PDA

View Full Version : Lnb ?

paddyboy
16-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Can You Link Two Twin Lnbs To Pick Up 13/19east ?

paddyboy.

bgsats
16-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Not sure what you're asking. Two LNBs on a bracket (side by side) on one dish, and connected to the receiver via a Diseqc switch works OK, but you must have heard of that, so what exactly do you mean?

paddyboy
16-01-2008, 11:16 AM
bgsats.
hi m8 not quite sure how to explain exactly what i mean i was going to buy a monoblock but since i have two twin lnbs i thought maybe it was possible to loop them together then i could still run both boxes and pick up 13/19e dont know if this makes it clearer in what iam trying to do.
maybe the easiest way is to try it and see if it works.

thanks paddyboy.

brain
16-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi Paddyboy
if you mean link then so they each run a box and access both satellites - fine but if one is for 13 and one for 19 but into both boxes you will have hor/vert conflict i think - disecq really only switches it. Is that what you are after? Cheers - brain

bgsats
16-01-2008, 01:05 PM
No conflict surely, as they are twin LNBs. Point the dish at Hotbird, add a bracket to the right of the original LNB (as you look at the sky from behind the dish). Add the 2nd LNB to the bracket, and adjust until you have the best possible signal from Astra1. Now take a lead from each LNB to a Diseqc switch, and connect a receiver to the switch. Set the receivers menu to correspond to the inputs on the switch (e.g. Hotbird - Diseqc A, Astra1 - Diseqc B, or however you connected the switch. Then connect the 2 remaining LNB outputs to a second Diseqc switch, and then to the 2nd receiver in the same way. If you can't get a bracket ready made for your make of dish, you can either make one, or buy a 2nd dish if you prefer. Bear in mind, you will nearly have paid for a motor!

brain
16-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Sorry - misread the twin for both - Obviously I need a drink - cheers Brain

paddyboy
16-01-2008, 02:12 PM
@Cheers Lads been Most Helpful Will Let You Know In Due Time How I get on .

thanks alot paddyboy.