PDA

View Full Version : 4 in 1 DiSEqC switch Help

paddyboy
19-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi using a dreambox 500s iam trying to set up diseqC 4 in 1 switch i have 1 lnb on a single dish set 28east and another lnb set at 16east on a another dish.16east cable connected to lnb 1 on switch and 28east connected to lnb 2 on the switch and the reciver one going into the dreambox but have been trying for hours to see if i can get both sats switching but cant seem to manage to get it going.
can someone please give me some idea of how to configure the box if they already have this set up.
beobliged for any help.

paddyboy.

raul
19-01-2008, 01:27 PM
satellite configuration => ´4 satellites via DISEqC OPT A/B´.
it doesn't matter if you only use two lnb's , it should work regardles .

paddyboy
19-01-2008, 03:53 PM
@raul
thanks for your reply m8 have tried what you said but no joy if i try other sat configs it seems to take all my pet setting out.
doing my head in now.

cheers m8.

raul
19-01-2008, 04:15 PM
after choosing above option , select the two satellites , restart enigma and rescan .
it has to work , i use 4/1 diseqc myself , works like a charm on both 500 and 7xxx .

paddyboy
19-01-2008, 05:01 PM
@raul
Hi m8 have tried again what you said when i rescan for the sats it says all known transponders have been tried but no lock was possible verify antenna /cable setup.
or try another satellite.
is it possible i have bought the wrong switch.

paddyboy.

echelon
19-01-2008, 05:06 PM
a 4 in 1 diseqc switch is usually the correct one to buy , and the options he told you should make it work , but you may have to find the sat , save and restart before scanning

I use 4 in 1 switches , and even an 8 in 1 switch with my tm9100 which uses similar setups to the dreambox and works fine

it wouldnt work if you have any shorts on the cables though

do you get anything to work at all ?

raul
19-01-2008, 05:23 PM
no lock means , either dish/lnb not aligned or hardware failure ( cables , switch , lnb ..etc ) .
also make sure you use a good satellite.xml which includes the freq's you are trying to scan .

paddyboy
19-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi lads thanks alot got it up and running ok used a/b with 2 sats done a manual scan and it worked fine.
but is there any way to get it to work with the pet settings.

thanks lads paddyboy.

baz
19-01-2008, 09:32 PM
yes m8 just load settings then go to sat config / then you will see sat/position , set them and save and when you open the channel list with ok it is all there