PDA

View Full Version : Been switched off a while

satkid
06-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Guys, I have had my humax boxed for a while, and was wondering if somebody could let me know what i need to upload to it to get it current. Reading the posts i am guessing the TOH10 patch but what else?

Thanks.

Prontopro
06-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Load 10.1 as its a full patch unlike 10.0 which is an update only. You should also load a new settings file as I'd imagine the channels and frequencies will have changed a lot if you've not used your box for a long time. Lastly load the latest keybin file and that should see you sorted.

satkid
07-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi, thanks. I have updated with 10.2, and latest ky, but nothing opens. There is an xml file inside the zip file, but the instructions i found arent really helpful with what to do with it, if anything.

Do i have to use any specific versions of software? I have used oak for the hdf file, and dsr for the key.

Also is the settings card+emu+s, ecm+emm, hsic for all, or do they need to change depending upon provider you want to watch?

Thanks,

bobbyboil
07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
you need a card in the irdeto slot as well for the emu to work.

such as a gold card or funcard.

not sure what file you need to use to program the card though

voith driver
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
regarding instructions, you could always look in the help section its surprising what you can find there :D
the usual suggestions I give for programs are

HDFSMART for the patches, keep it upto date, thats what the xml file is for, but there is an easier way to do this, provided the patch is posted here by known members it will be good, so make sure all the modules are ticked

HNFSMART for the channel settings

dsr 9500 5.6 CW for the bin

remember to change the caid preset to card+emu

that's about it

voith

satkid
08-02-2008, 12:22 AM
thanks guys for all your help. Everything is ok now. I used oak to upload the patch, i was using an older dsr to upload the bin file (this did not work) and also the pmc table was not correct (thanks marco, for pointing these out).

The xml file in the patch threw me, as i read some posts that confused me a little, but i realised that it was just a verify for the patch, but using oak there is no use for it.

I have played a little with the card+emu+s, and i think it works now on both, but you have to play a little with it.