kardex

drahcirk
10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
just loaded the latest kardex working fine here,.

Anrakh
10-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi all,
Have downloaded lots of times for mates, but this one box is doing my head in.
Looks like the latest patch loads alright, but nothing. No key editor coming up in tools either.
Do know if it is with to do with loading the old channels lists:

Quote ANRAKH:

Some of the channel lists did not have the correct bootlooader and were not official patches. Using them can cause a receiver to lock the bootloader and prevent it (the bootloader) from being updated. A number of users' receivers were affected before the problem was discovered, mine included, which is why I removed my own published list too.

END QUOTE:

---------
Does mean the box is goosed?

Anyone help?

kardex
Sometimes the patch can get turned off by an electrical surge. Try turning it on again using menu -2020. Get a surge protector too!

kardex
10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Cheers,
Patch has loaded okay, new date there. Tried a few times.
Bootloader says a year old, does that matter?

Checked if emulator and autoupdater are on, but still no joy.
Even when I try to upload a channel list via pc or box to box transfer(userdb), it comes up STB not a compatible version.

All other boxes are okay

kardex

Anrakh
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Don't worry about the bootloader, it only changes using the Allcode+bootloader option with some loaders, and using that option will wipe out your settings and channel lists, so it's best to stay away from it.

However, if you can backup your settings with a flashdump, and can view the channels in it using maxeditor, you'd probably be safe enough to update your bootloader too. This could possibly cure your compatibility problem.

There are a number of loaders available, but the latest one I posted shouldn't find an incompatibility problem if the latest patch has been fully loaded.

kardex
10-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Cheers, I'll give it a go tonight.

Thanks
Kardex

kardex
25-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Back again!!!

Tried this box again to accept the download,
Still know joy.
Is their any way to force the download or will I just stick the box in a boot sale as a FTA box.

kardex

Alpha1
29-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Mines stopped updating too.
:frown:

Anrakh
30-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Back again!!!

Tried this box again to accept the download,
Still know joy.
Is their any way to force the download or will I just stick the box in a boot sale as a FTA box.

kardex

Mines stopped updating too.
:frown:

Try using this loader with the flash dump setting to get your boxes into upgrade mode.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78155
Make sure you use it in windows 98 compatibility mode.
If all else fails, try it on a FTA channel with all cables disconnected except the power lead and the null-modem cable.

Anrakh
05-02-2008, 03:08 AM
@Alpha1 and Kardex,
Did you make any progress?

kardex
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
@Alpha1 and Kardex,
Did you make any progress?

Cheers, Had to get 2 boxes back to life.
All working now.

Thanks Anrakh.

all the best

kardex

Alpha1
08-02-2008, 02:45 AM
will try this weekend been to busy for tv/sat