PDA

View Full Version : IPBox 9000HD is Imminent

norman11
21-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Lastest news from their Sales Manager
IPBo***00HD will be available in our stock during this week. We are disscussing with some distributors in UK about the distributorship. I will be able to inform you about the availability in UK in the beginning of next week. :D

Zipper
21-01-2008, 02:47 PM
For christs sake hurry up!!.:D

Ohhhhh BTW how to get one from them?

Regards.

Eugenie
21-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I see some of the german shops have adjusted the price (upwards), price is set between €599 (£446) and €649 (£483). :eek:

add to that costs for shipping and a sata harddrive!

ian_t_baxter
21-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I've found a supplier in Spain selling for 498.80 euros and the web site says stock available from 24/01/2008.

I've emailed them this morning but not had a response yet.

norman11
21-01-2008, 04:28 PM
For christs sake hurry up!!.:D

Ohhhhh BTW how to get one from them?

Regards.
Right....jeeeez there are quite a few of us chomping at the bit
to get one of these, but I think that when they get into UK will be one price?? but in EU will be another??. Will have to keep checking on the prices...and see who is offering the best deal,hopefully the UK dealers will be revealed shortly....so can take from there:D

xxxAxxx
21-01-2008, 06:39 PM
i guess they going to hit the market very bad :)i think next week will be in stock

pipino
21-01-2008, 10:39 PM
in spain it will be available on the 24th for less then 450€,but i expect a big rush for it and the price for sure will be higher

aty
22-01-2008, 01:43 PM
excuse my ignorance, what's special about this box

thx

Keano
22-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Guys just remember that the dg boxes are not designed for enigma.
They have their own soft.

I have/had all there other boxes they have released over the last few years.

You can run enigma on them but its not official, and in the case of the relook400 if you do run enigma on it you lose the second tuner, so you end up with a expensive single tuner PVR.

Important information, if like me you use CCcam then you can forget about using upto date CCcam versions on these boxes.
Support stopped by CCcam team in version 2.0.0, you could get round it by changing the DVB in the cfg but now even that has stopped.

So before you go spending your hard earned cash, think about what emu you use and do you want dg soft or engima.

I reckon Dream will be right behind dgstation, just like they were when dgstation released the cubecafe250, dream released the db600 not long after.

pipino
22-01-2008, 02:20 PM
well there is better emu than Cccam m8 and they work great ,newcs with chamlon and feyman including evocamd and mgcamd is the future so no more monopoly from DM,and by the way relook400 is half priced than dm7020 and still single tuner with inoperative CI slot ,i did see both hardwares and relook looks far better then 7020 ,, i did say before DM are victims of theire own success ,and now they are planing to put a new HD receiver in the market with no HDMI conexion and expecting us to pay nearly 900€ ..fook ém

Eugenie
22-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Good points there keano! The biggest question seems to be whether or not there will be enigma available and when it will be...and how well it will be implemented. The DGstation software really doesn´t do it for me.
Good points by pipino as well, there are even more questions concerning the DMM future products. Lets all hope it becomes clear soon so we can all get us some new receivers!

tango110
22-01-2008, 02:58 PM
i also think that the dm8000 will be overpriced but on the other side
you can have 4 tuner instead of 2 tuners wich i think is useable in the future
also you can put an dvd drive into it, but yet cant play normal dvd they still ,haven't fixed that in enigma 2 :frown: but i also. is at bit hot for the ipbox because dmm has screwed all of us as they always does :D

ian_t_baxter
22-01-2008, 03:05 PM
The ipbox 9000 will be my first linux based receiver which ever emu I use will be new to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated regarding which emu to use.

Cheers
Ian

pipino
22-01-2008, 03:12 PM
because dmm has screwed all of us as they always does :D

yes exactly from magic cam to dm8000 ,i can´t wait to see their stand on the next satshow they will hear some big stuff from me..i can promise you that

tango110
22-01-2008, 04:52 PM
yes exactly from magic cam to dm8000 ,i can´t wait to see their stand on the next satshow they will hear some big stuff from me..i can promise you that

Seems they need to hear the words from people getting tired off, that dmm is always lying to us :rolleyes:

Zipper
22-01-2008, 04:59 PM
One thing's for sure DMM know they have a market when they release a product coz most if not all here and elsewhere would probaly purchase it right!!.:rolleyes:

Regards.

pipino
22-01-2008, 05:04 PM
they should be boycoted ,,thats for sure

cooler
22-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Agreed m8, unless it's so out of this world.

Yoda
22-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Not me, im a dreambox fan.

As soon as I can get my hands on the DM8000 I will be a happy man.

Yoda

grim
22-01-2008, 09:20 PM
i'm a fan of competition and choice so i wouldnt boycott dreambox (not that it well ever happen). The more that release HD linux options the better :) even if you dont like a manufacturer you still have to admit more options bring prices lower and give us more choice of images etc. As far as i'm concerned good luck to dmm, DG, Ipbox, Kathrein, and anyone else with plans to fill the hole in the market.

bobi
22-01-2008, 09:35 PM
take it easy guys , the cake will be divided in small peices , all will have his own of the cake

IPbox is now in Hamburg , have spoken with the manager of ABCOM late today
and he asured me the boxes are due to the abcom wharehouse tomorow lattes aftertomorow.

There has been a small delay as long as i could understand from the converstaion
but it will arrive for sure ,

my peronal gues is that all shops will have it on stock within the 1.02.08
but we will have to see ( we dont want to see a second dreambox do we) hahahhahha

as for dream multimedia , they can kiss my white A**
they do not even answer my e-mails anymore , they have not given any date or picture
on the product , and they have placed an blurry picture on their site just to tiss us .

i to have owned dream multimedia products since the magic cam 1.01 FIRST
and i have been lett down by their products at that time ( magic time **** 1 april do not forgett it yet )

i will love to see as many linux receivers on the marked as that will bbring us the end user good buy and save some money.

PS; there seems to even be the Reelbox , a very nice multimedia all in one
but is over priced 1500 euro is well over what i will spend for a satelite receiver.

cheers

bobi

Gone_Fishing
22-01-2008, 10:07 PM
and they have placed an blurry picture on their site just to tiss us .

I think your find dream are slowly revealing the new models from behind the blurry picture along with the name as the release gets closer

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/images/new_hdtv_faves_02.jpg

TNT

daxv8
22-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I am a fan of Dreambox and who can stand up and say they are not . I can wait for the DM8000 as I know it will be well supported .
The question we should be asking is are we missing much on HD sat at present . There has not been the boom of HD . With the amount of SD channels & limited HD content my DM7020 is doing me fine at present with excellent support.
Do you take the leap and select another manufacturer?

Cheers

bonovox
22-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Thats why I'm probably gonna buy a Kathrein as a second receiver, keeping my 7020 as my main receiver still. The Kathrein is not badly priced and can get me the HD channels through CS so will be fine until the Dreambox 8000 comes out. As for the Dgstation receivers, I have found that enigma runs fine on my 200s and does a good job so the new Cuberevo models look tempting. But the price might be too high.

pipino
22-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I am a fan of Dreambox and who can stand up and say they are not . I can wait for the DM8000 as I know it will be well supported .
The question we should be asking is are we missing much on HD sat at present . There has not been the boom of HD . With the amount of SD channels & limited HD content my DM7020 is doing me fine at present with excellent support.
Do you take the leap and select another manufacturer?

Cheers

dont think the support DM8000 will be the same as its predecessors ,just look at DM7025 because its so expensive there isnt much support as DM500 because the good chaps behide it wouldnt pay that high amount for normal SD receiver ,so you can expect even slower response for DM8000 as many home devoloper no way will pay nearly 900€ for a box like that ..remember most of us dont even watch tv ...and this is a hobby ...so please DM dont take a **** with your prices
..cheers

marder
22-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I think your find dream are slowly revealing the new models from behind the blurry picture along with the name as the release gets closer

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/images/new_hdtv_faves_02.jpg

TNT
That must be the slowest movie ever. Frame rate is in "frames per week" ;)

Eugenie
23-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Oh brother! the kings of tease (DMM) are slowly killing me with all this suspense! :D While their pictures are getting clearer my mind is getting more and more blurry! :eek:

slime
23-01-2008, 12:32 AM
@Eugenie,

Well said

Keano
23-01-2008, 08:44 AM
dont think the support DM8000 will be the same as its predecessors ,just look at DM7025 because its so expensive there isnt much support as DM500 because the good chaps behide it wouldnt pay that high amount for normal SD receiver ,so you can expect even slower response for DM8000 as many home devoloper no way will pay nearly 900€ for a box like that ..remember most of us dont even watch tv ...and this is a hobby ...so please DM dont take a **** with your prices
..cheers

Don't worry about that m8, dream have their contacts who they are more than willing to give a free box or two too to help them sell more.

Just like dg/ipbox, the HD ipbox as been in the hands of a few special ;) people now for a few weeks.

What does p*ss me off is certain emu team who only want to support the db.

Those who are not sure dgstation and Ipbox are the same just different brand name on the front.

crabber
23-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Well a friend who spoke to a dealer :D was told the 800 is very near release but the 8000 is "nowhere near" ready.

bobi
23-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Well said mate

IPbox has acctualy more support then the relook:D
as ipbox is an based EU firm , and they have estabilshed contacts with diferent teams.

as you said the most problem is the EMU teams , why the heck do not all the teams support this receivers ??
If there was as many support fofr dreamnbox as it is for DGS then i am sure dm will have ben nothing more just some scarpy plastick.
DMM have paid well to have the supporth they do.

Another thing is that DGS did not ever agrea to pay money to the developers
or send an receiver for free ( will cost them nothing realy) and this has been the fail then have made, while ABCOM is now making a diferent approach to the marked.

Hahahah look at those picture , please you making me blind
this is one thing i realy hate , a company that tiesess costumers is not serius one. Why can,t they give us a date ?? Being it 40 days , 6 months , 2 years , so we know how long to wait for .Bad for bussinness.

cheers

bobi

Just like dg/ipbox, the HD ipbox as been in the hands of a few special ;) people now for a few weeks.

bobi
23-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Well said mate

IPbox has acctualy more support then the relook:D
as ipbox is an based EU firm , and they have estabilshed contacts with diferent teams.

as you said the most problem is the EMU teams , why the heck do not all the teams support this receivers ??
If there was as many support fofr dreamnbox as it is for DGS then i am sure dm will have ben nothing more just some scarpy plastick.
DMM have paid well to have the supporth they do.

Another thing is that DGS did not ever agrea to pay money to the developers
or send an receiver for free ( will cost them nothing realy) and this has been the fail then have made, while ABCOM is now making a diferent approach to the marked.

Hahahah look at those picture , please you making me blind
this is one thing i realy hate , a company that tiesess costumers is not serius one. Why can,t they give us a date ?? Being it 40 days , 6 months , 2 years , so we know how long to wait for .Bad for bussinness.

cheers

bobi

Don't worry about that m8, dream have their contacts who they are more than willing to give a free box or two too to help them sell more.

Those who are not sure dgstation and Ipbox are the same just different brand name on the front.

Likvid
24-01-2008, 11:45 AM
My 9000HD is on the way now, it's been sent from the shop.

Two days with UPS, which means i get it on Monday.

ian_t_baxter
24-01-2008, 11:55 AM
My 9000HD is on the way now, it's been sent from the shop.

Two days with UPS, which means i get it on Monday.

Excellent..... Will you pm me the site your bought it from please.

Cheers
Ian

Likvid
24-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I PM you.

ian_t_baxter
24-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I PM you.

Cheers mate but I'm not going to pay 600 euros for it. Think I'll wait until the end of the month and get it cheaper.

xxxAxxx
24-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Cheers mate but I'm not going to pay 600 euros for it. Think I'll wait until the end of the month and get it cheaper.

can you pm me to pls i like to see the price thx

Likvid
24-01-2008, 01:04 PM
599 euro for the single tuner, and 649 for the dual-tuner model.

They are the same except the cheaper comes with only one tuner, upgradeable to two tuners if you want later.

Still it's 150 cheaper than the DM8000 if it comes out and the hardware quality is probably higher as Dreambox always try to save cost on component boards etc...

Zipper
24-01-2008, 01:08 PM
@likvid: can you pm too please much appreciated.:D

Regards.

Likvid
24-01-2008, 01:16 PM
You have PM.

Heck! it's alot of money, i feel guilty now afterwards spending that much when i needed a new subwoofer.

Zipper
24-01-2008, 01:19 PM
thanks likvid.:D

Likvid
24-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Anyone else ordered yet?

vinny0048
24-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Anyone else ordered yet?

Likvid, please could you pm the site.

I'd be interested.

Eugenie
24-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Well well well, it is indeed in stock today. Seems the wait has come to an end.
Now it will indeed be interesting to follow the developement.
I have personally decided not to buy one just yet, I´m just not that fond of the DGstation software. Will wait for word on enigma.

jimmyboy
24-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Me to Likvid.

Keano
24-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Unless the latest CCcam works on it there is no point me buying one, and I can't see it working on it because it does not work on any other of the dgstation boxes.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the db8000 and get ripped off.

bobi
24-01-2008, 03:30 PM
me to Likvid
send me an pm please

nixus
24-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Have ordered one black too at *****************

norman11
24-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Anyone else ordered yet?
I will,but will wait for the Spanish site....their price sounds more reasonable.
Thanks for the PM...is it possible m8 you could PM me the Spanish site URL
Big thanks:D

Likvid
24-01-2008, 04:16 PM
I will,but will wait for the Spanish site....their price sounds more reasonable.
Thanks for the PM...is it possible m8 you could PM me the Spanish site URL
Big thanks:D

I don't have the URL to the Spanish site.

The German site got the boxes in stock for delivery asap, my box is on the way now :D

DrProzac
24-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Could you PM me the URL as well please.

Gone_Fishing
24-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Have ordered one black too at *****************

Don't post links to other sat retailers !

TNT

Likvid
24-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Seems they sold out all stock pretty fast, it says 3-6 days now.:D

nixus
24-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Don't post links to other sat retailers !

TNT

OK my General:D

bobi
24-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes they did preaty fast, did not even manage to have a look before they was sold out. and seems only the German stores was able to have the first stok:D

dam they realy did buy all the boxes while they was in Hamburg:eek:
now we have to wait 1 more weeks or 2 , ****t:mad:

cheers

bobi

Seems they sold out all stock pretty fast, it says 3-6 days now.:D

kaja008
29-01-2008, 09:56 AM
@likvid

has it arrived? first impressions?

brgds,
kaja008

bobi
29-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I think nobody has gott one yet , hihihih
all this guys that have orderd was all Pre-paid i thing

Prove me wrong and add an picure here, seems the ABCOM had problems with the costum
in Hamburg, the delivery was agein delayed.

Now i will like to see one picture or menu from the guys that have order one.

I im sure that the first week in february it will be on the way to the shpos.

cant wait to gett mine.

cheers

bobi

xxxAxxx
31-01-2008, 11:24 AM
also they put the price up cos many calling to them to get one they r holding back same resion .....or they dont want to put in the market if test r not how they want it ...