PDA

View Full Version : LOL Me Compass

MrLNB
11-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey, Got my dish, Triax 1.1. also bought a Pointe'Sat Pro meter. its a compass and beeper all in one. (by the way I also have a decent meter with needle and beeper, just thought a compass would be handy) so i took out the compass and guess what, north is pointing south and south is pointing north, which means all the detail on the compass is useless as they are printed inside and are also pointing north.its a ball type compass with liquid inside. Just wondering has anyone else one of these? only cost about £:confused:13 tried everywhere outside.

satwyn
12-01-2008, 10:46 AM
they do say that the poles will reverse in a few thousand years and trigger another ice age could have come early in your part of the world

uniuk2000
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey, Got my dish, Triax 1.1. also bought a Pointe'Sat Pro meter. its a compass and beeper all in one. (by the way I also have a decent meter with needle and beeper, just thought a compass would be handy) so i took out the compass and guess what, north is pointing south and south is pointing north, which means all the detail on the compass is useless as they are printed inside and are also pointing north.its a ball type compass with liquid inside. Just wondering has anyone else one of these? only cost about £:confused:13 tried everywhere outside.
Some of these type of compass are designed to be read from the side. For example, if it's mounted on the windscreen or dash of a car the direction that you're travelling would be displayed on the opposite side so that the driver can easily see which direction he's travelling. Hold it up at eye level and I think you'll see what I mean.
Does that make sense?

NeasdenNW10
12-01-2008, 09:40 PM
You're 100% correct uniuk2000, well described.
Norm.