PDA

View Full Version : Still can't save keys to Humax - think I may bin it :-(

KANU25
26-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,

I've had this problem for 3 months now....haven't been able to watch anything.

I just can't seem to save the keys automatically or manually for anything on my hummie.

I've spring cleaned it a couple of times, loaded the latest files (currently got 10.1 on there) - but still nothing.

At the the minimum I should be able to go manually into my humax - select a provider, add some keys and click OK to save - but when I do that it just keeps every thing as 0's. I took some pics but can't upload on the post....

This might be a stupid question - but where are the keys saved?? onto the card or box?? I'm wandering if there is something up with the memory??

Thanks!

voith driver
26-01-2008, 06:00 PM
hi kanu25,
well there have been a couple of threads in the same vein, but they die a death, but there should be a resolution.

things to check,

card in the slot with a 6/1 file (old is ok) check by pressing 0(zero) then rcl before the dashes go from the screen, should say smart card extracted then accepted or even this card has no rights.

load a new or your channel settings file again, this clears the bin area.

make sure that the patch you have loaded, if you were using hdfsmart had all the modules ticked.

change preselect to card + emu (menu,toh,config,caid preselect)

stb time to 1hr+ gmt

load a new bin using dsremu 9500 5.6cw make sure you have verify switched on.
verify will take less than a couple of seconds, if it takes longer than there is a problem, which could well be the cable,(it has been known for a homemade lead to fail to load a bin)

check everything after you load it to make sure it actually has gone in,using patch No, settings date, or keys)

switch off using the remote, switch back on at the box, (do not pull the plug or switch off at the back)

you should now be watching something, tps AU's ok, premiere might need going to france 4 or 5 to au. or even a total power down and restart

now see if anything is clearing.

but a bit of clarification, at the minimum, you cannot select a provider an input keys, unless you already have a bin in to work from.

also the keys are stored in the box, the card is only used for the irderto part of the equation.

hope this helps
voith

KANU25
26-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks Voith

Card is defo in the slot - and have been using with no issues for about 4 years. It does say smartcard extracted and then accepted.

New channel settings file - I've done that before but will try again.

Yep made sure all the modules were ticked.

Yep its on Card + emu.

Stb time - actually at the moment its on +2GMT - will change it.

New key.bin - uploads and verify's ok.

Will check everything again....

Yep tried the on and off thing.

Will re-look at the above shortly...the only reason I'm looking at the manual input is that surely if I can't input and save them manually then it definately won't work by uploading them.

Thanks again

voith driver
26-01-2008, 07:53 PM
it will be interesting to see the results, as if it verify's ok then you should be seeing key's to edit.
but as I said before, you need keys and providers already in before you can manually edit.

keep fingers crossed
voith

jimrare
27-01-2008, 12:34 AM
New key.bin - uploads and verify's ok.

Which program do you use to upload keys? Is your humax turned ON a fta channel when uploading the bin file? Some programs verify ok even if your humax is turned off which is false. Viewing zeros means that the keys are definitely not in.

bobbyboil
27-01-2008, 01:08 AM
you are uploading keys with hummy ON arent you. and not when its in stand by?

also what progam are you using to upload keys?

REDARMY
27-01-2008, 02:21 AM
When you upload your bin file with 9500 5.6cw before you send it to your hummy click on the ? at the top Then settings then Humax Def, then upload to the box this worked for me ;)........................

ALIBE
27-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Things you can try.

1. In the Configuration Menu check that:
CAID Preselect = Card + Emu
Card Blocker = Off
Sharing Protocol Mode = HSIC

SSSP mode for card sharing can sometimes interfere with key updates

2. Try reloading DSR9500 v5.6 Key Editor in case it has been corrupted.

3. Check your DSR9500 settings
Humax Def
FW Check = Off
Verify from Box = Off

4. Try using a different computer for your uploads and avoid laptops, if possible.

5. Use a different Key Editor.
Emu Key Loader
Samsung DSR Studio

6. Try loading a key file in .hdf format (an out-of-date one will do) and then follow it up with a current key.bin file using DSR9500 v5.6 Key Editor. Such a file would be loaded using Humax HZU Uploader, HDFSmart or similar.
This has been known to clear the corruption in key area of the flash memory.
I have posted a ZeroRam.hdf file in the Public Upload section.

7. If possible, avoid using a USB / Null Modem (RS232c) combination for the communication between your computer and Humax.

8. Revert back to an earlier ToH such as ToH3.4_HoT7.4.hdf and then immediately update again to the latest ToH.
The theory behind this is that a different area of the flash memory was being used for HoT7.4 and any corruption may be over-written by the back-dating.

Good Practice when experiencing such problems
a. Only have a Funcard (or similar) in the inbuilt Irdeto Cam
b. Remove any third party Cam
c. Ensure that your computer and Humax are freshly booted so that no residual data communications are present as a result of previous failed attempts to update your key files.
d. Switch to a free-to-air channel before the key update and ensure the receiver is switched on and not in Standby.

Well. This should keep you busy for a while.
Good luck.

KANU25
29-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Well - I tried it...and.....it worked!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to everyone!

Step no. 6 in Alibe's instructions seemed to do the trick - how bizzare! - Thanks again!

Andrew007
04-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Well - I tried it...and.....it worked!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to everyone!

Step no. 6 in Alibe's instructions seemed to do the trick - how bizzare! - Thanks again!

KANU25
A few months ago I had the same problems..
For me the solution was to change the Editor with which I loaded the Channel List (Settings)
Apparently NOT all the Editors for Humax 5400 out there are compatible with one another..and sometimes create problems when you Load your Settings.
I know this should NOT effect the Key*bins BUT it DID for me..strange Yes...
I use these two now and NO problems whatsoever.

1.. " HNFSmart 2.4Fix3 "
and
2.. " SetEditHumaxV3 + Licence " version 1.03 build 65

Both of these work for me very well.

Nice Tutorial ALIBE ...will Help a lot of Pimps .:D Thanks..!
Cheers;)
Andrew

evagoras
04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I had a similar problem after i updated my humax with latest hot patch. I would put in numbers and then it wouldnt save them. Also the other problem was that i knew certain channels and their frequency like premier channels and sky news however when i did a manual channel or/and auto search they wouldnt come up. In the end to solve these problems i firstly updated the channel list. then used a bin file with the keys to get both sorted. There is a third problem which i havent found a solution and that is when i do a search of certain Premier channels or e.g. tps channels the ones i have in the favourite list and channel list in general disappear form memory!!